Author Topic: Alan Irvine  (Read 1766603 times)

maccbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Alan Irvine sacked by Albion
« Reply #6925 on: December 31, 2014, 06:24:14 PM »
I was also at the game.  Loud renditions of you're getting sacked in the morning after both goals. This after giving a great reception when they came out 2nd half. Then you don't know what you're doing when Sessegnon was substituted and loud booing as Irvine walked to the tunnel. Clear dissension but NOT abuse. That was reserved for Downing.
Yep, all correct.

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6926 on: December 31, 2014, 06:25:49 PM »
So no shocking personal abuse then ?

As I said depends on how easily offended you are, some very angry individuals giving it loads at the end, as helpfully highlighted by the BBC!
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #6927 on: December 31, 2014, 06:27:27 PM »
Was there a reason given for Kelly and not Downing giving the press conference ?

Kelly is deemed 'in charge'. Though as Steve Madeley said it would have been poisonous of the club to put Downing in front of the press.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #6928 on: December 31, 2014, 06:34:18 PM »
As I said depends on how easily offended you are, some very angry individuals giving it loads at the end, as helpfully highlighted by the BBC!

I'm not offended by anything to be honest (does help when you're moderating on here  :D )

Still no shocking abuse aimed at Irvine though mate.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6929 on: December 31, 2014, 06:55:10 PM »
I'm not offended by anything to be honest (does help when you're moderating on here  :D )

Still no shocking abuse aimed at Irvine though mate.

To be honest, I'm not sure where the 'shocking abuse' comment originated, I reckon if it was that reporter who came out with it (who wasn't even at the game) he probably picked up on what's already been said on here & also saw those angry chappies at the end of the game vociferously aiming their displeasure in the direction of the coaching staff.   

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #6930 on: December 31, 2014, 07:31:50 PM »
To be honest, I'm not sure where the 'shocking abuse' comment originated, I reckon if it was that reporter who came out with it (who wasn't even at the game) he probably picked up on what's already been said on here & also saw those angry chappies at the end of the game vociferously aiming their displeasure in the direction of the coaching staff.

You mean a national tabloid made something out of nothing, never   :D

robnewbold

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6931 on: December 31, 2014, 08:34:06 PM »
To be honest compared to Newcastle, Arsenal and West Ham ( last season) we are mild mannered and well behaved in the face of far worse results and performances.

robnewbold

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6932 on: January 01, 2015, 03:09:48 PM »
I also need to add that I feel for Alan Irvine, who seemed to be real nice guy who was just out of his depth.

But in fairness he was never going to change anything with the structure and the coaching staff that were in place. I believe he did the best he could under the circumstances, but it just was not good enough. Life is not fair, and this league certainly isn't.

Some of the dross that still remains should take a cold hard look at themselves and do the honourable thing......before Tony does it for them.

Good luck Alan Irvine for the future.

botters

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6933 on: January 01, 2015, 05:27:40 PM »
Martinez under pressure at Everton, job for Irvine?

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6934 on: January 01, 2015, 05:30:03 PM »
Wonder if Irvine has been stood in his back garden all afternoon staring at his watch?
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6935 on: January 01, 2015, 05:34:45 PM »
Wonder if Irvine has been stood in his back garden all afternoon staring at his watch?

Do you think you'll be able to get over this 'Irvine complex' anytime soon  :P

Sessegod

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6936 on: January 01, 2015, 05:37:02 PM »
the thread should be closed and all reference to Alan Irvine deleted so we can forget the nightmare ever happened
Even Cillit would have banged that one in..

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #6937 on: January 01, 2015, 05:55:09 PM »
the thread should be closed and all reference to Alan Irvine deleted so we can forget the nightmare ever happened
Well hopefully your crazy comment won't be the last word on it.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #6938 on: January 01, 2015, 06:10:19 PM »
I agree close the thread, irvines gone he tried and that's that, time to move on and hope pulis does better. no point in kicking a man when he's down.

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6939 on: January 01, 2015, 06:42:59 PM »
Unfortunately his legacy lived on with today's team selection

However Pullis and his instructions and substitutions (particularly Jacob) saved a point for us that was the least we deserved ;)

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6940 on: January 01, 2015, 07:38:36 PM »
Unfortunately his legacy lived on with today's team selection

However Pullis and his instructions and substitutions (particularly Jacob) saved a point for us that was the least we deserved ;)
When the 2nd Sub was made as I was working so not see all the game.The camera panned to Pulis and he said something another guy (his assistant) got up and the sub was made. So I think he was getting his feet in.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6941 on: January 01, 2015, 09:33:55 PM »
For the people banging on about the players loving irvine, 2 have already came out and supported pulis. Foster and brunt, shows to me they may just be told to be positive about the manager. Think foster put a dig into rob Kelly, irvine and downing today by saying that we weren't really looking to score and that's what pulis wants us to do by being more positive. Kind of shows me that we weren't very adventurous and the players know that.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6942 on: January 01, 2015, 09:54:12 PM »
For the people banging on about the players loving irvine, 2 have already came out and supported pulis. Foster and brunt, shows to me they may just be told to be positive about the manager. Think foster put a dig into rob Kelly, irvine and downing today by saying that we weren't really looking to score and that's what pulis wants us to do by being more positive. Kind of shows me that we weren't very adventurous and the players know that.

I have some sympathy for Irvine now he has gone, but, I have hated this season with the Albion, I was close to finishing my interest because it was too depressing, too boring and that coupled with the irritation of the greed league, left me turning to ambivalence to protect my well being.

I am rarely impressed with player comments, they are usually insincere because on the whole they are purely self serving individuals, their primary concern is maintaining a Premiership salary, so I did not buy any of their Irvine comments, the King is dead, long live the King.

I give JP some credit for recognising his mistake and taking the best corrective action available, hopefully the experiment with novice coaches is over, Irvine should never have been appointed, but at least he realised that and I suspect that we have been courting Pulis for a few weeks, behind the scenes. Irvine knew his time was up and his distress at Stoke showed he does not have a thick enough skin for management.

Irvine will return to coaching kids, he should remain in his comfort zone.
Baggie in Southampton

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6943 on: January 01, 2015, 10:01:48 PM »
I have some sympathy for Irvine now he has gone, but, I have hated this season with the Albion, I was close to finishing my interest because it was too depressing, too boring and that coupled with the irritation of the greed league, left me turning to ambivalence to protect my well being.

I am rarely impressed with player comments, they are usually insincere because on the whole they are purely self serving individuals, their primary concern is maintaining a Premiership salary, so I did not buy any of their Irvine comments, the King is dead, long live the King.

I give JP some credit for recognising his mistake and taking the best corrective action available, hopefully the experiment with novice coaches is over, Irvine should never have been appointed, but at least he realised that and I suspect that we have been courting Pulis for a few weeks, behind the scenes. Irvine knew his time was up and his distress at Stoke showed he does not have a thick enough skin for management.

Irvine will return to coaching kids, he should remain in his comfort zone.
Good post.I gave him time but was obvious to me he was no good! WBA fans and Everton said the same...was a car crash! Peace needs to stick with Pulis or he is feckked!
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #6944 on: January 02, 2015, 01:25:10 PM »
So true, JP has re-kindled the longest living relationship in my life. Thanks Jezza.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6945 on: January 02, 2015, 05:16:20 PM »

......in his trackies winter coat and boots. Nice bloke very sincere but not tough enough or experienced enough at PL level. Never was going to be.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6946 on: January 02, 2015, 05:21:23 PM »
Was he a good coach? Undoubtedly
Was he meek? Definitely
Was he a good guy? Absolutely

Did he deserve to be humiliated? Absolutely NOT
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6947 on: January 02, 2015, 05:27:30 PM »
I hope he get can a job in the Championship and prove that he's good enough to be the number one man.
the regime don't like it man

ComebackStrodds

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6948 on: January 02, 2015, 05:28:53 PM »
Same, I'd like to see him do well in the Champo, he nearly got Preston up a few times.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6949 on: January 02, 2015, 05:34:02 PM »
I hope he get can a job in the Championship and prove that he's good enough to be the number one man.

To be honest mate, I hope he can get a job anywhere, I'm really disappointed that our supporters feel it's ok to ridicule, & to some extent humiliate a bloke who did his best even though he was clearly out of his depth.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?