Author Topic: 12 Dec 2020 Newcastle United 2 Albion 1  (Read 35493 times)

Mikkyk

• Reserve Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #375 on: December 12, 2020, 07:01:41 PM »
Do not see what Ivanovic brings other than errors and a lack of pace.

As others have said the substitution of taking Gallagher off was baffling. Phillips (who played well bar two ridiculous shots) was blowing out his backside.

Thought the ref was very biased to them with all the little fouls - partly imo because we don't complain enough.

That couple with our inability to be clinical at either end means almost lost the will completely with the season.

I absolutely don't think Bilic should go BUT he looked less bothered today

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #376 on: December 12, 2020, 08:02:17 PM »
I know why Grosicki doesn't get much game time.  He doesn't cover when we don't have the ball.  Murphy had an age to line up his cross.  If a player does not do what he's asked in training or the match, the manager shouldn't pick him.

I thought we played quite well at times but with Ivanovitch puffing around at the back we are always going to be cut apart by a fast moving attack.  Gayle scored and was clearly Ivanovitch's man to mark.  It was 50 mins before he made a forward pass and some of his square ones were weak and behind his man.   

I thought we played with some application and O'Shea and Krov had good games as well as Gallagher.  As usual subs strange. 
I didn't see any effective contribution from Austin; are we a nursing home for ageing footballers?

To those clamouring that Bilic should go, are you content that Dicks might be in charge while Lai finds the next mug?
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #377 on: December 12, 2020, 08:04:23 PM »
A lot of our fans didn’t want him back. Too old, injury prone, doesn’t score at this level. He’s head and shoulders above the donkeys we currently have.

A lot of our fans don't know what they are talking about... You would think they are paying for signings out of their own pocket the way some of them talk.

Not signing our best goalscorer when we had chance was ridiculous... Today he came back to haunt us. Instead, the money he would have cost we have wasted on a complete bag of ****

Our defence is embaressing, can't see what the hype around Oshea is and ivanovic shouldn't be playing in the prem (once again west brom taking on has-beens in the hope they turn out well)

Sort out that defence and we would have a good chance of not conceding the most goals in the league by the end of the season.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2020, 11:36:38 PM by LiamTheBaggie »

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #378 on: December 12, 2020, 08:15:53 PM »
A lot of our fans didn’t want him back. Too old, injury prone, doesn’t score at this level. He’s head and shoulders above the donkeys we currently have.
A lot of those fans were calling for Grant to be brought in. Quite a few on this forum.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #379 on: December 12, 2020, 08:56:46 PM »
A lot of those fans were calling for Grant to be brought in. Quite a few on this forum.

The fact we seemed to be the only club in for him should have sounded alarm bells.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

Norfolk Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #380 on: December 12, 2020, 10:54:54 PM »
So first half we were pretty woeful. Second half we did improve. Gallagher and Krov in particular had good games. Overall I thought a draw would have been fair.  However football can be cruel, and Newcastle got lucky with a cross from Murphy who would usually be useless. I think we have an underperforming team which is down largely to the players, not the management. Grady’s form has disappeared. Grant never looked able enough at this level. Our defence looks shot.  To compete we needed 3 to 4 more players with premiership standard skill. The Board did not provide those and that is the root cause of why we are mostly narrowly loosing. It would be a knee jerk reaction to change the Manager in my opinion.  No new Manager is going to turn this team into world beaters. Trust me.  When you sub Grant for Austin, who I had forgotten was still here, you know things are bad.

Mikkyk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #381 on: December 12, 2020, 11:25:03 PM »
I know why Grosicki doesn't get much game time.  He doesn't cover when we don't youhave the ball.  Murphy had an age to line up his cross.  If a player does not do what he's asked in training or the match, the manager shouldn't pick him.

I thought we played quite well at times but with Ivanovitch puffing around at the back we are always going to be cut apart by a fast moving attack.  Gayle scored and was clearly Ivanovitch's man to mark.  It was 50 mins before he made a forward pass and some of his square ones were weak and behind his man.   

I thought we played with some application and O'Shea and Krov had good games as well as Gallagher.  As usual subs strange. 
I didn't see any effective contribution from Austin; are we a nursing home for ageing footballers?

To those clamouring that Bilic should go, are you content that Dicks might be in charge while Lai finds the next mug?

Said this as soon as it happened, was a woeful attempt at blocking the cross, when they hadn't put a ball in all day from that side (they did have one the other side where Lewis completely cocked it up).

With regard to the Murphy sub you have to give some credit to Bruce I think for having 4 attackers on at full time.