Author Topic: Anything England Football  (Read 773853 times)

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

Re: Anything England Football
« Reply #2425 on: June 08, 2017, 06:43:33 PM »
Although 5 of the starting 11 from that final will almost certainly start on Sunday, as will Fry and possibly Armstrong from the bench so the retention rate is actually pretty good from that age group (taking into account Brown, Roberts and Gomez would be there but are missing for other reasons).

Out of interest why is Sam Field not involved in this? Wrong age group or not good enough?
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2426 on: June 08, 2017, 06:47:43 PM »

Out of interest why is Sam Field not involved in this? Wrong age group or not good enough?

Well he's in the under 19's but he's not in their squad for their  Euro's either, but I suspect the reason for that is Pulis has pulled him out to keep him out as it clashes with pre-season. He was actually one of England's best players in their recent qualifiers.

In more surprisingly positive England news, they've also reached the final of the Toulon tournament for the second year running, also adding on to making the finals of the 2017 under 17 euro's which they lost on penalties after a keeper mistake in that last minute. This is unprecedented youth success for England who've historically done poorly at these tournaments, fingers can only be pointed at the clubs if they fail to break through. It'll be a crying shame because England are the equal of anyone at youth levels these days, after years of being outclassed but getting by on physicality.

vrabbit

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2427 on: June 08, 2017, 07:21:59 PM »
the two best teams in the tournament meet in the final without question. Venezuela's defense has been outstanding all tournament (only two goals against, 1 by PK, 1 in the dying minutes of ET) but I dare say they haven't faced an offense like England's who will definitely test how good that defense is. Exciting midfield battle between Cook and Herrera/Lucena. Venezuela's attack relies heavily on their wingers (Peñaranda/Cordova) but I don't know much about England's defense and how they match. Can someone confirm for me whether Lookman plays on the left side? If so I'm eager to watch him go against Ronald Hernandez who has had a hell of a tournament at RB although he struggled at times against Uruguay.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2428 on: June 08, 2017, 07:32:52 PM »
First time England have made a World Cup final since 1966 apparently

albiontilidie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2429 on: June 08, 2017, 08:02:04 PM »
Well he's in the under 19's but he's not in their squad for their  Euro's either, but I suspect the reason for that is Pulis has pulled him out to keep him out as it clashes with pre-season. He was actually one of England's best players in their recent qualifiers.

In more surprisingly positive England news, they've also reached the final of the Toulon tournament for the second year running, also adding on to making the finals of the 2017 under 17 euro's which they lost on penalties after a keeper mistake in that last minute. This is unprecedented youth success for England who've historically done poorly at these tournaments, fingers can only be pointed at the clubs if they fail to break through. It'll be a crying shame because England are the equal of anyone at youth levels these days, after years of being outclassed but getting by on physicality.

U17s was  awful 4 added mins, Woeful keeper error in 6min of added time as well and manager took off all his pen takers, cost me a fortune

U19s squad is very weird dont understand it to much, We would of won it with our strongest team but missing some key men now

Good to see us in the toulon tourament final but the tourament is a joke this year compared to last year due to world cup and u19 touraments u21 tourament
Oh Nottm Oh Nottm is full of fun is full of fun

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2430 on: June 08, 2017, 09:43:56 PM »
the two best teams in the tournament meet in the final without question. Venezuela's defense has been outstanding all tournament (only two goals against, 1 by PK, 1 in the dying minutes of ET) but I dare say they haven't faced an offense like England's who will definitely test how good that defense is. Exciting midfield battle between Cook and Herrera/Lucena. Venezuela's attack relies heavily on their wingers (Peñaranda/Cordova) but I don't know much about England's defense and how they match. Can someone confirm for me whether Lookman plays on the left side? If so I'm eager to watch him go against Ronald Hernandez who has had a hell of a tournament at RB although he struggled at times against Uruguay.

Lookman plays on the left though he is right footed. He's England's maverick talent, if he's on it he's very difficult to stop.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2431 on: June 10, 2017, 03:39:05 PM »
Big game coming up...

Few Baggies from the board up there today I see, have a great day lads!!

C'mon England be nice to do the sweaties in there own backyard shut them right up.

Can see nothing but an England victory personally, going with 3-nil.

Just seen a post on Facebook from one of the posts on the game from a Scot saying we shouldn't be counting our chickens as the England players are dealing with transfers and renegotiating new contracts etc....Wouldnt Scottish players be doing the same thing too?? Idiot
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2432 on: June 10, 2017, 04:14:15 PM »
Jake Livermore starting tonight!. Good luck Jake :D

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2433 on: June 10, 2017, 05:04:50 PM »
Come on England .

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2434 on: June 10, 2017, 05:44:08 PM »
Jake Livermore starting tonight!. Good luck Jake :D
He is playing well some lovely passes and some good tackling.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2435 on: June 10, 2017, 05:54:05 PM »
He is playing well some lovely passes and some good tackling.

Unlucky with a shot.Lots of armchair fans on Facebook saying 'why is Livermore playing'. >:(

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2436 on: June 10, 2017, 06:24:41 PM »
Unlucky with a shot.Lots of armchair fans on Facebook saying 'why is Livermore playing'. >:(
Lol he is the best player on the pitch! And that's not being biased!

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2437 on: June 10, 2017, 06:25:19 PM »
Christ i can see us letting the jocks win this, it's as bad as letting Corbyn win the election  ;).

Barrington

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2438 on: June 10, 2017, 06:53:10 PM »
Same old England. Always a disappointment.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2439 on: June 10, 2017, 06:53:24 PM »
2-1! Could Hart done any better with the free kicks!

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2440 on: June 10, 2017, 06:55:29 PM »
2-1! Could Hart done any better with the free kicks!

Bad positioning for the first goal i think.

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2441 on: June 10, 2017, 06:59:41 PM »
Fair play Scotland gave it a good go but didn't win just like Corbyn  :D.

Jimmy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2442 on: June 10, 2017, 07:00:59 PM »
Fair play Scotland gave it a good go but didn't win just like Corbyn  :D.

Where you going to bury that horse?

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2443 on: June 10, 2017, 07:20:24 PM »
Teressa May out pulis out Southgate out
Farage in that was so like watching the rubbish we have seen the last two years at the  shrine
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 07:25:07 PM by WBAinDEVON »
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2444 on: June 10, 2017, 07:38:22 PM »
Those last few minutes is what footballs all about. Time for a new England number one, a good goalkeeper would have saved at least one of them free kicks.
the regime don't like it man

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2445 on: June 10, 2017, 07:46:04 PM »
Two pub teams out there tonight
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2446 on: June 10, 2017, 07:48:40 PM »
Those last few minutes is what footballs all about. Time for a new England number one, a good goalkeeper would have saved at least one of them free kicks.

Possible new employers of Hart looking on wouldnt have been too impressed!

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2447 on: June 10, 2017, 07:51:11 PM »
Possible new employers of Hart looking on wouldnt have been too impressed!

Didn't impress at Torino either apparently. Plenty of other good keepers available for England.
the regime don't like it man

The Tank

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2448 on: June 10, 2017, 08:44:59 PM »
Teressa May out pulis out Southgate out
Farage in that was so like watching the rubbish we have seen the last two years at the  shrine

Pulis deserves a capital "P"   Or does he ?

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2449 on: June 11, 2017, 10:19:55 AM »
1 nil England win with Fozzie in goal.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.