Author Topic: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City  (Read 631496 times)

up_the_baggies

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City
« Reply #875 on: January 17, 2013, 11:41:52 AM »
I'm a huge fan of Odemwingie, but the way he treats us in transfer windows is getting ridiculous.

Floydy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #876 on: January 17, 2013, 11:54:10 AM »
I'm a huge fan of Odemwingie, but the way he treats us in transfer windows is getting ridiculous.

He hasn't done anything. He hasn't said he wants to leave. Its all speculation throygh Skysports.
Twitter: @floydy1983

up_the_baggies

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #877 on: January 17, 2013, 12:16:03 PM »
He hasn't done anything. He hasn't said he wants to leave. Its all speculation throygh Skysports.

Steve Madeley has stated that he understands Odemwingie is interested in hearing what QPR have to offer.

ashdoy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #878 on: January 17, 2013, 12:29:52 PM »
Steve Madeley has stated that he understands Odemwingie is interested in hearing what QPR have to offer.

PO is my favorite player, and one i believe comes under far too much critiscm despite being one, if not THE most dangerous player we have.

However, every transfer window we have these rumours. PO either needs to get rid of his agent (im an agent too, i know how it works!) as he stirs up far too much for one player; OR he needs to be sold.

This is either PO 'casually' always looking for more money, or his agent looking for a big pay-off also as he see PO coming to the end of his career

charliewestbrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #879 on: January 17, 2013, 12:43:39 PM »

It will be his agent as much as anything.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #880 on: January 17, 2013, 01:09:22 PM »
Yes he is our best striker but the fact he even wants to talk to a club relegation bound makes my blood boil.Money grabbing git, hes a trouble maker. get rid.He is no good to us sulking like he has done for most of his time here anyway.Agent driven also who stands to pocket a cool 500k
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #881 on: January 17, 2013, 01:25:00 PM »
The fact that local journo is claiming he wants to talk to them is disappointing, he's on good money here at a club on the up whilst QPR are struggling, may just about escape but still more chance of them going down. It seems the only thing that could attract him to see what they have to say is £££. If thats the case then for me he can go if they offer US what we are happy to accept not what HE is happy with and also if we can get someone else in. If they don't offer us what we want then he stays under his current contract.

I hope its not another ploy to get a better deal out of us.

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #882 on: January 17, 2013, 01:27:54 PM »

Surely his representatives will have been told by QPR what they would be looking to offer, its not supposed to happen but we all know that it goes on. Story about him wanting to hear what they are offering makes no sense to me.

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #883 on: January 17, 2013, 01:34:01 PM »
I cant und£rstand why h£ would l£ave us, what can QPR possibly off£r him to mak£ him want to go th£r£??
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #884 on: January 17, 2013, 03:16:59 PM »
The fact that local journo is claiming he wants to talk to them is disappointing, he's on good money here at a club on the up whilst QPR are struggling, may just about escape but still more chance of them going down. It seems the only thing that could attract him to see what they have to say is £££. If thats the case then for me he can go if they offer US what we are happy to accept not what HE is happy with and also if we can get someone else in. If they don't offer us what we want then he stays under his current contract.

I hope its not another ploy to get a better deal out of us.
Agree with this.  He's a good quality player, and he's helped us move up a notch, but he's no Astle/Regis, and anyway he's 32, so if he wants to go for £££, let him.  Soak Harry for $5m+.

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #885 on: January 17, 2013, 03:51:10 PM »
Agree with this.  He's a good quality player, and he's helped us move up a notch, but he's no Astle/Regis, and anyway he's 32, so if he wants to go for £££, let him.  Soak Harry for $5m+.

I agree, if we get a good deal for him then I wouldn't mind letting him go. Can use the money we get from him and Wood transfer to get someone else in.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #886 on: January 17, 2013, 04:16:01 PM »

I'd prefer £5m not $5m !

Aixelsyd

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #887 on: January 17, 2013, 07:56:08 PM »
I cant und£rstand why h£ would l£ave us, what can QPR possibly off£r him to mak£ him want to go th£r£??

aGreed  ;D
On a roundel paly of thirteen argent and azure a missel thrush perched on a hawthorn branch leaved and fructed proper.

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #888 on: January 17, 2013, 08:08:56 PM »
There's been much media specualtion in the past week or so about Odemwingie heading for QPR, but if Odemwingie is not interested in leaving then why doesn't he come out and say so? I like an occasional flutter and I am seriously considering wagering a few pounds on Odemwingie being lured away during this window by the extra cash he can apparently make at Loftus Road.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #889 on: January 17, 2013, 09:29:55 PM »
Yes he is our best striker but the fact he even wants to talk to a club relegation bound makes my blood boil.Money grabbing git, hes a trouble maker. get rid.He is no good to us sulking like he has done for most of his time here anyway.Agent driven also who stands to pocket a cool 500k
Any proof of any of that apart from the balls spouted by Talksport /sky ?

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #890 on: January 17, 2013, 10:07:05 PM »
If he's sold,  the club would have to have an alternative goal-scoring forward lined up to come in. Such a player would probably be at least in the £7-8 million price bracket. I'm not sure that such an alternative is out there who could be brought in within the next fortnight. We can't just rely on Lukaku, Long and Rosenberg. What Odem offers is a different type of forward. There will games when we need someone running at defenders rather than just a target man.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #891 on: January 17, 2013, 10:36:49 PM »
Read earlier SC getting annoyed at being asked the same Odemwingie question again and again.

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #892 on: January 17, 2013, 11:05:05 PM »
Football is a business isn't it? In that light wouldn't it be remiss by Odemwingie/his agent not to follow 'due process' (as the club likes to call it) and see if there are better deals out there?

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #893 on: January 17, 2013, 11:10:15 PM »
In a way I am starting to dread the summer. Besides the twisted domestic market, already anyone half decent in France and Spain, and increasingly playes from Germany, seems about to be sucked into the PL by the 'new fresh money from the 'Sky'' pumped into the veins of clubs/agents/players.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 11:43:02 PM by GrGr »

BILSTONALBION

« Reply #894 on: January 18, 2013, 10:13:12 AM »
we were all here before him,we will all be here WHEN  he's gone.
just another case of greed in todays football.

charliemike

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #895 on: January 18, 2013, 10:17:05 AM »
I honestly think we should sell him .He will be 32 this year so his best days are behind him.But we need a replacement straight away.

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #896 on: January 18, 2013, 10:25:11 AM »
Some things are unbeliveable - Odemwingie tweeted he is now a dad, Mulumbu tweeted back congratulations and said dont sign anywhere til he gets back and put lol or joke or something like that, to me that seems a bit of a joke between friends.

Some idiot then tweeted Odemwingie that 'he should f**k off as he is a money grabbing c**t and his transfer request is to try and get more money'

Now Odemwingie has just become a dad, so a very happy time and as far as i know as of yet he hasnt put in transfer request, yet he is getting abused about rumours! Some of our supporters really are 100% b***ends. (fortunately most are good!)

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #897 on: January 18, 2013, 10:30:07 AM »
Some things are unbeliveable - Odemwingie tweeted he is now a dad, Mulumbu tweeted back congratulations and said dont sign anywhere til he gets back and put lol or joke or something like that, to me that seems a bit of a joke between friends.

Some idiot then tweeted Odemwingie that 'he should f**k off as he is a money grabbing c**t and his transfer request is to try and get more money'

Now Odemwingie has just become a dad, so a very happy time and as far as i know as of yet he hasnt put in transfer request, yet he is getting abused about rumours! Some of our supporters really are 100% b***ends. (fortunately most are good!)

Just stay away from twitter. I tried to look at albion stuff on twitter for a little while maybe a year or so ago, but I quickly gave up that idea as the above example was typical of the mind numbing stupidity going on.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #898 on: January 18, 2013, 10:32:27 AM »
I know Albion79....all we have is speculation at the minute which is always going to happen with a player like Odemwingie .We have to remember he is the biggest name on the World stage we have had in years if at all , at the minute all we have is rumours and sadly some people will believe any rubbish of Sky or Talksport not to mention the 100 transfer websites.According to Clarke on the O/S he spoke to Pete and all is fine so until i see a transfer request go nothing changes for me and that goes for all of our players.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #899 on: January 18, 2013, 10:34:31 AM »
Just stay away from twitter. I tried to look at albion stuff on twitter for a little while maybe a year or so ago, but I quickly gave up that idea as the above example was typical of the mind numbing stupidity going on.
Personally would like it if our players were banned from Twitter , just too much hassle at times.
Just my view.