Author Topic: Alan Irvine  (Read 1758949 times)

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

Re: Alan Irvine sacked by Albion
« Reply #5175 on: December 06, 2014, 08:25:34 PM »

looks a decent point at Hull

Some very sensible points there but I won't agree on the above !!!  >:(
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5176 on: December 06, 2014, 08:28:57 PM »
Nice stat for those who firmly put the lack of goals at the door of Irvines negative play.
The strikers available to him have made approx 270 premier league appearance and scored 40 odd goals.
Berahino before Irvine had scored 5 in 32 now has 7 in 15.
Whoever is our manager during the January window needs to make sure we have someone brought in who can put it in the back of the net.
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5177 on: December 06, 2014, 08:54:29 PM »
Nice stat for those who firmly put the lack of goals at the door of Irvines negative play.
The strikers available to him have made approx 270 premier league appearance and scored 40 odd goals.
Berahino before Irvine had scored 5 in 32 now has 7 in 15.
Whoever is our manager during the January window needs to make sure we have someone brought in who can put it in the back of the net.

Yes, we need to spend £10m-plus on a striker.  Wait a minute, didn't we already do that ?

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5178 on: December 06, 2014, 09:03:21 PM »
Looks like he'll be here for the Villa game then  >:(

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5179 on: December 06, 2014, 09:09:05 PM »
If it's in the best interests of the club, why is it? If anything, wanting your team to win a game for your own short-term joy rather than for what's in the best long-term interests of the club is worse
I want my team to win every game not just one against the Vile. People say lose a game for the greater good of the club, isn't getting 3 points for the greater good of the club more important. I have been a Baggies for over 50 years and never have I wanted to OUR TEAM to go out and lose a game so the manager gets the boot and I have seen some rubbish managers in my time. I am no Irvine lover, didn't want him but gave him a chance but he has blown that chance now and will soon get the sack.

IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

WBAcz

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #5180 on: December 06, 2014, 09:10:17 PM »
Up to now I think the fact that all the 3 promoted teams have been at the bottom of the table has kept the pressure off AI. However, if one of them goes on a run and we slide down with the likes of Hull or Sunderland etc for a relegation spot that will then make Peace more nervous. No manager in my view will be sacked until we are into January, like other posters have said IF we take points in the next 2 games the table looks a lot different.

maccbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5181 on: December 06, 2014, 09:16:34 PM »
I want my team to win every game not just one against the Vile. People say lose a game for the greater good of the club, isn't getting 3 points for the greater good of the club more important. I have been a Baggies for over 50 years and never have I wanted to OUR TEAM to go out and lose a game so the manager gets the boot and I have seen some rubbish managers in my time. I am no Irvine lover, didn't want him but gave him a chance but he has blown that chance now and will soon get the sack.
This is the first time in my history of supporting the club I've ever felt like this so I think that says something about my confidence in Irvine. I'm not quite sure you understand the situation- if we beat villa, peace will give Irvine more time, and in that time, we'll lose more points than we would if we lost to villa, Irvine was sacked, and a competent head coach was appointed. Getting enough points over the course of the season is obviously more important than getting enough points in one game

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5182 on: December 06, 2014, 09:32:25 PM »
This is the first time in my history of supporting the club I've ever felt like this so I think that says something about my confidence in Irvine. I'm not quite sure you understand the situation- if we beat villa, peace will give Irvine more time, and in that time, we'll lose more points than we would if we lost to villa, Irvine was sacked, and a competent head coach was appointed. Getting enough points over the course of the season is obviously more important than getting enough points in one game
And this competent coach comes in and we still get relegated by say 3 points how would you feel then.

maccbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5183 on: December 06, 2014, 09:33:04 PM »
And this competent coach comes in and we still get relegated by say 3 points how would you feel then.
Yeah, you still don't get it do you

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5184 on: December 06, 2014, 09:35:18 PM »
Yes, we need to spend £10m-plus on a striker.  Wait a minute, didn't we already do that ?
We need to bring someone in who can score goals.  If that is on a free or loan or costs us £50M it is our best chance of survival.

maccbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5185 on: December 06, 2014, 09:37:09 PM »
We need to bring someone in who can score goals.  If that is on a free or loan or costs us £50M it is our best chance of survival.
Brown Ideye has a track-record of scoring goals. It's just that Irvine won't play him.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #5186 on: December 06, 2014, 09:43:26 PM »
Christ Almighty hes still here, i was hoping to wake with some good news. We need this change before QPR otherwise we are going down. come on then who are we going to beat with Mr Tactically inept in charge, we wont survive on the odd draw will we
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5187 on: December 06, 2014, 09:44:00 PM »

One game ban, he'll be ok to play against us
Saving grace for me is that they are due an off day at home after beating burnley and leicester!

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #5188 on: December 06, 2014, 09:45:04 PM »
Saving grace for me is that they are due an off day at home after beating burnley and leicester!

we will go play for a point and get done 1-0 just like next saturday

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5189 on: December 06, 2014, 09:45:26 PM »
Brown Ideye has a track-record of scoring goals. It's just that Irvine won't play him.
Torres had a great scoring record before he went to Chelsea. If he thought he was capable of scoring the goals the fans demand that he wouldn't be playing now?

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5190 on: December 06, 2014, 09:45:36 PM »
Yeah, you still don't get it do you
I still don't get why any fan would want their team to lose a game so that a manager gets the sack. I will be cheering the lads on Saturday and praying for a win and would do no matter who we are playing.
You have your views and I have mine ;)

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5191 on: December 06, 2014, 09:47:51 PM »
38 points looks impossible with the current set-up.

Remember, many of our winnable games have come and gone AND we have the finish from hell where we'll need to be 6/7 points clear of the relegation zone at that point to survive I fear.
Have they? We beat leicester away, burnley at home, got points against palace and sunderland at home. We still have a number of winnable fixtures to go! Also if we don't have the points by that stage, you only have to look at Sunderland last season who had a sensational finish with their run-in...

maccbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5192 on: December 06, 2014, 09:48:31 PM »
Torres had a great scoring record before he went to Chelsea. If he thought he was capable of scoring the goals the fans demand that he wouldn't be playing now?
I suspect if Irvine thought he could score goals he'd play him. However, I trust Ideye's goalscoring history much more than I trust Alan Irvine's judgement.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #5193 on: December 06, 2014, 09:48:56 PM »
Because its the Vile i want us to win this one but i cant see it. If it takes one game to push him over the edge with a loss nothing changes does it. i would take it

maccbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5194 on: December 06, 2014, 09:51:52 PM »
I still don't get why any fan would want their team to lose a game so that a manager gets the sack. I will be cheering the lads on Saturday and praying for a win and would do no matter who we are playing.
You have your views and I have mine ;)
Yeah that's fair enough, I'm not trying to tell you what you should want! I do understand why people still want us to beat Villa even if it means Irvine staying on. I just personally think it would be more in the club's medium to long term interests to lose so that Irvine goes sooner and we "hopefully" replace him with a more competent manager, meaning the new man has more games to win points and we finish the season with a higher points total, thus less likely to end in relegation.

All of that would be moot of course if Peace goes and appoints the cheap option again and keeps Downing and Kiely on.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 09:53:33 PM by maccbaggie »

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5195 on: December 06, 2014, 10:15:40 PM »
The only problem with ditching Irvine is that our club takes the best part of 2 months to appoint a manager. We'd no doubt have Keith Downing in charge for all that time, we could be cut adrift by the end of Jan.

maccbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5196 on: December 06, 2014, 10:21:56 PM »
The only problem with ditching Irvine is that our club takes the best part of 2 months to appoint a manager. We'd no doubt have Keith Downing in charge for all that time, we could be cut adrift by the end of Jan.
That's the worry. Peace needs to already be identifying replacements so he can appoint as soon as possible.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #5197 on: December 06, 2014, 10:36:52 PM »
WBAFCofficial @WBAFCofficial  ·  4m

Albion delighted to announce Alan Irvine will be appointed as their new Head Coach. He has agreed a 12-month rolling contract #wba 1/3

WBAFCofficial @WBAFCofficial  ·  4m

Irvine will complete his move to The Hawthorns once he has officially signed off from his current role as Everton’s academy manager 2/3

WBAFCofficial @WBAFCofficial  ·  3m

Irvine will bring Rob Kelly to work as Joint-Assistant Head Coach alongside Keith Downing, whilst Dean Kiely will remain as GK Coach 3/3

I thought this was a wind up at the time

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #5198 on: December 06, 2014, 10:41:40 PM »
we should do a swap with Everton they boo Martinez and we boo Irvine whos theirs anyway

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #5199 on: December 06, 2014, 10:45:42 PM »

I thought this was a wind up at the time
it still winds me up. that should be framed and hung on jps office door with the words WHAT HAVE I DONE underneath it.