Author Topic: Alan Irvine  (Read 1758923 times)

sing on our own

• Youth Baggie

Re: Alan Irvine sacked by Albion
« Reply #4050 on: November 25, 2014, 08:01:47 PM »
I think if we lose and put in a performance like the last few games he is going to be in the firing line, since the Burnley game we have been poor at Liverpool, fair against Man Utd terrible for most of the Palace game, terrible at Bournemouth although that was a different team, Leicester was painful viewing but we won, Newcastle was the first time I have actually been bored during a game and Chelsea was embarrassing how terrified Irvine was with his 'anti football' tactics....

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4051 on: November 25, 2014, 08:02:48 PM »
If we lose to both arsenal and west ham (which is unfortunately what I'm expecting to happen) then do we expect him to still be our head coach?

I was hoping he would be gone before Arsenal!
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

fatboy_coach

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4052 on: November 25, 2014, 08:03:52 PM »
If we lose to both arsenal and west ham (which is unfortunately what I'm expecting to happen) then do we expect him to still be our head coach?

No and I think that any results may have been made all the more difficult by the Saido ongoings. The latter may explain AIs little outburst after the Newcastle match though  :(

botters

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4053 on: November 25, 2014, 08:07:36 PM »
JP must be sharpening the axe. The sooner the better and get this very negative coach out of our club along with the two coaches who have failed in the past. His football is not the Albion way.

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4054 on: November 25, 2014, 08:52:35 PM »
you mean the 4 of them ? I agree we need shaking up with new ideas sorry but someone like pulis who will make them work and run all day long .

botters

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4055 on: November 25, 2014, 09:00:28 PM »
you mean the 4 of them ? I agree we need shaking up with new ideas sorry but someone like pulis who will make them work and run all day long .

And get results, and not turn up at a top or even mid table premier league club at home and not bother to give them a game. 

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4056 on: November 25, 2014, 09:22:14 PM »

There is not a chance he's going anytime soon. He'll probably get the season regardless but we're not going to be that impatient, and nor should we. You'd never get anyone decent work in conditions were a couple of losses leads to you possibly getting the sack.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4057 on: November 25, 2014, 10:33:25 PM »
Will the saido incident have any bearing ?,would JP do it if we get toned by the vile?
And.......who could come in?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Jeb-Dog

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #4058 on: November 25, 2014, 11:41:06 PM »
It's no good replacing AI if we're going to just get another "head" coach with the same coaching team behind him. It's time for some fresh coaching ideas, particularly in the attacking department. We seem to have lost the ability to counter-attack (although no surprise with the lack of pace in our midfield) and when you're set up defensively it's pretty depressing to watch.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4059 on: November 26, 2014, 08:18:20 AM »
JP must be sharpening the axe. The sooner the better and get this very negative coach out of our club along with the two coaches who have failed in the past. His football is not the Albion way.
Peace would have known full well what brand of football Irvine was likely to serve up before he appointed him. Unfortunately, I don't foresee any axe sharpening taking place until we fall into the bottom 3 and are showing few signs of getting out of it.

However, Peace has a big decision to make though as, if he doesn't get rid of Irvine soon, the opportunity won't be there for his replacement to have input into whatever changes we decide to make to the playing staff in January.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4060 on: November 26, 2014, 10:20:25 AM »
Why can't he just wake up!!
This is his last chance of making it as a manager, lets face it if we sack him no-one else is going to take him.
If I were in that position I would be going all out to either succeed or go down in a blaze of glory, not conceding without a fight trying to stick to conservative, outdated beliefs.
Come on Alan it's Sh!t or Bust time, get some new faces in and give it a real go. Forget about red zones and optimum levels and all that tut and go with your gut instinct!
We have the players to more than survive in this division, even if they don't tick all his boxes or finish on top of the spreadsheet, just take a chance!

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4061 on: November 26, 2014, 10:27:12 AM »
Why can't he just wake up!!
This is his last chance of making it as a manager, lets face it if we sack him no-one else is going to take him.
If I were in that position I would be going all out to either succeed or go down in a blaze of glory, not conceding without a fight trying to stick to conservative, outdated beliefs.
Come on Alan it's Sh!t or Bust time, get some new faces in and give it a real go. Forget about red zones and optimum levels and all that tut and go with your gut instinct!
We have the players to more than survive in this division, even if they don't tick all his boxes or finish on top of the spreadsheet, just take a chance!

The problem is I think he already is going with instinct
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

monkey nuts

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4062 on: November 26, 2014, 10:30:05 AM »
There is not a chance he's going anytime soon. He'll probably get the season regardless but we're not going to be that impatient, and nor should we. You'd never get anyone decent work in conditions were a couple of losses leads to you possibly getting the sack.

your so wrong about him getting the season if it don't improve mate

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #4063 on: November 26, 2014, 10:36:23 AM »
your so wrong about him getting the season if it don't improve mate

What you honestly think JP will sack him if we stay in and around 13th place?
"This crack is really moreish."

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4064 on: November 26, 2014, 10:40:02 AM »
And is not 13th place an improvement on last year under Clarke and then Mel.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4065 on: November 26, 2014, 10:58:02 AM »
AI is probably thinking that his brief was simply to keep us up.  So unless we drop into the bottom three before Xmas he will probably be there for the season.  That probably means 2 wins or 1 win and a lot of draws. I'm afraid he's frit, and he'll keep playing for those draws, and hope we fluke a few 1-0s along the way.

cornishbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4066 on: November 26, 2014, 11:08:53 AM »
well we know that the CL will be monitoring this site and reporting back to JP, it will be in his job description.

as long as AI is head coach the club will be in limbo. we are all waiting for the envitable bad run of results and for AI to get the sack.

ps.

waiting does not equal wanting

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4067 on: November 26, 2014, 11:10:42 AM »
He wont be sacked until we are in the bottom 3 and on a run of losing games that we don't look like breaking.

I didn't want him in the first place but with us in 13th now isn't the time.  We have only had 2 defeats since our last (albeit flukey) win against Leicester.

We witnessed the decline of Di Matteo and Clarke and we could all tell that they weren't going to turn things around.  I do get that same feeling with Irvine but its too soon at this moment.

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #4068 on: November 26, 2014, 11:15:25 AM »
And is not 13th place an improvement on last year under Clarke and then Mel.

Exactly.  If someone could have guaranteed us a 13th or place at the start of the season most us would have been  pretty happy.  If he keeps us in and around this position there is no chance whatsoever he will be sacked.

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4069 on: November 26, 2014, 11:29:14 AM »
Exactly.  If someone could have guaranteed us a 13th or place at the start of the season most us would have been  pretty happy.  If he keeps us in and around this position there is no chance whatsoever he will be sacked.

There are a number of teams below us who could join us on the same number of points by winning just one game if we lose against Arsenal

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4070 on: November 26, 2014, 11:43:47 AM »
This 13th argument really is a temporary smokescreen though. Most of us can see that we are playing awful, unimaginative, defensive, boring, tight, narrow "football", which is easy to play against. It's not even as if we are doing it well either. We have been lucky a couple of times, which has put us put us in a false position, but it's only a matter of time before we drop into the bottom three if we carry on with these tactics, certainly before the end of the year. It seems clear to me, he is hopelessly out of his depth, we shouldn't have appointed him in the first place, all the negativity is completely justified, and we should get rid asap. End of.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4071 on: November 26, 2014, 12:42:59 PM »
All I want to see is us set up the side with the intention of trying to cause the opposition some problems and I just don't think Irvine does that. He is far too focused on trying to stop the opposition playing, shows them far too much respect regardless of who it is.

I haven't given up all hope on Irvine just yet but my patience is starting to wear very thin.

monkey nuts

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4072 on: November 26, 2014, 01:12:05 PM »
where did i say he would sack him if we were 13th, i said he wouldn't let it go all season if things don't improve

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #4073 on: November 26, 2014, 01:31:31 PM »
where did i say he would sack him if we were 13th, i said he wouldn't let it go all season if things don't improve

If things don't improve upon what? Our league place (currently 13th), style of play, blooding in new players?  If we are plodding along in midtable like we currently are and in the fashion we are, then I don't believe he will be sacked.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4074 on: November 26, 2014, 01:34:32 PM »
I'm dreading the next three games, were as likely to get 2 wins and a draw as we are to lose all three.
The pressure will really be on AI then.
Que the doom mongers!
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'