Author Topic: Alan Irvine  (Read 1758948 times)

Plastic Paddy

• Junior Baggie

Re: Alan Irvine sacked by Albion
« Reply #2400 on: September 14, 2014, 09:53:03 AM »
I would be very surprised if JP pulls the trigger before the Burnley game however if Baggie96 is correct and JP isn't happy, I hope that when the inevitable happens a replacement is swift to give us a fighting chance of staying up.

However, I am not convinced that a change of Manger or Head Coach is going to provide the magic turn around we are all hoping for or expecting. As other posters have already said, this situation has been ongoing for at least 18 months with 3 different guys in charge.

johhnybaggies 4life

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2401 on: September 14, 2014, 09:54:54 AM »
I would be very surprised if JP pulls the trigger before the Burnley game however if Baggie96 is correct and JP isn't happy, I hope that when the inevitable happens a replacement is swift to give us a fighting chance of staying up.

However, I am not convinced that a change of Manger or Head Coach is going to provide the magic turn around we are all hoping for or expecting. As other posters have already said, this situation has been ongoing for at least 18 months with 3 different guys in charge.

I agree, but downing and AI make a terrible team!
Stick Together Through Thick And Thin

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2402 on: September 14, 2014, 09:57:36 AM »
We need a Megson kick up the backside type. If the players don't like it then they can go and play with the kids. Oh the days of when Marshall, Wallwork and even the great Super Bob were banished are needed back.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2403 on: September 14, 2014, 09:57:45 AM »
We all feared yesterday that he wouldn't make the changes needed to turn the poor start around and the only changed were a player coming in from injury and one out from injury. I think that speaks volumes. GMac at the very least needed to come in at the back. All the talk in the week was of Lescott being fit again and he wasn't even in the 18.

Time is running out for Irvine and next week we need big changes; Gamboa, GMac, Lescott, Blanco, Sess and one of Varela/Samaras all need to start. Out with Wisdom, Dawson, Olsson, Dorrans, Brunt, Morrisson.

Then there's Mulumbu who needs to come in too so that's 7 changes! Can't see it happening!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2404 on: September 14, 2014, 10:04:40 AM »
Just get rid, he's rubbish. End of.

sconesy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2405 on: September 14, 2014, 10:07:25 AM »
Surely Peace has already instructed his 'brigade' to make 'off the record' inquiries as to whether Pulis would be interested or not?! I'm passed caring about how 'sexy' our football is.......I just want it to be effective! He's never been relegated, and by getting him in early and clearing out the seemingly festering back room staff, we have a great chance of being successful. 

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2406 on: September 14, 2014, 10:13:50 AM »
Surely Peace has already instructed his 'brigade' to make 'off the record' inquiries as to whether Pulis would be interested or not?! I'm passed caring about how 'sexy' our football is.......I just want it to be effective! He's never been relegated, and by getting him in early and clearing out the seemingly festering back room staff, we have a great chance of being successful.
Irvine makes Pulis look like Guardiola.

sconesy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2407 on: September 14, 2014, 10:21:43 AM »

Lol, IMO from what I've seen thus far.....there isn't a manager on the Planet that could make Irvine look like Guardiola.

Baggy nerd

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2408 on: September 14, 2014, 10:22:49 AM »

Yes it has been going on for 18 months but we have had 3 managers with no previous Prem experience. It doesn't mean that the situation can't be sorted by appointing a good experienced manager.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2409 on: September 14, 2014, 10:24:30 AM »
People say his (Pulis) football is not attractive but they were ok to watch last year and rolled us over twice whilst looking entertaining in the game at Selhurst Park.

I'd rather have Jol.

Baggy nerd

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2410 on: September 14, 2014, 10:26:06 AM »
Pulis played a particular style to keep Stoke up. He did then try to move things on. Also at Palace there were signs of more football. I don't think he will always play the extreme long ball stuff he began with at Stoke. What he will always do is sort the defence out.

johhnybaggies 4life

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2411 on: September 14, 2014, 10:26:20 AM »
People say his (Pulis) football is not attractive but they were ok to watch last year and rolled us over twice whilst looking entertaining in the game at Selhurst Park.

I'd rather have Jol.

Jol!!!!? He's ****
Stick Together Through Thick And Thin

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2412 on: September 14, 2014, 10:27:18 AM »
If Jol hadn't played for us I don't think anyone would want him purely based on his reign at Fulham. But he did well at Spurs.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2413 on: September 14, 2014, 10:29:18 AM »
Jol!!!!? He's ****

That's just completely wrong. Yes he was bad in the end at Fulham, I've no idea what may have gone on there. His record EVERYWHERE else is very good. Good enough for us that's for sure!

robnewbold

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2414 on: September 14, 2014, 10:34:28 AM »
Jeremy, clear them all out, lock stock and barrel and go and get Pulis...or we are finished....and once we go down this time , there aint no easy way back.

miggybaggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2415 on: September 14, 2014, 10:36:58 AM »
I'd definitely choose Jol over Pullis. I foresee a fans poll soon!! :D

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2416 on: September 14, 2014, 10:37:40 AM »
Irvine surely has to go sooner rather than later if we are to have any hope of avoiding relegation. As for the other names being mentioned, I'm sure they would all do a better job, and equally sure that none of them would even consider working within our current set up with a DOF and 2 coaches that it is a pre-condition of any job offer that they stay.

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2417 on: September 14, 2014, 10:43:19 AM »
He was given a difficult situation with so many new players but he doesn't inspire any confidence does he? Playing devils advocate I'd argue that almost every fan would have at least 5 changes to the one that started against Everton and so too would Irvine most likely. Gamboa, Blanco, Sessegnon, Lescott, G-Mac, Varela, Mulumbu and maybe even Anichebe is some people's views would all be included as 'first teamers'.

That many players would surely make a huge difference. What gets peoples backs up is why aren't they involved? And when will they be involved? Surely is has to be soon. Our team against Burnley is more likely to closer to Irvine's team, so no excuses for that game and it's a good job because that has already become a massive game. People calling for him to go are wasting their time he'll be here a while yet.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 10:45:12 AM by KingKoren »

elmo_in_swansea

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2418 on: September 14, 2014, 11:25:38 AM »
Devils Advocat - How about this as a compromise

Downing & Kiely and anybody else in their 'gang' got rid of or as said elsewhere gardening leave or put out to grass with the kids (poor beggars - kids that is!).
Irvine kept as coach - as everybody keeps saying he is 'good' and everybody's happy on the training pitch!
Get an experienced guy in as MANAGER to kick some ass & run the show their way! Pulis/anybody's got to be better than what we're putting up with!
Orihuela CF
@elmo_in_swansea on twitter

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2419 on: September 14, 2014, 11:43:46 AM »

Downing & Kiely and anybody else in their 'gang' got rid of or as said elsewhere gardening leave or put out to grass with the kids (poor beggars - kids that is!).
Irvine kept as coach - as everybody keeps saying he is 'good' and everybody's happy on the training pitch!
Get an experienced guy in as MANAGER to kick some ass & run the show their way! Pulis/anybody's got to be better than what we're putting up with!

I'd go for that, and on your opening line, Dick Advocaat would do nicely !
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2420 on: September 14, 2014, 11:46:14 AM »

Put him in charge of the academy (best in this role in the country remember  :-X ). Can't see him keeping the respect of the first teamers if he is removed after 6/7 games.

frankieb

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #2421 on: September 14, 2014, 11:48:17 AM »
Are we not missing the point? It's Peace who is the problem. He made the appointment of AI. Sooner he goes the better.

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2422 on: September 14, 2014, 11:52:02 AM »
Are we not missing the point? It's Peace who is the problem. He made the appointment of AI. Sooner he goes the better.

I don't think anyone can really criticise Peace this summer with all the effort he's put into correcting last season's mistakes. He'll give Irvine a fair chance to prove himself.
the regime don't like it man

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2423 on: September 14, 2014, 11:53:28 AM »
Terry Burton is surely more culpable for his appointment than JP.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2424 on: September 14, 2014, 11:53:54 AM »
I don't think anyone can really criticise Peace this summer with all the effort he's put into correcting last season's mistakes. He'll give Irvine a fair chance to prove himself.

But his biggest error is Irvine, bigger than anything last season, he needs to follow suit with his summer work and pull the trigger now.