Author Topic: Alan Irvine  (Read 1759048 times)

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

Re: Alan Irvine sacked by Albion
« Reply #5075 on: December 06, 2014, 06:56:59 AM »
Look how he's helped Saido, keep him at the club for his original profession
Thank you.He is highly regarded as a COACH. We need a MANAGER.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5076 on: December 06, 2014, 06:58:23 AM »
Are you blind VVV, our pass completion in the final third is poor because we are so slow and ponderous that the opposition always have at least 9 players behind the ball! Aggghhhhhhhhhhhh! >:(
Are we "slow and ponderous" because we have nowhere to go to and is it better to try and keep possession rather than give the ball away?
Do you not agree that (without having seen Brown properly) we are weaker up front than we have been under any recent manager?
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5077 on: December 06, 2014, 07:00:41 AM »
Are we "slow and ponderous" because we have nowhere to go to and is it better to try and keep possession rather than give the ball away?
Do you not agree that (without having seen Brown properly) we are weaker up front than we have been under any recent manager?

Actually, no.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5078 on: December 06, 2014, 07:02:14 AM »
... and more to the point he isn't playing more of the squad that would strengthen us up front..

JP to echo others on here. We need a MANAGER, not a coach. Please.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5079 on: December 06, 2014, 07:08:12 AM »

Where on earth has he proved himself as an excellent coach
Everywhere he has been he was highly regarded as a COACH. But has struggled as a manager.
They are very different roles. Peace think's otherwise. Not worked. The only time it did was when RH was here and he is a MANAGER. AL has done very good work with young players. I would keep him and ger rid of others while bringing in someone to take us the table.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5080 on: December 06, 2014, 07:09:23 AM »
Everywhere he has been he was highly regarded as a COACH. But has struggled as a manager.
They are very different roles. Peace think's otherwise. Not worked. The only time it did was when RH was here and he is a MANAGER. AL has done very good work with young players. I would keep him and ger rid of others while bringing in someone to take us the table.

He wouldn't accept a demotion. Would be highly embarrassing and he'd lose face with the players.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5081 on: December 06, 2014, 07:15:11 AM »
He wouldn't accept a demotion. Would be highly embarrassing and he'd lose face with the players.
Why? They (The Players) say he is a very good coach which he undoubtedly  is and put him in his natural role as a No2 While bringing in a proven manager and at this time would my choice be Tony Pulis the two would be a "Dream Ticket" .........but doubt it will happen? We need 26 more points.
If we carry on like this I doubt if we will get there?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 07:50:26 AM by glosterbaggie »

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5082 on: December 06, 2014, 07:18:27 AM »
Why? They (The Players) say he is a very good coach which he undoubtedly  is and put him in his natural role as a No2 While bringing in a proven manager and at this time would my choice be Tony Pulis the two would be a "Dream Ticket" .........but doubt it will happen? We need 36 more points.
If we carry on like this I doubt if we will get there?

Gloster, you talk sense. I don't really like Pulis but that would work far far better than the set up we have now. D & K for me are the worst part of that.....

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5083 on: December 06, 2014, 07:20:37 AM »
Actually, no.
Ok. Forwards in current squad: Berahino, Anichebe, Brown, Samaras.
Last season: Rosenburg, Long, Anichebe, Vydra, Berahino,  Anelka, Bifouma.
2012-13: Rosenburg, Long, Lukaku, Odemwhingey, Fortune
2011-12: Long, Odemwhingey, Cox, Fortune,
2010 -11: Bednar, Miller,  Wood, Moore, Vela,  Odemwhingey, Fortune, Cox.

Fair enough, 2010-11 had some rubbish but they had mobility and options.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #5084 on: December 06, 2014, 07:25:08 AM »
All previous manager's have had the bonus of having strikers that showed a bit of movement. Berahino is learning the game and has too much expectation on his shoulders and is not a patch on Lukaku. Anichebe has never been anything other than a lumbering target man. Brown,  who knows?
But we are still picking up points in the games that will matter in our Premier League survival.
picking up points, 1 out of 15  will not keep us up.

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5085 on: December 06, 2014, 07:28:22 AM »
picking up points, 1 out of 15  will not keep us up.
14 out of 15 games would.

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5086 on: December 06, 2014, 07:28:42 AM »
Gloster, you talk sense. I don't really like Pulis but that would work far far better than the set up we have now. D & K for me are the worst part of that.....
Well, I do not know any inside of D & K but it seems to me that the unrest and undermining of Head Coach points to people wanting them out?And has been for some time.
The setup that Peace has devised leads us to scrabbling around for coaches that "Want to have a go in the Prem"
My view is yes AI is a very good experienced coach but we need a Manager like Pulis who can keep us away from the exit hatch.
The ONLY time Peace plan worked was when he employed Roy. Now he was a manager...whatever Peace put on the rota!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 07:31:11 AM by glosterbaggie »

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5087 on: December 06, 2014, 07:38:21 AM »
You could have Aguero, Messi & Di Maria in our squad but they'd still be starved of service by a negative, one paced and unbalanced midfield.
I only go for the beer.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5088 on: December 06, 2014, 07:39:14 AM »
Well, I do not know any inside of D & K but it seems to me that the unrest and undermining of Head Coach points to people wanting them out?And has been for some time.
The setup that Peace has devised leads us to scrabbling around for coaches that "Want to have a go in the Prem"
My view is yes AI is a very good experienced coach but we need a Manager like Pulis who can keep us away from the exit hatch.
The ONLY time Peace plan worked was when he employed Roy. Now he was a manager...whatever Peace put on the rota!

Roy was definitely a manager....

PepeMel

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5089 on: December 06, 2014, 07:39:36 AM »
For us to survive we need to get all the coaches out of here. Oh you can include terry burton too. We are going south with this current lot
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 07:41:36 AM by PepeMel »

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5090 on: December 06, 2014, 07:42:12 AM »
Roy was definitely a manager....
That was the difference. AI is in my view far better than our coaches.But he is not the Manager.

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5091 on: December 06, 2014, 07:43:19 AM »
14 out of 15 games would.

It wouldn't though would it. Would be about 35 points!

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5092 on: December 06, 2014, 07:44:19 AM »
Jacko, I notice your post has been deleted but I don't think I have ever really given my opinion on Irvine.  My "entrenched defense" is actually just posing an alternative argument to most of the emotional bile presented and backed up generally with statements and facts to support them. I also try to highlight internet myths which would be classed as libelous in most arenas.

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5093 on: December 06, 2014, 07:45:17 AM »
It wouldn't though would it. Would be about 35 points!
Look at the table  ;)

tylerm

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5094 on: December 06, 2014, 07:50:56 AM »

Hilarious
If he is that good a coach why has he only been coaching Evertons Youth Team for the past 3 years

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5095 on: December 06, 2014, 07:52:13 AM »
Look at the table  ;)

At the end of the season look at it. Will need 38+ this season

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #5096 on: December 06, 2014, 07:52:36 AM »
Jacko, I notice your post has been deleted but I don't think I have ever really given my opinion on Irvine.  My "entrenched defense" is actually just posing an alternative argument to most of the emotional bile presented and backed up generally with statements and facts to support them. I also try to highlight internet myths which would be classed as libelous in most arenas.

Please provide copies of any libelous comments as we are only human and may miss the odd thing unless they are pointed out to us.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5097 on: December 06, 2014, 07:55:05 AM »
At the end of the season look at it. Will need 38+ this season
Possibly. Possibly not. If season was to finish tomorrow we would still be in the Premier League.

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5098 on: December 06, 2014, 07:55:34 AM »
Hilarious
If he is that good a coach why has he only been coaching Evertons Youth Team for the past 3 years
You may need to look it up before coming out with a post of pure ignorance.

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5099 on: December 06, 2014, 08:03:59 AM »
Please provide copies of any libelous comments as we are only human and may miss the odd thing unless they are pointed out to us.
It isn't a criticism of any of the mods or the site ( and this is nowhere near as bad as other forms of social media) but I'm sure if you looked back through the 200+ pages you can find plenty of examples (and I have pointed them out previously)