Author Topic: Kenneth Zohore  (Read 194609 times)

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Kenneth Zohore
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2019, 12:08:30 PM »
Thought we weren't signing anybody permanently?!

Ummmmm, before people judge, Rodriguez and Rondon could be made to sound bad if people read this forum. He's been in a Warnock side.

I'll give the man a chance and bear in mind he won't be the only striker we sign.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2019, 12:11:04 PM »
What City fans are saying on Twitter:

The right time to get rid of zohore and not a bad price considering he’s done absolutely naff all for the last couple of years. Now hopefully we can spend the money wisely on a natural goal scorer

Selling Zohore for £8 Mill is brilliant news

About time we got rid of Zohore, constantly talking about what he "could" do but the fact is his record for a ST is so poor apart from the 12-13 goals he got a few seasons ago. Hes lazy and there's better options out there-8m is superb from City

I like Zohore and feel like much of the issue has been us not playing to his strengths. He can be unstoppable but hasn't been consistent enough. You'd imagine this sale enables a player coming in - fingers crossed it's someone like Britt Assombalonga...

He’s got the perfect skill set for playing as a modern lone striker so not quite sure how we haven’t adapted to his strengths? Unfortunately he’s just too inconsistent to build a team around and £8 million is a big gamble (although a strangely fair price in the modern market)

I think we just lump the ball up to him and hope he wins headers. When he was really good in the Champ, he was good when the balls were played down the channels to him. Agree he's too inconsistent.

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2019, 12:14:28 PM »
not one to really get me excited but he cant be as bad as HRK.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2019, 12:16:01 PM »
New song

When the ball hits the goal
It's not Shearer or Cole
It's Zohore
(pronouncing as Za hore ay)

Or;

When you're sat in row Z
and the ball hits your head
Thats Zohore......

I take no credit for that little ditty, they used to sing it about Zamora.
MAGA!

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2019, 12:24:21 PM »
This is where we are at with an owner unable or unwilling to invest his money in club, hope the kid does well but not a signing that has you jumping out of your seat.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2019, 12:27:58 PM »
What City fans are saying on Twitter:

The right time to get rid of zohore and not a bad price considering he’s done absolutely naff all for the last couple of years. Now hopefully we can spend the money wisely on a natural goal scorer

Selling Zohore for £8 Mill is brilliant news

About time we got rid of Zohore, constantly talking about what he "could" do but the fact is his record for a ST is so poor apart from the 12-13 goals he got a few seasons ago. Hes lazy and there's better options out there-8m is superb from City

I like Zohore and feel like much of the issue has been us not playing to his strengths. He can be unstoppable but hasn't been consistent enough. You'd imagine this sale enables a player coming in - fingers crossed it's someone like Britt Assombalonga...

He’s got the perfect skill set for playing as a modern lone striker so not quite sure how we haven’t adapted to his strengths? Unfortunately he’s just too inconsistent to build a team around and £8 million is a big gamble (although a strangely fair price in the modern market)

I think we just lump the ball up to him and hope he wins headers. When he was really good in the Champ, he was good when the balls were played down the channels to him. Agree he's too inconsistent.

Now this is someone I'd like to see us in for.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2019, 12:28:40 PM »
Hopefully the prospect of leaving Warnock and working with Bilic will re-ignite him.

As with Dan Ashworths tenancy we will have to take a few punts and some will work, some will not. We are not in the position where we can buy guaranteed success sadly.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2019, 12:32:17 PM »
8 million seems to be the new 3-4million from a few seasons ago doesn't it.

It's about the going rate for a striker of this level. The strikers who have the very good seasons tend to go for 12-15million so I think its a fair price based on his achievements in this league.

Play to his strengths and it does sound like we could potentially have a good striker on our hands.

I wont judge a strikers scoring record in a Warnock team, the same way I wouldn't judge a striker in a Pulis team.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2019, 12:38:30 PM »
not one to really get me excited but he cant be as bad as HRK.
hes around a 1 in 3 striker in this league and gets a fair few assists too. He’s a worse Rondon that can shoot rather than a better HRK.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2019, 12:40:16 PM »
8 million seems to be the new 3-4million from a few seasons ago doesn't it.

It's about the going rate for a striker of this level. The strikers who have the very good seasons tend to go for 12-15million so I think its a fair price based on his achievements in this league.

Play to his strengths and it does sound like we could potentially have a good striker on our hands.

I wont judge a strikers scoring record in a Warnock team, the same way I wouldn't judge a striker in a Pulis team.
Looks like he has an eye for goal if used in the right way. Definitely not a traditional target man though, doesn't score many with his head, which may be why Warnock hasn't got the best of him.
Looking at the youtube clip, I think he could suit a 4-3-3, plenty of power and pace and not scared to run at defenders. Interesting.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2019, 12:41:57 PM »
hes around a 1 in 3 striker in this league and gets a fair few assists too. He’s a worse Rondon that can shoot rather than a better HRK.
There's a gulf between those two though mate. You can be far, far worse than Rondon but still better than Kanu..

baggies_24

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2019, 12:42:02 PM »
Don’t know much about the bloke but from what ive read seems to be a big man with good feet which could bode well for linking up with Krovinovic. Scoring record could be better if we could get a 2nd striker alongside him who can bang them in it could be a shrewd signing.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 12:48:58 PM by kris_boing »

Bakeyaface

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2019, 12:50:49 PM »
Don’t know much about the bloke but from what ive read seems to be a big man with good feet which could bode well for linking up with Krovinovic. Scoring record could be better if we could get a 2nd striker alongside him who can bang them in it could be a shrewd signing.

That's my thoughts exactly. If he could be a hold up type player, someone who can pull defenders about, ruff them up a bit then he could be useful IF we have a nippy Gayle type Striker alongside him.

We lacked a bit of Physical presence last season up top which may have helped.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2019, 12:51:58 PM »
It's generally an uninspiring move, but when you see what other players are going for it's about par for the course.

I'll judge him when I see him, because I don't know enough about him otherwise.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2019, 12:59:01 PM »
Hard to judge without knowing the ins and outs of the deal (such as how the add ons are structured), but £8 million feels like a lot for a player with his record.

I feel there is much better value out there, but if we are only paying, say, £4 million up front for a player as a second striker, it might not be a terrible deal.

Can't say the signing gives me much faith though.
Boing Boing

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2019, 01:01:12 PM »
I'm assuming as he is States with Cardiff, that the personal terms are still to be agreed  :-\
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2019, 01:03:42 PM »
Hard to judge without knowing the ins and outs of the deal (such as how the add ons are structured), but £8 million feels like a lot for a player with his record.

I feel there is much better value out there, but if we are only paying, say, £4 million up front for a player as a second striker, it might not be a terrible deal.

If it's him PLUS a decent striker loan signing then we could do worse. You've got to say though, it puts to bed Maupay rumours srely as he'll be at least £15 million and £23 mill on strikers just isn't happening if we're being realistic.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2019, 01:11:58 PM »
Looks big and strong and quick.

Eye for goal too....not seen much of him tbh but from what i have seen he could turn out to be a decent signing

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

we8seals

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2019, 01:17:46 PM »

Come on then - what’s all this better value that’s out there??

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2019, 01:18:31 PM »
I wouldn't read too much into what other forums say about players.
Remember what a lot of people said about Rondon last season?
Sometimes the player needs the right manager to get the best out of them
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Andio

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2019, 01:22:57 PM »
Looks more composed in front of goal than HRK or Rondon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNcEkw-WB7g

He scored in front of the south bank and gave them the ears. He'll do for me  ;D

Kidding aside, there is some great finishes in there but as we all know youtube compilation videos are never the best example of a player.

Looks decent though.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2019, 01:25:03 PM »
So we’re signing an journeyman for £8m with a poor goal scoring record to replace more than 40 goals in our team. More evidence that a shitshow of a season is on the cards.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2019, 01:27:16 PM »
So we’re signing an journeyman for £8m with a poor goal scoring record to replace more than 40 goals in our team. More evidence that a shitshow of a season is on the cards.

You want us to sign a player that guarantees us 40 goals do you?

I'm afraid Messi and Ronaldo are out of our price range.

Jack Thrust

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2019, 01:27:58 PM »
Journeyman? At age 25 and having been at his previous club 3 years? Bit harsh perhaps?
Astle is the King

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2019, 01:30:29 PM »

You want us to sign a player that guarantees us 40 goals do you?

I'm afraid Messi and Ronaldo are out of our price range.

think you maybe have missed the point. i think most will agree we are not going to spend 40m on transfers this summer.

so 8m is a big percentage of our budget of what we will be spending and taking that into account that it is on a player who has scored 21 goals in 65 appearances is a huge gamble in replacing the goals we have lost from last season.

lets hope he bangs them in for us and Billic can get the best out of him.