Author Topic: Chris Brunt  (Read 760793 times)

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

Re: Chris Brunt
« Reply #3200 on: November 29, 2018, 06:32:40 PM »
Brunt is ideal to bring on if you need a goal with fifteen minutes to go, send him out wide, let him whip in crosses. Wide left or wide right.

It remains to be seen if he can play in a three man midfield I wouldn't rule out the possibility but equally I'd be in no hurry to see it.
Or he can whip crosses in from LB if we are chasing a goal.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3201 on: November 29, 2018, 06:50:36 PM »
Brunts last season here for me whatever division. He's been a great signing for us and he's become a wealthy man from playing for us. Win-win alround.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3202 on: November 29, 2018, 08:50:09 PM »
For brunt you could put
Barkley
Or Gayle
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3203 on: November 29, 2018, 09:25:03 PM »
I believe we've won all but one game when Brunt hasn't started. No coincidence for me.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3204 on: November 29, 2018, 09:41:43 PM »
Or he can whip crosses in from LB if we are chasing a goal.
reserve LB for me now

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3205 on: November 30, 2018, 12:21:57 PM »
I don't think it is down to not having Chris Brunt in the team, per se, but I do feel it is strongly linked to not having Chris Brunt in the team as a central midfielder.

The injuries to him and Bartley before the Leeds game were a God send. Darren would have likely played both yet again, but with our winning run he cannot really change the team. Long may it continue.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3206 on: December 14, 2018, 12:09:45 PM »
Happy Birthday Chris!

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3207 on: December 22, 2018, 06:01:51 PM »
393rd appearance for the Albion today. Edging to the 400 club which he thoroughly deserves. Mozza up to 331. Hopefully he makes 350 before end of season.

Hope the joint testimonial plans are coming along
O Albion we love you

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3208 on: December 29, 2018, 04:33:49 PM »
I can't see the purpose of retaining Brunt when he clearly can't hack it?

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3209 on: December 29, 2018, 05:26:10 PM »
Not good enough for the position Moore wants him to play how he gets into starting 11 in Central midfield is baffling. Has got no legs and in his prime we never used him in that part of field.

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3210 on: December 29, 2018, 05:31:55 PM »
Much better than Morrison today. And got the equaliser (although I hear it's gone down as an own goal).

He/him

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3211 on: December 29, 2018, 05:36:23 PM »
Apart from the goal it wasn’t a great game for Chris. Needs to be getting the ball into a better area from corners, although we probably missed having Hegazi’s presence in the box too

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #3212 on: December 29, 2018, 05:59:48 PM »
Much better than Morrison today. And got the equaliser (although I hear it's gone down as an own goal).

To be fair nothing to shout about. Brunt was awful, too many overhit balls, not up to the game.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3213 on: December 29, 2018, 06:06:11 PM »
All of the midfield trio were awful in fairness. Brunt and Morrison are done as footballers, let’s be honest, legs have gone.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3214 on: December 29, 2018, 06:07:34 PM »
All of the midfield trio were awful in fairness. Brunt and Morrison are done as footballers, let’s be honest, legs have gone.

Agreed, I’d also add that Barnes had another poor game and Sako didn’t show much either.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3215 on: December 29, 2018, 06:09:52 PM »
Not sure they are done as footballers. Chris brunt defiantly isn't a cm even if in a 3 man unit. Worth his weight in gold as a utility left back or somebody you can throw on and sling crosses in.

Morrison had done well since his comeback. Both need to be fringe players and have for a long time but the club never evolved. If we got promoted I think at best they are squad players we can't have them as mainstays.
O Albion we love you

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3216 on: December 29, 2018, 06:17:03 PM »
Sick of him wasting corners and free kicks by pumping the ball too deep over the back post. Picked today out of loyalty and status not because he has earned it. Moore can’t get over his soft spot for him.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3217 on: December 29, 2018, 06:17:56 PM »
Not sure they are done as footballers. Chris brunt defiantly isn't a cm even if in a 3 man unit. Worth his weight in gold as a utility left back or somebody you can throw on and sling crosses in.

Morrison had done well since his comeback. Both need to be fringe players and have for a long time but the club never evolved. If we got promoted I think at best they are squad players we can't have them as mainstays.

Be good if he could get some decent crosses in

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3218 on: December 29, 2018, 06:32:32 PM »
somebody you can throw on and sling crosses in.
Do you mean like all the over hit free kicks and corners he delivered today?
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3219 on: December 29, 2018, 06:51:55 PM »
To be fair nothing to shout about. Brunt was awful, too many overhit balls, not up to the game.

Thought in the second half he was fine. My point was that people are going to have a go at Brunt for playing poorly but not Morrison despite the latter being totally anonymous. You'd rather have a player trying something and it not coming off than a player who isn't getting involved

He/him

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #3220 on: December 29, 2018, 07:25:08 PM »
Thought in the second half he was fine. My point was that people are going to have a go at Brunt for playing poorly but not Morrison despite the latter being totally anonymous. You'd rather have a player trying something and it not coming off than a player who isn't getting involved

Morrison was rightly taken off, Brunt was awful as well. I'd rather he get the basics of his set-pieces right to be honest as they are shocking and getting worse, his long balls are just that long hopeful balls.

I asked today when was the last time you walked out and said Brunt had a cracker today ? bloody years thats how long.

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3221 on: December 29, 2018, 07:58:19 PM »
Brunt is past his best and shows how the club has stood still that he's still here. Corners always go sailing past the far post. Not a captain nor a midfielder. Same with Morrison both should be shown the door.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3222 on: December 29, 2018, 07:59:49 PM »
Both very poor today, neither should be starting but, under no circumstances, against no opposition should they both start in the middle. Morrison lightweight and anonymous, Brunt just slows everything down and deprives us of impetuous and his wand of a left foot is a thing of the past unfortunately. Stick Bartley behind them and you have an unholy trinity!
Still scraped a point though and actually gained ground on the top 2 so onwards and upwards.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3223 on: December 29, 2018, 08:00:22 PM »

Brunt had his chance in the first dozen games and came up short including 1st day loss at home to Bolton and 3 losses within a 4 game spell.

By contrast Morrison came in after about 12 games which started with the 4-1 victory over Leeds and then beyond. 

Morrison missed Villa for injury then Barry took on the baton and was arguably even better in the role. 

There is clear evidence that Barry and Morrison are superior to Brunt in that position.

Moore has cost us 2pts with that set-up.  You never ever have Brunt, Morrison and Livermore in the same midfield, basics just basics.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3224 on: December 30, 2018, 08:47:44 AM »
Brunt had his chance in the first dozen games and came up short including 1st day loss at home to Bolton and 3 losses within a 4 game spell.

By contrast Morrison came in after about 12 games which started with the 4-1 victory over Leeds and then beyond. 

Morrison missed Villa for injury then Barry took on the baton and was arguably even better in the role. 

There is clear evidence that Barry and Morrison are superior to Brunt in that position.

Moore has cost us 2pts with that set-up.  You never ever have Brunt, Morrison and Livermore in the same midfield, basics just basics.
Brunt was always going to play against Sheffield Wednesday, Darren's sentimental side showing. He even took the captaincy off Livermore for the occasion.
Cue Brunt taking every free kick including waving Barnes away twice.
Should disappear into the background gracefully.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride