Author Topic: Josh Maja joins Albion  (Read 17746 times)

swad35

• Youth Baggie

Re: Josh Maja joins Albion
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2023, 01:35:08 AM »
Great signing, not at peak age, point to prove in the uk and free so some sell on profit if a hit. By the way he can score, right team, right coach could have a really good season.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2023, 07:17:41 AM »
Surprised just how far off the pace the local press were, especially given there had been several people on twitter saying the move would happen for a good 24 hours. I did chuckle though at the sight of "ITK's" (who may have some information but certainly not everything) dancing between the Kaba and Maja links claiming this was the mystery striker they were talking about hoping nobody would notice they had just claimed it was the other one a few hours before.

I'm tainted a bit with Maja's time at Stoke, so I won't get hopes up too much, but in our current situation, Maja is probably the best we can hope for. The name that came to mind for me was Chubba Akpom, as mentioned by Johnny Cash and a few others. We are near enough in that sort of situation now, hoping that a player who showed early potential can finally find his goal scoring form. It is possible, even if I maintain that I'd lrefer for us to pick up a less known quantity from abroad.

Pleased it is a permanent deal for a younger player though, we haven't done enough of these deals for a while.
Boing Boing

robnewbold

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2023, 01:01:14 PM »
Can only be positive about this, lets go!

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #53 on: August 02, 2023, 02:24:36 PM »
Surprised just how far off the pace the local press were, especially given there had been several people on twitter saying the move would happen for a good 24 hours. I did chuckle though at the sight of "ITK's" (who may have some information but certainly not everything) dancing between the Kaba and Maja links claiming this was the mystery striker they were talking about hoping nobody would notice they had just claimed it was the other one a few hours before.

I'm tainted a bit with Maja's time at Stoke, so I won't get hopes up too much, but in our current situation, Maja is probably the best we can hope for. The name that came to mind for me was Chubba Akpom, as mentioned by Johnny Cash and a few others. We are near enough in that sort of situation now, hoping that a player who showed early potential can finally find his goal scoring form. It is possible, even if I maintain that I'd lrefer for us to pick up a less known quantity from abroad.

Pleased it is a permanent deal for a younger player though, we haven't done enough of these deals for a while.
Maja
Berahino
Chupa moting

All done ok but not in the potteries
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2023, 02:25:12 PM »
It's amazing how when we get so many posters praising a signing, there are always one or two doomsayers who are quick to poo poo it.

As we all know poo pooing alone is a court martial offence!

https://youtu.be/QeF1JO7Ki8E
Gerrrrim aaart a mar klub 😂😂
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #55 on: August 02, 2023, 02:53:00 PM »
Well done JM on your 3 year contract.

Best of luck and I hope you are brilliant for us and can be what Akpom was for boro last season, for every season you are with us.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #56 on: August 02, 2023, 05:21:32 PM »
Maja
Berahino
Chupa moting

I am struggling to think of anyone who has done well there recently, not that I care....
MAGA!

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #57 on: August 02, 2023, 05:23:08 PM »
I am struggling to think of anyone who has done well there recently, not that I care....
BTA 😉

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #58 on: August 02, 2023, 05:57:49 PM »
Maja
Berahino
Chupa moting

Man City sent Liam Delap there last season and he bombed out there too.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #59 on: August 02, 2023, 06:19:30 PM »
Maja
Berahino
Chupa moting

listening to a podcast where they mentioned the last player to score 15 or more at Stoke was Peter Thorne in 2000/01

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #60 on: August 02, 2023, 07:05:17 PM »
listening to a podcast where they mentioned the last player to score 15 or more at Stoke was Peter Thorne in 2000/01

Not too surprising considering Pulis was there for about 10 seasons or so. Still, you'd expect them to have had someone in since then to get 15.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #61 on: August 02, 2023, 08:37:09 PM »

Without looking, I would have thought Fuller scored 15 or over.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #62 on: August 02, 2023, 08:39:58 PM »
When did Jonathan Walters finish there?
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #63 on: August 02, 2023, 09:57:46 PM »
When did Jonathan Walters finish there?

2017. His best return was 8. Albeit in the prem.

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #64 on: August 02, 2023, 11:12:38 PM »
Without looking, I would have thought Fuller scored 15 or over.

Fuller got 15 in 07/08

Anyway, back to Josh. Can't say I'm overly enthused, but a three year deal at 24 means we'll get his best years. Hopefully he fits into the system well and can improve us
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #65 on: August 03, 2023, 08:19:01 AM »
Regarding his merits as a footballer, I cannot comment on those as I don’t think I’ve ever seen him play. However, I am happy to see our recruitment moving in a different direction. The signings of Maja and Sacramento bring in some much needed youth and energy to this side and is a move away from our reliance on 30+ experienced footballers whose best days are behind them.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #66 on: August 03, 2023, 08:29:49 AM »
He can't retire here under that contract, he still has his future to play for. Steps in the right direction.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #67 on: August 03, 2023, 08:33:53 AM »
Regarding his merits as a footballer, I cannot comment on those as I don’t think I’ve ever seen him play. However, I am happy to see our recruitment moving in a different direction. The signings of Maja and Sacramento bring in some much needed youth and energy to this side and is a move away from our reliance on 30+ experienced footballers whose best days are behind them.

Good morning Liam, I'm here to brighten your day. If you were at the home game against Stoke in the Val/Bruce season you'll have seen Maja get the assist for Stoke's third goal in our 1-3 defeat. Unless you'd already left for the pub  ;D .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #68 on: August 03, 2023, 01:05:13 PM »
Good morning Liam, I'm here to brighten your day. If you were at the home game against Stoke in the Val/Bruce season you'll have seen Maja get the assist for Stoke's third goal in our 1-3 defeat. Unless you'd already left for the pub  ;D .

Cruel blow. Hilarious though.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #69 on: August 03, 2023, 01:07:49 PM »
2017. His best return was 8. Albeit in the prem.

Ta !
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #70 on: August 12, 2023, 07:18:12 PM »
Very early days, but his touch and hold up play was good in the short time he was on the pitch.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #71 on: August 12, 2023, 07:18:59 PM »
Yep, brief but promising

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #72 on: August 12, 2023, 07:24:00 PM »
Looked very useful when he came on. Will only get better with improved fitness.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #73 on: August 12, 2023, 07:31:58 PM »
Looked very useful when he came on. Will only get better with improved fitness.

Yep, he looked quite unfit to me and he didn't do as much running as I expected. Still did well considering.

boingboing1989

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #74 on: August 12, 2023, 07:37:45 PM »
Biggest thing for me was the ball went up there and it stuck there, if thats his game we might see a bit more out of Swift.