Author Topic: Alan Irvine  (Read 1759097 times)

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Alan Irvine sacked by Albion
« Reply #7125 on: August 25, 2015, 03:43:14 PM »
I'll be glad when this thread is moved to the "General Football & Sports" forum, like those relating to our other ex-managers! We must have gone over Irvine's managerial record before he came to Albion dozens of times now.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #7126 on: August 25, 2015, 03:45:41 PM »
I'll be glad when this thread is moved to the "General Football & Sports" forum, like those relating to our other ex-managers! We must have gone over Irvine's managerial record before he came to Albion dozens of times now.

Given he has not got another job and is still under contract with us plus he still likes to talk about his time here then its still relevant to the main forum. When he moves on elsewhere then the thread will also be moved.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #7127 on: August 25, 2015, 03:57:15 PM »
blame me for coughing him up again :)
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7128 on: October 04, 2015, 01:32:29 AM »
He is now officially free to find a new job apparently.

Held talks with Dundee United but didn't want to move up to Scotland.

Job at Rotherham could be on the cards perhaps?

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7129 on: October 04, 2015, 03:18:42 AM »
Just did some quick digging as cant sleep, in the first 8 games of the last two seasons, Irvine got 1 Point MORE than Pulis has, we scored more and (surprisingly) had conceded the same number of goals, both have played Everton (and lost) & Southampton (drew 0-0) but Irvine had beaten Spurs & a Burnley team with a massive clean sheet record going in, drew with Man Utd and lost to Swansea (last season's Palace) game 9 was a draw to Palace and he drew with Sunderland.

Seems Irvine wasn't that bad afterall...

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7130 on: October 04, 2015, 08:50:54 AM »
Just did some quick digging as cant sleep, in the first 8 games of the last two seasons, Irvine got 1 Point MORE than Pulis has, we scored more and (surprisingly) had conceded the same number of goals, both have played Everton (and lost) & Southampton (drew 0-0) but Irvine had beaten Spurs & a Burnley team with a massive clean sheet record going in, drew with Man Utd and lost to Swansea (last season's Palace) game 9 was a draw to Palace and he drew with Sunderland.

;) Irvine out.
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7131 on: October 04, 2015, 09:12:01 AM »

Go get him Albion.

RogerBadoo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7132 on: October 04, 2015, 09:22:53 AM »
Bring him back!!! He didn't have a pre-season to hand pick players either.

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7133 on: October 04, 2015, 09:49:33 AM »
Bring him back!!! He didn't have a pre-season to hand pick players either.

Irvine has said previously that he had a list of players he wanted but was told no.
the regime don't like it man

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7134 on: October 04, 2015, 09:54:30 AM »
I can't believe what I am reading here!! Jeez.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7135 on: October 04, 2015, 10:16:54 AM »
I can't believe what I am reading here!! Jeez.

Me neither.  Decent man, but way out of his depth as a PL head coach/manager.

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7136 on: October 04, 2015, 10:41:29 AM »
Are you lot serious?

The bloke was so far out of his depth he was drowning. We would be playing the Dingles in the Championship this season if we had kept him on.

Dudleylad

• WBA Chairman

« Reply #7137 on: October 04, 2015, 10:54:16 AM »
A season isnt over 8 games or so Irvine managed us over 22 games and only won 22.73%. Pulis has a 37.50% win ratio over just 10 more games.

Irvine lost 50% of his games in charge whilst Pulis has only lost 37%

I dont see how anyone can argue Irvine would be the better option.

johnnyg

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #7138 on: October 04, 2015, 10:07:36 PM »
i dont give a pooh about statistics at this stage.
I cant stand whats happening to us.
I'd have Irvine back in a heartbeat over our current dragon. At least we'd get a level of entertainment.
We might get relegated, but i actually think we are going to get relegated with TP anyway.
All this bull about him never being relegated.
ITS ON THE WAY GUYS.........

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7139 on: October 04, 2015, 10:10:04 PM »
I bet AI is having a good chuckle right now.
the regime don't like it man

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7140 on: October 04, 2015, 10:55:37 PM »

Why?
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

ComebackStrodds

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7141 on: October 04, 2015, 11:15:15 PM »
i dont give a pooh about statistics at this stage.
I cant stand whats happening to us.
I'd have Irvine back in a heartbeat over our current dragon. At least we'd get a level of entertainment.
We might get relegated, but i actually think we are going to get relegated with TP anyway.
All this bull about him never being relegated.
ITS ON THE WAY GUYS.........

Calm down lad. Irvine was drowning. Come back Megson all is forgiven.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #7142 on: October 05, 2015, 12:24:28 AM »
Why?

He got a great wedge from being a failure, i'd be wetting myself let alone laughing

Nice1Cyrille

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7143 on: October 05, 2015, 12:57:33 AM »
Why?
Because we rarely try and attack and spend most games defending like its the only thing we know.  The fan support for TP is falling apart faster than AI and thats saying something.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7144 on: October 05, 2015, 03:27:07 AM »
Because we rarely try and attack and spend most games defending like its the only thing we know.  The fan support for TP is falling apart faster than AI and thats saying something.

What you're doing is projecting (your support for Pulis is falling apart faster than AI).

Irvine wasn't wanted by a good majority before he'd even settled into his office.

As Oldbury says he's been paid the best part of 11 months money for doing nothing having failed. Suppose it is worth a giggle.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7145 on: October 05, 2015, 07:10:51 AM »
What you're doing is projecting (your support for Pulis is falling apart faster than AI).

Irvine wasn't wanted by a good majority before he'd even settled into his office.

As Oldbury says he's been paid the best part of 11 months money for doing nothing having failed. Suppose it is worth a giggle.

Projecting is fine when it suits.  :-X

This stage last season we were in a better position under Irvine with less time and less money spent....and he was incompetent ::)

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #7146 on: October 05, 2015, 07:24:04 AM »
Projecting is fine when it suits.  :-X

This stage last season we were in a better position under Irvine with less time and less money spent....and he was incompetent ::)
Yes he was and he hadn't played Chelsea , Saints , Everton and Man City at home in his first 4 games. Irvine had no idea how to deal with a bad run ,Pulis is in one now but i'd wager he will pull through it especially when the injuries clear up and new players settle.
For anybody looking through rose tinted glasses on Irvine remember Everton h Newcastle h , Swansea a  ,  Hull away just off the top of my head and all shocking.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7147 on: October 05, 2015, 07:32:44 AM »
Yes he was and he hadn't played Chelsea , Saints , Everton and Man City at home in his first 4 games. Irvine had no idea how to deal with a bad run ,Pulis is in one now but i'd wager he will pull through it especially when the injuries clear up and new players settle.
For anybody looking through rose tinted glasses on Irvine remember Everton h Newcastle h , Swansea a  ,  Hull away just off the top of my head and all shocking.
It's 8 games. We'd played Spurs, Liverpool and Man United and every game against 11 men. The "entertainment" was much better too.

It isn't about rose tinted glasses and wanting Irvine back, if he wasn't good enough what makes Tony Pulis better?

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #7148 on: October 05, 2015, 07:54:14 AM »
It's 8 games. We'd played Spurs, Liverpool and Man United and every game against 11 men. The "entertainment" was much better too.

It isn't about rose tinted glasses and wanting Irvine back, if he wasn't good enough what makes Tony Pulis better?
Pulis for as much as he is struggling right now is trying to build something with better quality players , that much i can see . Irvine was never good enough and had no second tier sucess let alone Premiership credit , Pulis and how he does it doesn't suit everybody but he is a proven top flight manager.
Entertainment ? , that soon slipped under AI ....i was bored rigid at Hull and the same at Leicester even with a win there .Only two games ago at Villa and Everton we played well , Pulis will turn this around imo....something Irvine couldn't when he hit his bad run.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7149 on: October 05, 2015, 08:04:56 AM »
Pulis for as much as he is struggling right now is trying to build something with better quality players , that much i can see . Irvine was never good enough and had no second tier sucess let alone Premiership credit , Pulis and how he does it doesn't suit everybody but he is a proven top flight manager.
Entertainment ? , that soon slipped under AI ....i was bored rigid at Hull and the same at Leicester even with a win there .Only two games ago at Villa and Everton we played well , Pulis will turn this around imo....something Irvine couldn't when he hit his bad run.
Playing awful every other week means that average performances look good.  ;)

I'm not sure what he is trying to build but the blueprint looks pretty horrible.