Author Topic: Ahmed Hegazi leaves for Al-Ittihad  (Read 243885 times)

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

Re: Ahmed Hegazi
« Reply #675 on: December 26, 2019, 05:50:43 PM »
His passing was abysmal, constantly hoofing it back to them, defending was fairly average. We sat way too deep, allowing Barnsley to get a shot away from five yards out after minimal pressure on the ball in the build up. Hegazi should have dragged the team forwards. I hope Bartley is back and playing again ASAP.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #676 on: December 26, 2019, 05:59:29 PM »
His passing was abysmal, constantly hoofing it back to them, defending was fairly average. We sat way too deep, allowing Barnsley to get a shot away from five yards out after minimal pressure on the ball in the build up. Hegazi should have dragged the team forwards. I hope Bartley is back and playing again ASAP.

Crazy and totally untrue.

The one thing I will say is Hegazi isnt used to playing the Bilic way at the moment but then he's had very little experience of it, he needs to adapt to how Bilic teams play on the ball. Too many long outballs but most of them found their target. Defensively he was a unit won everything in the air.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #677 on: December 26, 2019, 06:03:16 PM »
Thought he looked better today than last game
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #678 on: December 26, 2019, 06:40:30 PM »
Hegazi was imperious today. Won everything.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #679 on: December 26, 2019, 06:46:17 PM »
There's some incredibly mixed feedback on Hegazi here!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #680 on: December 26, 2019, 06:49:08 PM »
Solid as ever today. Will only get better with more game time and the fitness and match sharpness it brings.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #681 on: December 26, 2019, 07:05:51 PM »
Hegazi was imperious today. Won everything.

Hysterically inaccurate. Barnsley has 22 shots, including 8 on target, Sam Johnstone saved our bacon. Our defenders including Hegazi were all at sea.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #682 on: December 26, 2019, 07:11:13 PM »
Hysterically inaccurate. Barnsley has 22 shots, including 8 on target, Sam Johnstone saved our bacon. Our defenders including Hegazi were all at sea.

I've been to the game, watched Hegazi closely, how many shots we conceded as a team has no bearing on how an individual has played.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #683 on: December 26, 2019, 07:17:32 PM »

I've been to the game, watched Hegazi closely, how many shots we conceded as a team has no bearing on how an individual has played.

I also watched the game. A memorable highlight was Hegazi trying a ludicrous switch of play to Furlong on the hour mark and booting the ball straight into the stand. That along with several hoofs down the middle of the pitch to their keeper, bypassing our midfield. The performance today was sub-par, Barnsley we’re better throughout and our goal lived an extremely charmed life, our goal keeper had a blinder. Ultimately we almost got a lucky win but we’re punished for sitting on our goal line and not engaging with their attack until it was too late. If only we had an imperious experienced centre back to push the back line up the pitch.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #684 on: December 26, 2019, 07:25:35 PM »
Given the pressure the defence were under, I think they did ok in conceding just once.
I saw alot of good blocks and headers won. Hegazi looked commanding in the air. Johnstone made 3 or 4 top saves, which could easily have resulted in goals. Our biggest problem, was the 4-4-2 formation which didn't open up the Barnsley defence enough.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #685 on: December 26, 2019, 07:26:05 PM »
With Hegazi on pitch we never once tried to pass out from back which played into Barnsley hands as they were able to win back ball from our kick outs.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #686 on: December 26, 2019, 08:22:35 PM »
With Hegazi on pitch we never once tried to pass out from back which played into Barnsley hands as they were able to win back ball from our kick outs.

We didn't try and play out from the back because Sawyers was either stuck out wide or when in position ignored by Johnstone because we were leading and he was time wasting, nothing to do with Hegazi.

I also watched the game. A memorable highlight was Hegazi trying a ludicrous switch of play to Furlong on the hour mark and booting the ball straight into the stand. That along with several hoofs down the middle of the pitch to their keeper, bypassing our midfield. The performance today was sub-par, Barnsley we’re better throughout and our goal lived an extremely charmed life, our goal keeper had a blinder. Ultimately we almost got a lucky win but we’re punished for sitting on our goal line and not engaging with their attack until it was too late. If only we had an imperious experienced centre back to push the back line up the pitch.

Ah so it's a Beckenbauer you're after? For what it's worth Hegazi played two worldy passes from deep inside his own half to wide right in the first half, putting Pereira and Furlong 'in'.

Johnstone made one truly excellent save only.

You appear to be attributing the overall performance to Ahmed Hegazi, and let's be honest, you have plenty of previous.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #687 on: December 26, 2019, 08:33:37 PM »

We didn't try and play out from the back because Sawyers was either stuck out wide or when in position ignored by Johnstone because we were leading and he was time wasting, nothing to do with Hegazi.

Ah so it's a Beckenbauer you're after? For what it's worth Hegazi played two worldy passes from deep inside his own half to wide right in the first half, putting Pereira and Furlong 'in'.

Johnstone made one truly excellent save only.

You appear to be attributing the overall performance to Ahmed Hegazi, and let's be honest, you have plenty of previous.

Says the bloke who thinks Brunt is Messi and Rondon, Shearer. All of them were poor apart from the keeper. You’ve already conceded you couldn’t see the other end of the pitch. The save second half from distance was also a great save, reminiscent of Tony Lange at Pompey on the last day of 93/94 from Paul Hall. Hegazi like the rest of them was second best today.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 11:45:09 PM by baggie82 »

Wbamitch

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #688 on: December 26, 2019, 08:54:50 PM »
A bit up and down today, I think it's better than he has looked when recently brought in, obviously the amount of chances Barnsley created brings huge question marks but I think that goes on the midfield and defence.

I thought at times he looked very slow and on the verge of being given a bit of the run around, bailed out a couple of times. There were a couple of excellent diagonal balls in the first half which was probably our most dangerous threat, they just didn't quite materialise in the end, I remember a few notable applauses for those moments of quality. Then he went wayward as did the rest of the team on a progressive decline.

I'd still put Bartley back in.

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #689 on: December 26, 2019, 09:50:31 PM »
Hegazi was our stand out defender today. Won the vast majority of balls in the air and hit some sublime cross field passes.

People seeking to blame him for the goal need to have a closer look towards our wasteful midfield, today.
All time favourite player: Jan Kozak

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #690 on: December 26, 2019, 10:03:05 PM »
Thought Hegazi did well today. Made on the whole good decisions and cleared it long when needed.
Issue today was the ball kept coming back from the front and there was a massive hole in central midfield which their number 9 utilised well.
Barnsley had more energy than us and caused our defence all sorts of problems, but the issue was more midfield and up front. Nooooo legs anywhere. No pace.
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #691 on: December 27, 2019, 06:29:03 AM »
Can I add here that for some reason, I hope not under instruction from the bench, Johnson also went into long ball hopeful hoof mode into no mans land quite early on in the second half
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #692 on: December 27, 2019, 08:13:47 AM »
Hegazi was our stand out defender today. Won the vast majority of balls in the air and hit some sublime cross field passes.

People seeking to blame him for the goal need to have a closer look towards our wasteful midfield, today.

I don't doubt he was our best defender today but that doesn't mean he wasnt at fault for the goal. He wondered off his man allowing him to score.

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #693 on: December 27, 2019, 09:56:47 AM »
I don't doubt he was our best defender today but that doesn't mean he wasnt at fault for the goal. He wondered off his man allowing him to score.

Couldn't tell from the other end but fair enough. Shame as he was very solid apart from a bit of sloppiness.
All time favourite player: Jan Kozak

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #694 on: December 27, 2019, 10:00:15 AM »

On replays of the goal, it does suggest he should have been on the near post, but then so could Barry and Ajayi, who are both did in no man's land.

Barnsley over loaded our defence and centre backs are anyways going to struggle in that situation.
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #695 on: December 27, 2019, 04:01:38 PM »
I thought from what I saw watching the game on the TV 2nd half, Hegazi seemed to be the main person stopping the balls coming in to the box.

The amount of shots Barnsley managed to have and the work Johnstone had to do suggests there were defensive failings but I think a bigger issue for us rather than the defensive personnel is how we defend as a team. Most top modern sides (Liverpool, Wolves, Spurs under Poch and now Leeds under Bielsa) base their style of play on aggressively defending from the front, playing with a high intensity when not in possession of the ball.

One thing I noticed 2nd half yesterday was that Barnsley found it very easy to pass the ball put from the back and would be into our half with very little resistance, despite us having players around in those positions. Our whole mindset to defending could do with changing in the second half of the season.
Boing Boing

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #696 on: December 27, 2019, 05:54:46 PM »
I thought from what I saw watching the game on the TV 2nd half, Hegazi seemed to be the main person stopping the balls coming in to the box.

The amount of shots Barnsley managed to have and the work Johnstone had to do suggests there were defensive failings but I think a bigger issue for us rather than the defensive personnel is how we defend as a team. Most top modern sides (Liverpool, Wolves, Spurs under Poch and now Leeds under Bielsa) base their style of play on aggressively defending from the front, playing with a high intensity when not in possession of the ball.

One thing I noticed 2nd half yesterday was that Barnsley found it very easy to pass the ball put from the back and would be into our half with very little resistance, despite us having players around in those positions. Our whole mindset to defending could do with changing in the second half of the season.

Agree
But there are reasons/excuses
Regarding defending from the front yesterday in the second half , you had (after Filip went off)
HRK who the ref penalised for breathing, tried as always
Austin who doesn’t want to catch a cold, so stays at least 10yds away when “closing down”
Zohore....(I’m giggling)
Barry ...never been blessed with speed
Pereira....worn out and not the fastest
Sawyers tried but tired, not the fastest
Livermore tried but tired , not the fastest

Now .....imagine if we pressed from the front with

HRK.        Shane long

Edwards. Mulumbu.  Pereira Koren. Phillips

The opposition would have no time on the ball, in my view this is what we need to replicate
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #697 on: December 29, 2019, 05:49:38 PM »
Good defender but not suited to playing out from back I'd be moving him on in window.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #698 on: December 29, 2019, 06:03:34 PM »
I’ve always though his distribution from the back was quite good
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

sammyg

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #699 on: December 29, 2019, 06:06:22 PM »
I thought he was one of our better performers today.