Author Topic: Alan Irvine  (Read 1758918 times)

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

Re: Alan Irvine sacked by Albion
« Reply #3575 on: November 09, 2014, 04:52:46 PM »
Easy for us to go long and play hoof ball because we had the big man up front today, and it didn't work one bit at all today. The Hull, West Ham and Villa games coming up are very important two wins needed from those.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3576 on: November 09, 2014, 04:53:30 PM »
It is the Irvine way though.

hand on heart and totally honest does anyone think it will ever get better than this, I hope it does but just cannot see anything to suggest it will. the last 3 games have been very poor displays, not pantwetting just looks so unbalanced and drab, nothing to excite the fans at all.

botters

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3577 on: November 09, 2014, 04:55:21 PM »
Anybody who thinks we are ok is living in cuckoo land . No width , no midfield and totally boring at home . Our only saving grace may be that there is 3 worse teams than us at the end of the season. Why do we keep buying poor players who can't get in the team.

How do we know that they are all poor, hardly seen any of them playing for us in the premier league . I dont think irvine know how to use a good attacking creative player.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3578 on: November 09, 2014, 05:01:30 PM »
hand on heart and totally honest does anyone think it will ever get better than this, I hope it does but just cannot see anything to suggest it will. the last 3 games have been very poor displays, not pantwetting just looks so unbalanced and drab, nothing to excite the fans at all.

Football wise no. Irvine is an organizer will get the team to work hard. I found it a bit strange and weird Pardew saying that about us today. He will happily play the likes of Brunt, Dorrans over Blanco because he knows that those players will probably do more of the hard yards compared to a Blanco maybe. I think we could be better away from home than at the Hawthorns this season, because of how we set up.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3579 on: November 09, 2014, 05:03:34 PM »
How do we know that they are all poor, hardly seen any of them playing for us in the premier league . I dont think irvine know how to use a good attacking creative player.

I think it's down to Irvine very conservative in his approach and just does not trust the 'new' attacking players.  The very opposite to Pepe Mel I suppose which might be good or bad depending how we get on over the season.
I suspect we'll end similar to last season and just staying up based upon the mixed bag that we have seen so far.
We do need to see more intent and tempo at home though as the crowd will turn very quickly this season after the past two years of dross.
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3580 on: November 09, 2014, 05:05:28 PM »

My hope is we can get a few kids to break into the team like Saido did and lift the level of football. What is certain is that we will not get better football as long as we employ negative coaches who don't think we can play better football.

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3581 on: November 09, 2014, 05:08:29 PM »
My hope is we can get a few kids to break into the team like Saido did and lift the level of football. What is certain is that we will not get better football as long as we employ negative coaches who don't think we can play better football.
Trouble is the way we play suits the old guard of the team who seem very vocal and threw their toys out of the pram when Mel asked them to up their game last season............
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3582 on: November 09, 2014, 05:11:28 PM »
Trouble is the way we play suits the old guard of the team who seem very vocal and threw their toys out of the pram when Mel asked them to up their game last season............

Indeed.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3583 on: November 09, 2014, 05:15:07 PM »
Our home form is terrible. We're set up to grid out 1-0 wins which is more effective on the counter away. No pace or width despite the fan base screaming out for the same. Lots of slow central midfielders sitting deep and passing the buck. Moving the ball sideways around the back four very very slowly, easy to defend against. Also managed to waste £10m on a striker who can't even make the bench. Ironically our first choice striker Riverirre went to Newcastle and he has also been a flop. I do not trust the scouting department when it comes to forwards. We're repeatedly targeting forwards who are not goal-scorers. Now were over reliant on Saido who has been over hyped by the press in recent weeks.

Controversial but we should try and sign Sako from the dingles in January.

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3584 on: November 09, 2014, 05:46:45 PM »
that's it for me today he can go sooner the better !!!!!!!!!!

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #3585 on: November 09, 2014, 05:48:40 PM »
There is very little imagination to our play which is very concerning and that's now three poor performances on the bounce - we somehow managed to win at Leicester via some fluke of an own goal.

When Anichebe plays we are far too predictable. Our tactics basically consist of our midfield or back four chipping the ball into him, letting him hold it up and then making a few sideways passes before we lose the ball. Then we do it again, and again and then on the next occasion Anichebe will try and roll a centre half. I've taken it for granted now that whenever he plays we will do absolutely nothing else but what I've outlined above.

Plenty of sideways passing between the midfield and back four but at the end of the day lacking in penetration to cause sides problems.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3586 on: November 09, 2014, 05:58:37 PM »
There is very little imagination to our play which is very concerning and that's now three poor performances on the bounce - we somehow managed to win at Leicester via some fluke of an own goal.

When Anichebe plays we are far too predictable. Our tactics basically consist of our midfield or back four chipping the ball into him, letting him hold it up and then making a few sideways passes before we lose the ball. Then we do it again, and again and then on the next occasion Anichebe will try and roll a centre half. I've taken it for granted now that whenever he plays we will do absolutely nothing else but what I've outlined above

Plenty of sideways passing between the midfield and back four but at the end of the day lacking in penetration to cause sides problems.

That Anichebe tactics is exactly what we saw in the training game against that American side (forgot the name sorry) that was televised (it was also the debut game for Wisdom who was less than impressvie).  I don't think Irvine has much more to offer than that to be honest.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3587 on: November 09, 2014, 06:01:45 PM »
Give him time FFS!!

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3588 on: November 09, 2014, 06:02:26 PM »
Give him time FFS!!

The only thing Irvine will do with more time is give us more of the same nonsense.

botters

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3589 on: November 09, 2014, 06:27:10 PM »
The only thing Irvine will do with more time is give us more of the same nonsense.

We are eleven games into the new season and are we any better football wise than last season. Answer NO 

Silver Thostle

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #3590 on: November 09, 2014, 06:28:55 PM »
We are eleven games into the new season and are we any better football wise than last season. Answer NO

And so the answer is what exactly..................

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #3591 on: November 09, 2014, 06:36:24 PM »
Well lets recognise what he has done which are so far the main positives of his reign. We are extremely organised, have a much better defensive spine about the team and seemingly have a good spirit in the camp and all three were needed after the farse of last season. Yes, there are glaring deficiences within the side, the football certainly hasn't been as entertaining as many would have liked but there have been some promising signs only in very small pockets.

The conundrum for Irvine is whether he can get the side to play some more 'easy on the eye' football with penetration and still maintain the defensively solidity that he has brought to the club this season. I have no problem with losing football matches but there is a manner in which we lose them and its day like today where I find losing hard to take because we've been beaten, at home, so comfortably and we've barely laid a finger on the opposition. If Irvine can get us trading blows with the opposition then whilst I won't like losing, I can certainly say we'd have given it a good go, especially at home where accumlating points is paramount. Unfortunately, Irvine is struggling in this department.

Unfortunately at the moment we seem to have a solid defensive foundation but are certainly lacking going forward.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3592 on: November 09, 2014, 06:38:40 PM »
Awful today. If I had of know that today would be pass to anichebe so he can back into a defender and hopefully something will happen for every attack I would not have gone. Why break up the sessegnon-berahino partnership. Why baird on the bench over ideye? Why put sessegnon on left wing and play brunt centre mid? Awful today. And finally wisdom at left back? Not for me, can't even kick the ball with his left foot.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3593 on: November 09, 2014, 07:05:54 PM »
Well lets recognise what he has done which are so far the main positives of his reign. We are extremely organised, have a much better defensive spine about the team and seemingly have a good spirit in the camp and all three were needed after the farse of last season. Yes, there are glaring deficiences within the side, the football certainly hasn't been as entertaining as many would have liked but there have been some promising signs only in very small pockets.

The conundrum for Irvine is whether he can get the side to play some more 'easy on the eye' football with penetration and still maintain the defensively solidity that he has brought to the club this season. I have no problem with losing football matches but there is a manner in which we lose them and its day like today where I find losing hard to take because we've been beaten, at home, so comfortably and we've barely laid a finger on the opposition. If Irvine can get us trading blows with the opposition then whilst I won't like losing, I can certainly say we'd have given it a good go, especially at home where accumlating points is paramount. Unfortunately, Irvine is struggling in this department.

Unfortunately at the moment we seem to have a solid defensive foundation but are certainly lacking going forward.

Are we better defensively?  The Burnley game aside we've shipped 2 goals in every other home game.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3594 on: November 09, 2014, 07:10:00 PM »
Are we better defensively?  The Burnley game aside we've shipped 2 goals in every other home game.

Lescott and Poc big improvement.  Dawson and particularly Wisdom. Not so much.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3595 on: November 09, 2014, 07:12:22 PM »
What on earth have you seen from Irvine that makes you think we're going to see that? You're going to be very disappointed.

Well some predicted we'd stay in the bottom three after the Everton game but we then shot up the table. We only have Varela who's that type of winger so once he's back we'll see if Irvine plays him or not.
the regime don't like it man

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3596 on: November 09, 2014, 07:13:24 PM »

I know. I'm just saying give Irvine time first before anyone else gets it in  ;D

Jol to take over at Christmas if things don't improve.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3597 on: November 09, 2014, 07:17:00 PM »
Well some predicted we'd stay in the bottom three after the Everton game but we then shot up the table. We only have Varela who's that type of winger so once he's back we'll see if Irvine plays him or not.

Whats worrying is that we've not played anyone of note as yet. Even Liverpool and Man Utd were badly out of form when we played them. Our only hope is that there is 3 really poor sides again this season.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3598 on: November 09, 2014, 07:19:07 PM »
Got to say that putting wisdom to LB and not Brunt was a terrible decision.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3599 on: November 09, 2014, 07:33:49 PM »
Wisdom is horrendous at left back, if a left back was in the positions he got in we may have got back into it!

Why drop Sess!? Bigs him up in the week then drops him. That's happened before with somebody.

Time to take some risks Alan. And by risks I mean, don't play 5 midfielders that are central mids with no pace