Author Topic: Alan Irvine  (Read 1759081 times)

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

Re: Alan Irvine sacked by Albion
« Reply #5925 on: December 26, 2014, 05:10:28 PM »
Any excuse for him today?Individual error only?Not his responsibility?

Brought on substitutes who were lively and scored. Not one of the reasons we lost today were Irvine's fault. Two were Ben Fosters, one was the refs. Berahino didn't have a shot on target, Lescott couldn't score from three yards.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #5926 on: December 26, 2014, 05:12:34 PM »
Brought on substitutes who were lively and scored. Not one of the reasons we lost today were Irvine's fault. Two were Ben Fosters, one was the refs. Berahino didn't have a shot on target, Lescott couldn't score from three yards.

Who coaches them enough is enough his support is getting tiresome now
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5927 on: December 26, 2014, 05:15:41 PM »

I most often agree with and value your comments, Psalm. But Alan Irvine is in charge of this sad ship...

You know it was the Captain of the Titanic who sank it with his instruction to 'go faster' don't you?  ;)

Not that AI is giving out the same instruction.....
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #5928 on: December 26, 2014, 05:17:02 PM »
Utterly and totally worse than last season. Supporters of irvine  :D

maccbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5929 on: December 26, 2014, 05:22:38 PM »
We have quality here and a decent squad. However we have simply awful awful coaches who are so out of their depth and are very lucky to be working at a Premiership club. The end is nigh for Alan Irvine.
Nail on the head. We have the squad here to be comfortable in the top half, but this coaching team are consistently picking their favourites (Wisdom, Morrison, Gardner, Dorrans/Brunt when fit) over more talented players (Gamboa, Mulumbu, Yacob, Blanco). It's infuriating.

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5930 on: December 26, 2014, 05:29:25 PM »
We have quality here and a decent squad. However we have simply awful awful coaches who are so out of their depth and are very lucky to be working at a Premiership club. The end is nigh for Alan Irvine.
We can but hope !!

Weren't these players supposed to be playing for him ?? Someone ought to tell the defence as since this comment came out, the defence has gone on holiday !!
He's a lad from the Wrenna

ComebackStrodds

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5931 on: December 26, 2014, 05:39:21 PM »
Utterly and totally worse than last season. Supporters of irvine  :D

My support of him is dwinddling. He's like the new Alan Buckley, he'll be bringing in ex Preston players next season after he's sent us down. 

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5932 on: December 26, 2014, 05:39:48 PM »
His team talk must be like this your good players but there ten times better than you, keep it tight and we might lose by one or two but they are ten times better than you oh sorry that's the Gateshead team talk

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #5933 on: December 26, 2014, 05:43:22 PM »
Laughing stock utterly and totally.what other club going on his past record should give him a job.JP your an idiot for listening to Burton and any influence from previous interviews

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #5934 on: December 26, 2014, 05:44:35 PM »
Irvine's had his go , most were fair but it's clear he is out of his depth and i just feel sorry for him rather than angry.
He is far from the only problem at the club however he makes the calls at the end of the day , we already had several inconsistent players in the squad and now in recent weeks we can see Poco , Foster , Gardner and Lescott going backwards form wise. It worried me how many of these players came out and said how much they like Irvine , that's alright if we are getting results but we aren't and somehow despite having a decent/good squad on paper we seem to be just as bad if not worse than last season. I don't want the tag of being a sacking club but Irvine was never the right choice from day one.
This squad needs a Manager/ Head Coach not a mate which is what Irvine appears to be to a large number of them.
Time's up JP.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5935 on: December 26, 2014, 05:48:03 PM »
Don't care if he's a nice bloke,  he's a pooh head coach

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #5936 on: December 26, 2014, 05:48:19 PM »
Irvine's had his go , most were fair but it's clear he is out of his depth and i just feel sorry for him rather than angry.
He is far from the only problem at the club however he makes the calls at the end of the day , we already had several inconsistent players in the squad and now in recent weeks we can see Poco , Foster , Gardner and Lescott going backwards form wise. It worried me how many of these players came out and said how much they like Irvine , that's alright if we are getting results but we aren't and somehow despite having a decent/good squad on paper we seem to be just as bad if not worse than last season. I don't want the tag of being a sacking club but Irvine was never the right choice from day one.
This squad needs a Manager/ Head Coach not a mate which is what Irvine appears to be to a large number of them.
Time's up JP.

We said , well said ineed

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5937 on: December 26, 2014, 05:48:55 PM »
He won't be sacked before Stoke, I think an embarrassment against Gateshead is our only hope.

elmo_in_swansea

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5938 on: December 26, 2014, 05:51:42 PM »
posted this on after match debate, but think its worth posting here as well
quote taken from BBC Sport
West Brom manager Alan Irvine: "We started well but the first time City went up the pitch they got a goal which was down to our mistake. We continued to look as if we might score and we came very close on a few occasions.

"We still looked as if we were very much in the game but we made individual errors that when you make them in the Premier League are costly, and when you make them against Manchester City they are extremely costly."
Q was he watching the same game as me?

Orihuela CF
@elmo_in_swansea on twitter

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #5939 on: December 26, 2014, 05:52:36 PM »
Wait for it I hear some of  you cry we were playing Man City

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5940 on: December 26, 2014, 05:54:27 PM »
posted this on after match debate, but think its worth posting here as well
quote taken from BBC Sport
West Brom manager Alan Irvine: "We started well but the first time City went up the pitch they got a goal which was down to our mistake. We continued to look as if we might score and we came very close on a few occasions.

"We still looked as if we were very much in the game but we made individual errors that when you make them in the Premier League are costly, and when you make them against Manchester City they are extremely costly."
Q was he watching the same game as me?

Proves he still does comedy, old Ted, there.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #5941 on: December 26, 2014, 05:56:34 PM »
All this utter nonsense will cost you Peace. Great judge of  an expert in it

ComebackStrodds

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5942 on: December 26, 2014, 05:57:05 PM »
When they finally sack him they'll probably offer him a backroom job with Kiely and Downing as a sweetener  :P

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5943 on: December 26, 2014, 06:01:14 PM »
we were beaten as soon as the teams came on the pitch, they looked scared to death. There was no passion, no fight and worst of all not one of them looked interested. I said to my grandson look at this lot, we are going to get smashed.I haven't commented on Irvine before, but he and the other two Muppets should be sacked tonight.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #5944 on: December 26, 2014, 06:02:54 PM »
and the poll shows the vote for him to stay increased since the final whistle.
what am I missing please tell me.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #5945 on: December 26, 2014, 06:03:47 PM »
and the poll shows the vote for him to stay increased since the final whistle.
what am I missing please tell me.

Wind ups my friend

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #5946 on: December 26, 2014, 06:21:09 PM »
Another same old same old exactly the same old Oscar convincing to some after match peice

Where are they, having a beer with him
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 06:23:38 PM by WBAinDEVON »

johnnyg

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #5947 on: December 26, 2014, 06:34:29 PM »
My God, the Irvine haters are really lapping it up tonight.  Call yourselves Albion supporters ?  Ye should be ashamed of yourselves. Ye know who ye are.. in fact we all do. Coming on here, spouting the same old drivel after every bad result.  So predictable.
Yes, none of us were enamoured when AI got the job, myself included.  In fact, i was once who voiced my disapproval at the time. However, an Albion manager deserves support while he is in the job. 
Those of you coming on here day after day slagging the guy off are a f##king disgrace to the club. I am embarrassed to be associated with what i can only describe as a witch-hunt.

Just for a moment, look back at the Pre-Match thread where we were all suggesting what team should be picked. AI picked, more or less, what team the majority of us who posted on there asked for - an-attacking looking team, with Mulumbu restored to add defensive strength.

What happened - 3 horrific individual errors and we go 3-0 down. 
Yeah yeah yeah, its all AI's fault. We know we know. FFs, would you lot ever get lost on some other forum. AI is the Albion manager, and we should be supporting him and the team, rather than this continous and sustained witch-hunt that has been disgraceful beyond belief.

As i said already, i didnt want AI as manager, and he was a poor appointment and for the life of me, i couldnt see how it was going to work,  but you'd swear we were 10 points adrift at the bottom of the table tonight, the way some of the drama queens are going on and on, spouting their boring, repetitive drivel here. I aint going to name ye, but the usual suspects have been on here already this evening in all their glory.

I, for one, am a proud Baggie, and support the team and the manager through thick and thin, even when we are struggling badly.
And i notice all the whingers were loud in their support of more attacking teams being picked in the last few weeks. Well, what have you guys got to say tonight..... Valera was bloody awful today, Idye gets worse with every outing, and Berahino looks as if he wouldnt hit a bard door at the moment.

But yes, yes, i know...i should toe the line, like a blind fool. AI out AI out.. Well, no thanks, guys.  AI needs our support while he is in the job, and if i am the only one on here who still stands by him, so be it.
But feel free to continue to scapegoat and pillorise him.  We are 10 points adrift after all........oh sorry, i just checked... we are not even in the bottom 3.  But most of the whingers on here dont like to let facts get in the way of a good scapegoating. Enjoy your moaning.

danwatson

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #5948 on: December 26, 2014, 06:35:57 PM »
If Terry Burton is the one giving recommendations on the coaching staff and playing staff we have recruited then he needs to be following AI out the door sharpish!

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5949 on: December 26, 2014, 06:38:41 PM »
Nail on the head. We have the squad here to be comfortable in the top half, but this coaching team are consistently picking their favourites (Wisdom, Morrison, Gardner, Dorrans/Brunt when fit) over more talented players (Gamboa, Mulumbu, Yacob, Blanco). It's infuriating.

Can I ask why you think we have a decent squad? Of the summer signings only Lescott & Gardner are anything ilke, & what I'd give to have Billy Jones,  Morgan Amalfitano & Liam Ridgewell in our squad right now.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?