Author Topic: Mikey Johnston joins on loan (Official!)  (Read 22292 times)

KN22

• Senior Baggie

Re: Mikey Johnston signs (Official!)
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2024, 06:50:25 PM »
I think Chalobah is starting to look very good - he did play for England once and anyone on Chelsea's books has to have some skill!

Totally agree. He has done reasonably well in recent games, including the cup game last week.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2024, 09:09:20 PM »
I think Chalobah is starting to look very good - he did play for England once and anyone on Chelsea's books has to have some skill!

Fair play mate it's all about opinions, I will respectfully disagree on this one

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Mikey Johnston joins on loan (Official!)
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2024, 09:38:33 PM »
Welcome and the best of luck MJ.

Touch wood you're last import from Celtic.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2024, 09:07:26 AM »
Don't you think that fans can make deliberately misleading comments?  They big up players whom they want to see leave and perhaps get a good loan or transfer fee:  "I really hope no-one comes in for Zohore." 
They denigrate players that they don't want to lose.
Can you imagine the fans of Newells Old Boys: "That Messi, he's bloody rubbish.  Barcelona would be mad to take him."

The majority of fans deal with extremes.  Ours are the same.  Wallace occasionally gets grief from some fans and I wonder whether we were even watching the same game.   Furlong has been excellent this season, but as soon as we lose a game he’s apparently one of our weakest links and we desperately need to replace him!

Like everything these days football views are polarised.  There’s no happy medium.

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2024, 09:11:38 AM »
That's either a n absolutely correct insight or total rubbish sir! ::)
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2024, 10:02:23 AM »
The majority of fans deal with extremes.  Ours are the same.  Wallace occasionally gets grief from some fans and I wonder whether we were even watching the same game.   Furlong has been excellent this season, but as soon as we lose a game he’s apparently one of our weakest links and we desperately need to replace him!

Like everything these days football views are polarised.  There’s no happy medium.

Great post.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2024, 12:56:41 PM »
Welcome Mikey, I hope you grab your chance with both hands when it comes
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2024, 12:10:46 PM »
Thought the lad looked promising with display yesterday, got stuck in with his defensive duties and threatened in attack.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2024, 01:21:46 PM »
Thought the lad looked promising with display yesterday, got stuck in with his defensive duties and threatened in attack.

Indeed  he did, and he’s clearly got pace which we lack generally speaking.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2024, 03:59:00 AM »
Someone said on here that their Celtic mate said he does the hard work only to mess it up with the final pass and after that game I can definitely see that.

Hopefully, cc can improve his decision making and final pass as he is skillful and you don't play for Celtic for so long if you are terrible.

richjonawba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2024, 06:34:51 AM »
I thought he played well, i would say him and Kipre our best players on the night. Every time he received the ball he turned and ran at them at speed, appears to keep the ball well. Fair enough his end product could’ve been better a few times but which of our wingers could you not say that about? When him and Wallace went off we had nothing at all going forward.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2024, 08:14:02 AM »
Think the Celtics fans were harsh overall but still truth to what they say. He can take people on for fun and does but usually not make the right call.

Don't think he's as bad as they made out though

Jeb-Dog

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2024, 08:38:30 AM »
Thought he looked really good last night, arguably our best player. Always proactive and aside from one or two wrong choices looked most likely to make something happen.

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2024, 09:16:00 AM »

Someone said on here that their Celtic mate said he does the hard work only to mess it up with the final pass and after that game I can definitely see that.

Hopefully, cc can improve his decision making and final pass as he is skilful and you don't play for Celtic for so long if you are terrible.

Totally agree.  CC has improved some of our squad (and tht's saying something) so there's every chance
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2024, 10:57:57 AM »
Needs to get his head up and pass to someone in better position and stop dribbling into cul de sac. There is no I in team.

DevonInStripes

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2024, 12:04:50 PM »
For me looks a good acquisition as has been Wieman . Which can’t be said so far about Marshall .

CL3MO

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2024, 03:02:18 PM »
Looked very impressive, beating his man numerous times. His lack of end product - a pass, cross, shot - concerned me but we definitely have something to work with here.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2024, 03:42:59 PM »
Looked very impressive, beating his man numerous times. His lack of end product - a pass, cross, shot - concerned me but we definitely have something to work with here.
Agree with that and it mirrors a lot of what Celtic fans said , certainly something to work with.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2024, 10:20:47 PM »

I like what I’ve seen of him so far

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2024, 10:12:13 AM »

Agree with that.
Last couple of games his had defenders backing off him in and around the box yet failed to get a final pass or shot off.
Promising addition overall though and gets us up the pitch well.
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

Jeremy Roland Peace

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2024, 11:40:28 AM »
great running with the ball and direct, got to the edge of the box and then didn't know what to do.

however that was against what i think we can agree is a premier league defence for a premier league level squad.

will be interesting to see what his decision making is like against some of the lesser teams in the league as feel he could be a real threat.

would add that he showed up more in this game against Southampton than he did against Cardiff.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2024, 07:00:41 PM »
He's definitely got the skill, but his runs take him into the wrong area too many times. His passing is good, when he actually plays it at the right time.

There's a player there, but he needs a lot of work.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2024, 09:09:56 AM »
I like what I’ve seen of him so far

Ironically enough Celtic supporters said exactly the same about Ollie Burke when he bagged two against St Mirren on his SPL debut (despite having already seen him play for Scotland). It didn't take long for the tactically naive excited puppy chasing an over inflated beach ball comments to surface. Here's hoping Mikey makes more of an impact for THE Albion than Ollie and that other bloke who joined Ipswich for more game time.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

boingboing1989

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2024, 10:00:01 PM »
Proving Celtic fans know eff all about football  ;D

Think his style suits the championship and even more so these away games where you need a bit of pace and directness to get you up the pitch and drag defenders towards you.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2024, 10:17:02 PM »
It's early days but i am impressed. Definitely some merit to some poor choices sometimes but he's a fantastic dribbler