Author Topic: Anything Birmingham City  (Read 225491 times)

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

Re: Anything Birmingham City
« Reply #750 on: September 16, 2017, 07:33:12 PM »
They could do with TP in charge.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #751 on: September 16, 2017, 07:35:52 PM »
What a surprise. Not at a club where he can throw sackfuls of money about and he can't hack it.

Or do dodgy deals with even dodgier agents!

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #752 on: September 16, 2017, 07:36:33 PM »
Pay off. Nice little earner for not much work. Tell his dog to put the washing machine on.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #753 on: September 16, 2017, 07:50:50 PM »
They could do with TP in charge.
Wishful thinking

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #754 on: September 16, 2017, 08:26:38 PM »
Pay off. Nice little earner for not much work. Tell his dog to put the washing machine on.
You don't mean to launder money do you?  :o

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #755 on: September 17, 2017, 07:19:36 AM »
In fairness Harry Redknapp is a decent manager, overrated as *a naughty word* but a solid manager nonetheless for a team like Birmingham. He should have at least had a few months to get that team playing together, modern football is getting sillier and sillier with managerial terms now. First Palace, now the Blouse, i dare say there'll be more to come very soon.

No, he is not a good manager, he is a con man who makes people think he is a good manager by spending lots of money to get results, anyone can do that.
Baggie in Southampton

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #756 on: September 17, 2017, 02:39:13 PM »
No, he is not a good manager, he is a con man who makes people think he is a good manager by spending lots of money to get results, anyone can do that.
Correct
I'm wondering if this is the next job for mcinnes ?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #757 on: September 17, 2017, 02:42:13 PM »
Karanka, ex boro is early fav

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #758 on: June 14, 2018, 12:58:57 PM »
renaming their ground to the trillion trophey stadium, were next then
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #759 on: January 05, 2019, 12:16:06 AM »
Seems Blues are proper up the creek now... A points deduction seems highly likely at this stage at the very least, but the numbers are quite damning and indicate the club could be in the dangerous waters of administration if they don't sort their cashflow problems out  :o

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46765090

"A fuller extent of Birmingham City's financial worries has been revealed by publication of the Championship club's owners' most recent accounts.

Chinese-owned Blues lost £37.5m in the 12 months to the end of June 2018, over double the previous year's deficit, largely as a result of an increased wage bill from £22m to almost £38m.

It is the same time period already under English Football League scrutiny.

And Blues now know that their expected EFL hearing will be heard in February.

This has been speculated about both in the local and national media for some months - and that the end result would be a points penalty.

In the accounts report, City chief executive Xuan Dong Ren confirms that the club received EFL notification in August "in connection with breaches of the profitability and sustainability rules".

The club are currently eighth in the Championship under Garry Monk, 17 points clear of the relegation zone.

Blues revealed prior to the start of this season that they were under an EFL transfer embargo.

This was then lifted, as they worked closely under EFL guidance, following a model business plan which was further made clear to a Championship meeting in September when clubs were briefed on potential penalties - as high as 21 points - if they breach spending regulations.

Blues had by then been given permission to sign five more loan players in August - and are now understood to be allowed one more signing in January.

How bad is it?
Under the EFL's profitability and sustainability rules, Championship clubs are only allowed to lose £39m over three years.
According to the accounts, Birmingham City spent more than £15m on transfer fees in 2017-8.
With club revenue edging up to £18.8m, Blues paid out £202 in wages for every £100 brought in - double the league average.
With transfer fees factored in, that grows to £243 out for every £100 received.
As a result, Birmingham have net liabilities of £55million and owe parent company Birmingham Sports Holdings more than £73million.
That sum will grow over the next 18 months, as the directors' report reveals a further £39m will be needed to keep the club afloat.
Birmingham Sports Holdings are owned by Hong Kong-based, British Virgin Island-registered firm Trillion Trophy Asia, who took over in October 2016.
Blues were then sixth in the Championship, under then manager Gary Rowett, who was sacked two months later, with the club outside the play-off zone only on goal difference."

This is then further backed up by some quite substantial numbers in this series of tweets...

https://twitter.com/almajir/status/1081131310519930880

"Thread incoming...

The #bcfc accounts are out on the Companies House Website and they do not look pretty.

1/n
‏
 @almajir
More
First up, #bcfc had a loss before taxation of £37.5mil for the year ending June 30 2018, a massive increase from £16.395mil the season before.

2/n
‏

@almajir
More
This isn't helped by a huge increase in wage costs. In 2017/18, staff costs jumped from £22mil to just shy of £38mil.

With turnover only increasing maginally to £18.8mil ish, the ratio of wages to turnover for last season is as astronomical 202%

@almajir
More
The directors report confirms net liabilities of £55.2mil which indicate the existence of a material uncertainty which may cast significant doubt about the company's ability to continue as a going concern,

Also, there is confirmation of the business plan #bcfc are working to
‏
@almajir
More
Breakdown of #bcfc revenue confirms as always that broadcasting income is still king, with over £7.5mil coming from that sector. Matchday receipts on the other hand didn't quite make £5mil.

@almajir
More
Of those £37mil wage costs, just under £300k was paid to directors and just under £378k was paid out to senior management staff at #bcfc

@almajir
More
There is also confirmation that #bcfc owe around £73mil to the parent company Birmingham Sports Holdings.
‏

@almajir
More
Bottom line is that the club requires an additional £39.1mil from the holding company in funding for the next 18 months.

I'll be writing something on this later when I've properly digested the figures.

#bcfc"

For all the faults, moans and gripes we have with our own owner, this just reminds me once again that it could have been so much worse!
The Only Dependable Thing About The Future Is Uncertainty

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #760 on: January 05, 2019, 04:59:45 PM »
Out of the cup, lost 2-0 to West Ham.
The Only Dependable Thing About The Future Is Uncertainty

Black Country Pride

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #761 on: January 05, 2019, 05:39:11 PM »
Out of the cup, lost 2-0 to West Ham.

The dildo derby?

Black Country Pride

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #762 on: February 10, 2019, 02:36:13 PM »

Sad to see Fred Pickering has died. I remember him playing out of his skin in the 68 semi final at Vile Park and being desperately unlucky to be on the losing side. Excellent player.

RIP

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #763 on: February 10, 2019, 02:40:24 PM »
Sad to see Fred Pickering has died. I remember him playing out of his skin in the 68 semi final at Vile Park and being desperately unlucky to be on the losing side. Excellent player.

RIP

Fred Pickering R.I.P.

As I remember him, he was a  wholehearted and honest player, was a handful for defenders on his day. I agree with your assessment of him in 1968 semi final.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

don1thedon

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #764 on: February 10, 2019, 03:37:02 PM »
Saw him play a number of times, for a while he was their main man. RIP Fred

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #765 on: February 10, 2019, 03:50:21 PM »
RIP Fred,very good cf for blues,an honest powerful guy for blues,sad day.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #766 on: March 22, 2019, 03:27:48 PM »
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #767 on: March 22, 2019, 05:27:27 PM »
I have quickly read the judgement and apart from the usual wrecking job from Harry Redknapp the signing of Pederson while under embargo was not seen as an aggravating issue.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #768 on: March 22, 2019, 09:13:23 PM »
We can expect a very tough game next Friday - they'll be in hard done by mode - siege mentality and all that.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #769 on: March 22, 2019, 10:50:14 PM »
We can expect a very tough game next Friday - they'll be in hard done by mode - siege mentality and all that.
I was thinking exactly the same, and Monk will have them fired up.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #770 on: March 23, 2019, 01:09:05 AM »
If anything they'll be relieved it wasn't the full 12 points. We should be targeting a comfortable win.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #771 on: March 23, 2019, 10:29:49 AM »

RIP

I have only just seen this, i didn't know. You are right, that was the best display i have seen from a centre forward without him scoring. Osborne was brilliant that day.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #772 on: March 23, 2019, 07:32:12 PM »
If anything they'll be relieved it wasn't the full 12 points. We should be targeting a comfortable win.
not sure this is how footy works

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #773 on: March 29, 2019, 11:04:10 PM »
Sad pathetic blose fans copying the vile chant f the albion, well we did the ffing and now I hope you go down you shower of s hit.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #774 on: March 29, 2019, 11:10:42 PM »
Lost 5 on the bounce now. 8 if you extrapolate the points deduction. Monk is no great shakes and they've got a make or break final 3 matches.