Author Topic: We are going down ?  (Read 78187 times)

Nocky

• WBA Coach

Re: We are going down.
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2014, 10:15:01 PM »
Still remain confident that we will survive. As gutted as I am and will be over the next few days. For me looking at the table rationally I believe our goal difference may prove our saviour. It's gut wrenching to take today - believe me as a person who likes to remain positive - I was gutted. Players looked crestfallen.

Getting Jones back is imperative - Reid lacks zero mobility and in my opinion was to blame for goals one and two. His pass to Amalfitano was absolutely poor.

Reid also headed straight to their right back for their 3rd goal instead of clearing into touch. He was dire today. Goes without saying that we desperately need Jones back.
"Champions aren't made in the gym. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a desire, a dream, a vision."

Muhammad Ali

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2014, 10:15:38 PM »
Will some of you stop clutching at straws. That was the worst team we have played at the hawthorns this season. Utterly urine poor no excuses. Not good enough end off. See you all on the beach at Bournemouth next season.JP hang your head in shame for not replacing the closest thing we had in a striker January just gone >:(
WOOF WOOF  I always come I always care but sometimes bite

valleybaggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2014, 10:23:19 PM »
i thought after throwing a two goal lead away against villa twice it couldn't get any worse i was wrong . never mind berahnio not taking it into the corner he had two men to pass to and only one defender if he can't find a good pass from there give up. this was me and my daughters first home game of the season and i don't know if the front cover of the match programme as been the same all year but an arrow pointing down fortune telling or what

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2014, 10:28:45 PM »
To say 'we are going down' is a bit defeatist. If we were 6 points adrift at the bottom, okay, but we are not even in the bottom 3. However, it is going down to the wire, probably to the last day.
Today, it was criminal not to beat the poorest team I have seen this season at the Hawthorns. The Cardiff defenders looked really unsure in possession, but they were never put under sustained pressure. As for Berahino at the last, maybe he should have  taken the ball to the corner flag. But as I recall it was 4 Albion forwards agianst one Cardiff defender. In a situation like that, it should have been easy to put one of our forwards through in front of goal. But he did the worst possible thing and passed it straight to the one Cardiff defender. Putting it down to inexperience, but that's being nice to Berahino.

Looking on the bright side, Olsson is available next week , and I'm hoping that Jones, Yacob and Brunt also.

Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2014, 10:39:13 PM »
didn't think we would win today,glad we are playing away against Norwich and sunderland,we will beat Norwich olssen and jones back

leggy

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2014, 10:49:33 PM »
Well if you look at the up coming fixtures we may get 2 points. Will have to hope those below us will do no better.  :D  :'(  :-[ Ah well not to wry hopefully the ticket prices will go down next season  ::) but maybe not  :-*.

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2014, 10:50:17 PM »
We were down to the bare bones of our squad today,  not meaning to be disrespectful but we had straight out the academy players on the bench. Fulham and Cardiff for me are down (they couldn't even beat West Brom) and Sunderland were bottom at Christmas ;)
A couple of key players back before the end of the season and we will have the number of points required to stay up.... even if that is 7 draws!
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2014, 10:53:44 PM »
I'm liking this mentality, and hope that you guys are right, but we need to really take it to Norwich next week as I'm fearing a similar scenario to Hull away where we came unstuck. A loss there and we will be bottom 3 for sure, then its spurs and city to follow. Crucial therefore we at least get a point against Norwich, 3 would be very handy indeed.

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2014, 10:54:46 PM »
We were down to the bare bones of our squad today,  not meaning to be disrespectful but we had straight out the academy players on the bench. Fulham and Cardiff for me are down (they couldn't even beat West Brom) and Sunderland were bottom at Christmas ;)
A couple of key players back before the end of the season and we will have the number of points required to stay up.... even if that is 7 draws!

and we know who to blame for that dont we
WOOF WOOF  I always come I always care but sometimes bite

bangkokbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2014, 12:28:06 AM »
Still remain confident that we will survive. As gutted as I am and will be over the next few days. For me looking at the table rationally I believe our goal difference may prove our saviour. It's gut wrenching to take today - believe me as a person who likes to remain positive - I was gutted. Players looked crestfallen.

Getting Jones back is imperative - Reid lacks zero mobility and in my opinion was to blame for goals one and two. His pass to Amalfitano was absolutely poor.

Still of the opinion that giving him another 1 year contract for whatever reason and with his injury record was a huge mistake by the club.

It seems that the players don't have the self-belief and desire to win games and finish teams off. Before I went to bed last night at 2-0 up, I just knew that they would throw the game away. I am starting to agree that Mel wasn't the right appointment in the predicament we are in and with the players at his disposal for the type of football he preaches.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 03:28:46 AM by bangkokbaggie »

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2014, 12:54:44 AM »

and we know who to blame for that dont we

Yes injuries and suspensions.
Gera, Gera, Gera

Nice1Cyrille

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2014, 02:49:19 AM »
OK, I've had time to calm down and well.... its par for the course. It's never dull being a Baggies fan. I could rant like most of you; and believe me I've had my share of that; but I'll take a deep breath and say" It's not over til the fat lady sings".
It looks a desperate situation right now, I'm not sure if we'll win again this season, but until we are bottom three with no chance of survival I will continue to believe we can survive.
That being said, God help us next season whichever division we're in!!!

bangkokbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2014, 03:52:00 AM »
Bit of stats for you.

Since the Premiership inception, the lowest number of losses of teams relegated has been 15 in the first season of 1992-93 and in 2010-11. We are presently on 12 losses with 7 games to go with of course so many draws putting us in the predicament that we are in presently.

tegga

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2014, 07:56:08 AM »
I said at the end of last season it will be a make or brake summer for the Albion, and i think some of the reasons we are going to get relegated go back to the transfer dealings. Even saying that, at the start of the season i did not think we would get relegated, but to not strengthen in the right areas was unforgivable to the people who made those decisions. At the time i thought a new left back, a new right back and cover at centre half, although Ridgewell had his best game yesterday, that back line is just not good enough.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #64 on: March 30, 2014, 08:58:11 AM »
I suppose four points from the last three games is ok. Next week is the one where we have to win and with Olsson back we will have a much better chance. With that starting 11 and some of the attacking players that Cardiff have I'm not surprised that they scored three times Yesterday.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

benalbion

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2014, 09:03:56 AM »
regardless what division we are in next season it is clear we need a major clear out.
we do not want to end up like the dingles before we realise this.
too much deadwood. players and staff that are part of the furniture at the club.
we need to seriously freshen things up. Am i the only one that can see this.

Brummie Road

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2014, 09:45:52 AM »
Despite the obvious huge disappointment yesterday, having now calmed down, I'm actually feeling more optimistic than I was a few weeks ago.

However badly things go we somehow seem to always be outside the bottom 3 with the 3 clubs below us showing little sign of being capable of putting any kind of run of decent results together.

If anything I feel we are likely to survive almost by default, due to the ineptitude of those below us.

Certainly though a victory at Norwich would be priceless, it would drag Norwich back into it with very little likelihood of the teams presently below us getting good results.

But, despite the team putting us through the grinder and sending stress levels through the roof, I do believe we'll just about limp over the line, though the likelihood is it'll still be in the balance going into the last two matches.

Sessegod

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #67 on: March 30, 2014, 09:56:54 AM »
3 points at Norwich and 3 against West Ham a draw with Sundaland would keep us safe in my opinion. Those 3 games we have to target 7 points that would put us on 36 which won't be far off being safe this season.

Even Cillit would have banged that one in..

easyrider

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #68 on: March 30, 2014, 10:31:31 AM »
i think we have been very unlucky this season one way or another.i thought our lads worked hard yesterday and was up for it for a change even ridgewell played with more conviction.i think it hit them very hard when we conceded at the end and didnt think they deserved the boos at final whistle.if we are going to survive this season we as fans have to give them full support no matter what happens.norwich is now the next huge game and im sure we as fans will give 100% and be very loud again.keep the faith and forget this we are going down defeatist pooh....we are albion

hunsletbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #69 on: March 30, 2014, 10:31:51 AM »
3 points at Norwich and 3 against West Ham a draw with Sundaland would keep us safe in my opinion. Those 3 games we have to target 7 points that would put us on 36 which won't be far off being safe this season.
Think we need to target the spurs game for points it will be less pressurised.

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #70 on: March 30, 2014, 10:34:00 AM »
i think we have been very unlucky this season one way or another.i thought our lads worked hard yesterday and was up for it for a change even ridgewell played with more conviction.i think it hit them very hard when we conceded at the end and didnt think they deserved the boos at final whistle.if we are going to survive this season we as fans have to give them full support no matter what happens.norwich is now the next huge game and im sure we as fans will give 100% and be very loud again.keep the faith and forget this we are going down defeatist pooh....we are albion

It doesn't matter if they work hard. If they've got the IQ of a baked potato (as demonstrated after our "winner"), then it's never going to end well. They deserved at least some stick for being utterly stupid.

easyrider

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #71 on: March 30, 2014, 10:51:18 AM »
we do have some thick players i agree but theres 7 matches to go and we need all of our players to work hard in every game to try and get something out of it.booing helps no one.if you worked hard all day at work and at the end of the shift your manager tells you you are pooh how hard would you work the next day???

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #72 on: March 30, 2014, 10:53:50 AM »
Norwich, West Ham and Sunderland are the three big games I hope it doesn't go to the last day of the season. Spurs are also beatable too. After the Man Utd game I said that would be it, but I feel more positive about us staying up we have recently played 2 of the bottom 3 and in all honestly they are poorer than us.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #73 on: March 30, 2014, 11:24:30 AM »
Yes injuries and suspensions.
Which happens every season of course, so it comes down to how good your backup players are, and we have either none or poor ones in too many positions. As the club makes it quite clear that transfer dealings are not the responsibility of the Head Coach, the fault for the holes in, and general poorness, of, our squad has to lie with members of the Board.

Statham4england

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #74 on: March 30, 2014, 11:28:57 AM »
Can't see us staying up due to lack of backbone, resilience when things go wrong and just being unprofessional. Mr Peace is reaping what he has been sowing and the gaffers at the very top of the club are hardly good role models for the players young or old.....just a shambles that I have noted national media are becoming more aware of....not just Lawrenson on match of the day but there was a very critical piece on 5 Live before kick off that was ripping the club to bits  and it's leadership and direction. Shameful and only heading in one direction! See you next week at Carrow Rd.