Author Topic: 2 Jan 2021 Albion 0 Arsenal 4  (Read 55720 times)

Atomic

• WBA Coach

Re: In Game Chat
« Reply #275 on: January 02, 2021, 08:50:32 PM »
SJ again earning his corn. The defence are attrocious.

They have nothing in front of them. Any team at this level that contains Phillips, Sawyers and Diangana is going to be in serious trouble.

Bilston Dan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #276 on: January 02, 2021, 08:51:40 PM »
Half time...completely outclassed.
"I don't get hangovers, I just feel sick and have a headache"

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #277 on: January 02, 2021, 08:51:56 PM »
If snow had come before the goals we would have 0-0d this into submission.
No sure what the tactics actually are today?

Ivanovic I would release in January he's well off it.
We need a left back desperately. O'Shea has been awesome at centre back but at leftback we can't get away with it at this level.

I was amazed Phillips and sawyers stayed in the side after last game. Not that field or Harper are any better but can they be any worse? Would they at least try harder? The team is devoid of a spine
O Albion we love you

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #278 on: January 02, 2021, 08:52:17 PM »
Saw more than enough at Preston and Sheffield United, but you do you mate...

Sure you did - how often did you see him play for Sheff Utd as a striker? 

And your logic falls down anyway.  You didn't see him play in our side as a striker then you wrote him off after one game.  If that's ok because you saw him play at Sheff Utd and Preston as a striker (sure), then can we write Big Sam off for his previous manager jobs and how fans want him out because the football is so poor?

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #279 on: January 02, 2021, 08:52:44 PM »
He's alright, I think he's good in that we can play him out wide if we need to - he's infinitely better than Burke so a good upgrade.  I think this season has been tough for any forward as we just don't have possession in dangerous areas to give them chances.

Anyway, I was talking about the last game of the season when Robinson scored, and then later on missed a 1v1.  Jacko wrote him off as never being remotely good enough to be a striker - despite only having seen him play that position for about 60 mins.  And now he's saying you shouldn't write a manager off after a few games.

I’ve seen him like Jacko for both Preston and Sheff Utd....he wasn’t a striker then either. So not sure why he would be for us.

He’s a good squad player, can play in a few positions....just what we needed when we had 2 players for each of the positions already.

I’m like Callum but he isn’t a striker and never has been
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #280 on: January 02, 2021, 08:52:53 PM »
Poor half from us were lucky to be only 2 down both there goals were from the top shelf but weave had 2 chances our self's
We need a early 2nd half goal to get us into this game

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #281 on: January 02, 2021, 08:52:58 PM »
Wafer thin in the middle , woeful .
Phillips looks like he's got tarmac on his boots

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #282 on: January 02, 2021, 08:53:59 PM »

And your logic falls down anyway.  You didn't see him play in our side as a striker then you wrote him off after one game.  If that's ok because you saw him play at Sheff Utd and Preston as a striker (sure), then can we write Big Sam off for his previous manager jobs and how fans want him out because the football is so poor?

That kind of yells it’s own story...how many times did you see him play as a striker for Sheff Utd...none because he wasn’t one.

He wasnt at Preston either.

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #283 on: January 02, 2021, 08:54:27 PM »
Half time...completely outclassed.

Unfortunately it has become the norm.

The only positive from this season is the parachute payments.

I see little reason in buying stop gap players in this transfer window, signings must be players who will compete in the championship.

Do some now understand why I didn’t want Allardyce?
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #284 on: January 02, 2021, 08:54:54 PM »
In my view, four games in and we should start seeing the impact of a new manager. I know the games have been thick and fast but I still expect to see a difference. And I do. Less organisation, less heart, more goals conceded, less possession.

He’s still not picking the players everyone was giving Bilic a hard time for (Grosckici), he’s still playing players out of form or out of their depth (Diangana, Ivanovic, Sawyers, Phillips), so nothing has changed for the better at all. We had a spell of playing ok and being victims of VAR under Bilic - now we are just hopeless.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #285 on: January 02, 2021, 08:54:57 PM »
I’ve seen him like Jacko for both Preston and Sheff Utd....he wasn’t a striker then either. So not sure why he would be for us.

He’s a good squad player, can play in a few positions....just what we needed when we had 2 players for each of the positions already.

I’m like Callum but he isn’t a striker and never has been

He didn't play as a striker for Preston of Sheff Utd.  We tried him there and he looked decent in that final game of the season - might not be amazing but was definitely better than Austin and HRK - which is what we'd been crying out for.  I'm simply saying that you can't one minute write a striker off because he misses a 1v1 (which is what Jacko did - go back and check, he doesn't mention Sheff Utd striker performances at all), then moan at other fans allegedly writing a manager off after a few games.  It's hypocritical.

Groovephil

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #286 on: January 02, 2021, 08:55:02 PM »
An expected score line for me.

Quality, confidence and intelligence all hugely lacking. No manager could keep this team up I’m afraid.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #287 on: January 02, 2021, 08:55:56 PM »
Allardyce`s tenure is beginning to remind me when clueless was in charge, absolutely dreading Blackpool game.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #288 on: January 02, 2021, 08:56:22 PM »
Every game with Allardyce in charge make's Bilic premiership record look half respectable.

This is a calamity. You have to be a special challenged person to think OAP Matt Phillips should be playing central midfield.

Notice Arsenal's opening goal was very similar to several of the Leeds goals. Defending so deep allowing free shots from 15 yards out and not closing down.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #289 on: January 02, 2021, 08:56:53 PM »

And your logic falls down anyway.  You didn't see him play in our side as a striker then you wrote him off after one game.  If that's ok because you saw him play at Sheff Utd and Preston as a strike (sure), then can we write Big Sam off for his previous manager jobs and how fans want him out because the football is so poor?

He played up front in all 9 of his Sheffield United starts mate...

Allardyce's previous managerial record is superb in this position 🙈
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #290 on: January 02, 2021, 08:56:59 PM »
That kind of yells it’s own story...how many times did you see him play as a striker for Sheff Utd...none because he wasn’t one.

I'm not saying he's amazing.  I'm saying that writing him off after 1 game, when he'd scored 1 and missed a sitter is just as bad as writing a manager off after 3.5 games.

It isn't a discussion about his past performances at clubs or whether he's the answer to our striking needs.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #291 on: January 02, 2021, 08:57:08 PM »
He didn't play as a striker for Preston of Sheff Utd.  We tried him there and he looked decent in that final game of the season - might not be amazing but was definitely better than Austin and HRK - which is what we'd been crying out for.  I'm simply saying that you can't one minute write a striker off because he misses a 1v1 (which is what Jacko did - go back and check, he doesn't mention Sheff Utd striker performances at all), then moan at other fans allegedly writing a manager off after a few games.  It's hypocritical.

Exactly, he didn’t play there!! Why was that??

How many games as a striker has he played for us? How well has he done? His better games are out wide, where we are well stocked.

I wouldn’t write him off unless the question was..should Callum Robinson play as a striker....then the answer is unequivocally NO

Smethwickender93

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #292 on: January 02, 2021, 08:57:11 PM »
We need to rebuild for next season now. Let's face it us and Shef United are down!

Board have got the appointment wrong and they know it

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #293 on: January 02, 2021, 08:57:39 PM »
Just watching the goals again and Sawyers is an uttter disgrace for their second, he does this every game.
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

baggies_24

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #294 on: January 02, 2021, 08:58:05 PM »
I just don’t see what the plan is, at least under Bilic we looked semi competent going forwards, we still look the same defensively and look absolutely hopeless going forward. We need 4 or 5 quality players in this team which we all know isn’t coming may as well not spend a penny in Jan & plan for next year.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #295 on: January 02, 2021, 08:58:28 PM »
We need to rebuild for next season now. Let's face it us and Shef United are down! Board have got the appointment wrong and they know it

Changing the manager hasn't even papered over the cracks, it's exposed the cracks!

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #296 on: January 02, 2021, 08:58:44 PM »
BBC wrong again. On their page, it says Full Time 0-2

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #297 on: January 02, 2021, 08:58:47 PM »
He played up front in all 9 of his Sheffield United starts mate...

Allardyce's previous managerial record is superb in this position 🙈

Have a word with tommcneill, he seems to think he never played as a striker.

As for Sam, "In this position".

How many times has he managed a team that's adrift at the bottom with a squad of our quality.  Answer none.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #298 on: January 02, 2021, 08:59:08 PM »

Whilst I agree that he ain't a striker he the most effective we have. Grant isn't a striker either. Hrk also not one. Austin the only recognised striker at club but his legs have gone. Recruiting has been awful up top for years
O Albion we love you

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #299 on: January 02, 2021, 08:59:53 PM »
 The owners have failed to back the managers since they took over.