Author Topic: And so it begins......  (Read 5102 times)

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

And so it begins......
« on: August 09, 2013, 03:29:04 PM »
So it seems the keyboard warriors are out in force today (sign it's the school holidays) and are planning 'protests' against our chairman.

What these 'protests' entail is anyones guess!

We've just finished 8th in a league in which as a kid I never thought we'd ever be in let alone compete yet it ain't good enough for some is it?

No wonder JP describes us as a mid table Championship clubs with 'fans' like these.

Charlton fans started similar things to 'push on' and look where they are now.

All I say to these people is be careful what you wish for!

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

Re: And so it begins......
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 03:30:35 PM »
So it seems the keyboard warriors are out in force today (sign it's the school holidays) and are planning 'protests' against our chairman.

We've just finished 8th in a league in which as a kid I never thought we'd ever be in let alone compete yet it ain't good enough for some is it?

No wonder JP describes us as a mid table Championship clubs with 'fans' like these.

Laugh out loud
WOOF WOOF  I always come I always care but sometimes bite

pattayabaggie

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 03:31:54 PM »

Who the hell is planning protests ? seen nothing like that online

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 03:33:19 PM »
Who the hell is planning protests ? seen nothing like that online

Dangermouse been reading to much molmix lol

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2013, 03:34:30 PM »

Dangermouse been reading to much molmix lol

Haven't read a thing on the mix, I do have a life ;) . I have seen genuine people on facebook and twitter trying to plan things.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2013, 03:36:22 PM »
The time for a protest was the season we went down with Robson. It was an absolute shambles by all connected with the club especially JP. So what do we get on the last home game against West Ham? Mexican waves! ;D

The last real protest I can remember was the one when Gould was manager. A sit in after the game which resulted in the club buying Bob Taylor the same week. Result!
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

pattayabaggie

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2013, 03:37:35 PM »
Haven't read a thing on the mix, I do have a life ;) . I have seen genuine people on facebook and twitter trying to plan things.
Blimey I don't agree with a lot that's going on this summer but its desperate times to start protesting ! , if we go down this season though i'm not sure how Peace can bounce back from it but that SHOULDN'T happen anyway

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2013, 03:39:59 PM »
Whether or not this 'protest' happens (and it won't) my point still stands in that we ARE punching above our weight (perhaps not as much as JP has stated) and a little bit of patience is needed.

I just think there are a lot of OTT post on here and on other places just because we haven't spent some money yet.

Just think we need to remember where we were 15-20 years ago.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2013, 03:40:30 PM »
Albion fans couldn't run a pee up in a brewery so nothing shall happen  ;D

Although I have seen similar comments on networking sites such as Facebook.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2013, 03:40:45 PM »
Bring back trev the shed lol

pattayabaggie

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2013, 03:43:07 PM »
Whether or not this 'protest' happens (and it won't) my point still stands in that we ARE punching above our weight (perhaps not as much as JP has stated) and a little bit of patience is needed.

I just think there are a lot of OTT post on here and on other places just because we haven't signed anyone.

Just think we need to remember where we were 15-20 years ago.
I've got my batman outfit ready i'm going to sit on the roof of the east stand with a banner I've got a Robin outfit as well if someone wants to join me

Brummie Road

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2013, 06:35:13 PM »
Considering the club have been on an upward trajectory (in terms of final league positions) for the past 4 seasons (and making progress on and off the pitch for much longer, despite a couple of temporary setbacks along the way) then I'm a bit bemused by talk of protests?

While I strongly believe that the club are in good hands, and that some of the more negative views seen over the last few weeks are overly pessimistic, I'd acknowledge that those with views of that nature clearly have the clubs interests at heart - so fair enough in that respect, even though I'd strongly disagree with many of them.

But anyone seriously contemplating organising or joining in a "protest" are making complete fools of themselves.

Bangkok Baggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2013, 07:01:05 PM »
I've got my batman outfit ready i'm going to sit on the roof of the east stand with a banner I've got a Robin outfit as well if someone wants to join me

This made me laugh, because I remember years ago, when the Smethwick was terraced and there used to be that kind of rounded roof over it. I really can't remember which game it was, (I'm tapping my brain as I write) but two away supporters got on the roof and were dancing around. A copper actually got up there and tried to chase them off! I was a kid at the time in the Brummie, looking on bemused, but the laughter around me was incredible. It was like Frank Skinner had done his best night ever. I think it was Middlesbrough, but I can't be sure.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2013, 07:21:59 PM »

what size ;D

wbasoprano

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2013, 07:57:57 PM »
The time for a protest was the season we went down with Robson. It was an absolute shambles by all connected with the club especially JP. So what do we get on the last home game against West Ham? Mexican waves! ;D

The last real protest I can remember was the one when Gould was manager. A sit in after the game which resulted in the club buying Bob Taylor the same week. Result!

I always remember that January transfer window. We sold Earnshaw and Horsfield (okay not world beaters but still) and were led to believe Ehiogu and Hasselbaink were coming in. Obviously for whatever reason they didn't arrive and we had an awful finish to the season...You're right, that was the time to protest.

There was a protest after the 5-1 home defeat to Crewe I remember.

Allllllll aboard

Dudleylad

• WBA Chairman

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2013, 10:16:50 AM »
After the last few years faith needs to be put behind the people running this football club.

Yes our transfer policy can be frustrating but how many times has it been proven correct.

We are in a position now where we have to wait for those bigger sides to make their move, the likes of Kalou and Sinclair will be holding out for bigger moves when its obvious that they wont get it they will sign its as simple as that.

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2013, 10:40:08 AM »

Who's planning protests ?  LOL

We may not all tow the party line of Peace but any idea of protest is laughable.......... we couldn't even both to protest properly at the end of the appalling 'Great Surrender' season (instead many happy clapped and Mexican waved as we went down) so not much chance of anything when we have so little grievance !
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

boing_boing68

• WBA Coach

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2013, 10:47:57 AM »
So we are protesting about being a top 10 side and signing World Cup winners?
Baggie Terra

BrummieBaggie68

• Youth Baggie

And so it begins......
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2013, 11:12:05 AM »
So we are protesting about being a top 10 side and signing World Cup winners?

I agree with your point, but just to note, because it keeps coming up, that, world class though he is, he's not actually a world cup winner.

boing_boing68

• WBA Coach

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2013, 03:58:28 PM »
Did he not play in 1998? That shocks me, thought he would have played for Arsenal then
Baggie Terra

wbasoprano

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2013, 04:43:52 PM »
Did he not play in 1998? That shocks me, thought he would have played for Arsenal then

He wasn't selected, he had played for them before world cup 98 though.
Allllllll aboard

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2013, 01:46:53 PM »
He wasn't selected, he had played for them before world cup 98 though.
But he did eat a French fancy 4 weeks after the tournament?
That would be enough of a tenuous link for the irish ? :D
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..