Author Topic: Alan Irvine  (Read 1759045 times)

charlebaggie

• Youth Baggie

Re: Alan Irvine sacked by Albion
« Reply #2375 on: September 13, 2014, 10:35:33 PM »

It's because we have to find someone who will work with Keily and Downing. Most head coaches / managers like to work with their own people who they know, who they trust, who are on the same wavelength.

Keily and Downing need to be shown the door as well as Irvine and it needs to happen soon before we find ourselves in serious trouble.
.    At last someone's woke up and smelt the coffee

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2376 on: September 13, 2014, 10:35:59 PM »
How true this has proven to be.

http://www.owlsonline.com/?page=forum&thread_id=31482&selpage=15&limit=15&obf=post_number&obad=ASC

Makes even worse reading now.

Paralysis by analysis anyone?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 10:38:46 PM by The Black Pearl »
Baggie in Southampton

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2377 on: September 13, 2014, 10:36:10 PM »
Burnley will be his eighth and final game.

Peace was only praising him last week, he won't get rid any time soon.
the regime don't like it man

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2378 on: September 13, 2014, 10:37:43 PM »
Peace was only praising him last week, he won't get rid any time soon.

To be fair what do you want him to say? He's not going to say "he's pooh" is he?

Andio

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2379 on: September 13, 2014, 10:42:16 PM »

http://www.owlsonline.com/?page=forum&thread_id=31482&selpage=15&limit=15&obf=post_number&obad=ASC

Paralysis by analysis anyone?

Reading that now, they were bang on!  ???

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2380 on: September 13, 2014, 10:44:18 PM »
Is Alan Irvine a Terry Burton appointment too? Was certainly signing his praises.

I think this continental set up was built around DA and without him we need to go back to the classic model. It ain't working.

I don't get this 'we need a good coach, not manager' - bull$h1t.

Coaches don't pick teams, chose tactics, make substitutions and take actions that influence games. Managers do.

Coaches work on the training ground. Points are won on the pitch.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #2381 on: September 13, 2014, 10:45:19 PM »

There was similar comments posted on their other forum Owlstalk which I visit.

Infact, my Wednesday friends felt so sorry for me that they shall be buying me a pint on Tuesday.

Surely to god so many people from several different clubs saying exactly the same things should ring home by now?
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

spencer Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2382 on: September 13, 2014, 10:53:23 PM »
I don't see us winning the next two games. Therefore I expect him to be relieved of his duties for the international break.

I hope for the love of all that is holy, that Keith Downing and Deano go too. Complete clear out.

I've said elsewhere this evening, a manager with a bit of passion wouldn't go a miss. That's why so many fans took to Pepe imo.
Winning is the ability to go from one defeat to another with no loss of enthusiasm - Churchill.

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2383 on: September 13, 2014, 11:25:07 PM »
Is Alan Irvine a Terry Burton appointment too? Was certainly signing his praises.

I think this continental set up was built around DA and without him we need to go back to the classic model. It ain't working.

I don't get this 'we need a good coach, not manager' - bull$h1t.

Coaches don't pick teams, chose tactics, make substitutions and take actions that influence games. Managers do.

Coaches work on the training ground. Points are won on the pitch.
Completely agree. We won't attract anyone decent without allowing them to bring in their own people. Sherwood wouldn't do it. Moyes wouldn't do it. Pepe Mel tried to compromise and reach a middle ground, but got ganged up on. We have tried the DOF/Continuity experiment and it hasn't worked. Time for a clear out and a return to a more traditional model.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2384 on: September 13, 2014, 11:40:10 PM »
Like I've stated before, we finished 17th last season and have been in poor form for around 18 months now and have signed 11 new players who the majority aren't match fit yet. To expect Irvine to fix this team in four games is simply not going to happen.

I understand that, but it still doesn't excuse his formations/tactics/philosophy. The new manager this season was never going to be a miracle worker, but it still doesn't excuse or justify how bad he's been this season.

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2385 on: September 13, 2014, 11:50:59 PM »
I'd go as far as saying that AI is the worst appointment we could possibly have gone for. As names were being mentioned at the time, I remember thinking "I hope we don't get him..." and then out of no where, this clown pops up. And on a 12 month contract too - if that isn't saying "you only have ten games to impress" then I don't know what is.

Awful awful awful appointment. Needs to go.

swad35

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2386 on: September 13, 2014, 11:57:52 PM »
I understand that, but it still doesn't excuse his formations/tactics/philosophy. The new manager this season was never going to be a miracle worker, but it still doesn't excuse or justify how bad he's been this season.

Would agree. It's almost coaching by numbers. For example corners lumped in for Olsen and Dawson (apparently according to the commentator yesterday Olsen hasn't scored from a corner at home for four years) players taking shots from 30 40 yards out eg Gardners effort yesterday and Dorrans previously, keep possession even if it has to go backwards and our centre halfs try and pick a run upfront which often goes out for a goal kick. I am no expert in football coaching but after watching every game this season I have not seen anything to make me think he has made a difference on the training ground.

As for his subs I held back criticism after the Sunderland game to give him a chance but subs far to late on again yesterday and as for Brunt can this bloke not see what a large amount of fans see, his performances have been poor.

bangkokbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2387 on: September 14, 2014, 12:02:53 AM »
Makes me laugh when some kind of defend Irvine by stating that bedding in new players takes time when hardly any of them have yet to start a game. yesterday the 2 full-backs were forced due to departures last season and Bobby probably was only called up because sick note Anichebe was out again.

I am a bit skeptical about the match fitness excuse. It seems that Irvine is afraid to change things much and the rumours of Downing and other untouchables won't go away.

wbastrollers

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2388 on: September 14, 2014, 12:03:12 AM »
Like I've stated before, we finished 17th last season and have been in poor form for around 18 months now and have signed 11 new players who the majority aren't match fit yet. To expect Irvine to fix this team in four games is simply not going to happen.

I repeat 'fiddling while Rome burns' How long do we wait till everyone is fit,meanwhile we become marooned, drifting relentlessly towards the Championship.

boing_boing68

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2389 on: September 14, 2014, 12:05:04 AM »
Of course he isn't being sacked, the players and chairman and coaching staff are happy
Baggie Terra

boing_boing68

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2390 on: September 14, 2014, 12:16:46 AM »
Makes me laugh when some kind of defend Irvine by stating that bedding in new players takes time when hardly any of them have yet to start a game. yesterday the 2 full-backs were forced due to departures last season and Bobby probably was only called up because sick note Anichebe was out again.

I am a bit skeptical about the match fitness excuse. It seems that Irvine is afraid to change things much and the rumours of Downing and other untouchables won't go away.

I don't get this 'they aren't match fit' argument, every other team has signed players who have played in the World Cup yet they can still play at the moment and I doubt half of them had a full pre season, and how exactly do players get 'match fit' if they aren't even playing matches?
Baggie Terra

AlbionDaz

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2391 on: September 14, 2014, 01:09:48 AM »
I was watching AI for a few minutes whilst the pigeons had flew to the other stand,he was just standing there arms folded,almost statuesque,anyway something in the dugout caught my eye,bit of activity and then someone got up and went over to AI,he listened nodded his head and then the 1st sub got brought on.
Who the feck is in charge on match day ?

chipperclark

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2392 on: September 14, 2014, 01:40:25 AM »
 :o please get Pulis in to manage the team with tactics etc
Leave Irvine as a coach.
Get rid of the deadwood in the coaching department who have been there 5 years too long.
Games are running out as we speak.
What a mess we are in
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 03:07:30 AM by Quakes Fan »

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2393 on: September 14, 2014, 06:13:21 AM »
Look at the bench from yesterday, there's 5 defensive players including the GK. Add that to a shockingly defensive team selection and you can see why fans are frustrated. Alan irvine is a joke of a manager/head coach. Awful appointment. Absolutely farcical. Will be gone very soon, he had a chance to throw in gamboa, blanco and lescott yesterday and bottles upsetting some of the bigger players. We'll be down this season.

Sessegod

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2394 on: September 14, 2014, 08:26:12 AM »
I think it's becoming more apparent by the day that we are heading in the direction Wolves did and it took two relegations before the powers realised that they had to get rid of the deadwood coaches and players.

We had an ideal opportunity this summer to do it and what has happened has been a colossal ef up.

Pulis isn't everyones choice and he wouldn't get on with JP, but at the end of the day he would sort the defence out and instil some passion.

Lets face it the 'everyone is happy in training' club is not working, it's too soft and it's too easy for them. We have players guaranteed a place in the team whether they deserve it or not and it's been like that for 18 months+, their egos have well and truly massaged.

The head coach system and the club structure worked when we had DA involved, he had the vision and he made it work, since his departure the club have been aimless and clueless as we didn't recruit properly to replace him. That's where this downward spiral started.

Even Cillit would have banged that one in..

gavinrussell

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2395 on: September 14, 2014, 08:27:02 AM »
Its going to be a race to see who has a new manager first...us or Newcastle..but i expect them to appoint Moyes soon and us to wait until another Championship manager is available and happy to work with The dynamic duo Downing and Kiely

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2396 on: September 14, 2014, 09:04:28 AM »
Not wishing to be other clubs, but when you see similar sized clubs like Southampton and Swansea GET IT SO RIGHT, why the hell do we get it so wrong?

Baggy nerd

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2397 on: September 14, 2014, 09:35:32 AM »
Not wishing to be other clubs, but when you see similar sized clubs like Southampton and Swansea GET IT SO RIGHT, why the hell do we get it so wrong?
Southampton have had a good couple of seasons but don't forget they were in League 1 recently. They have also had owners with some financial clout. Swansea have definitely got it right - they spend their TV money well and recruit good managers.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2398 on: September 14, 2014, 09:41:57 AM »
I like to give anybody a chance but I just can't see this getting any better under AI, I just get the feeling things are far to soft behind the scenes.
I haven't seen us play with a bit of fight yet, shocking and as i said at the time Pre season performances and results are an indication of the season ahead.
There is nothing to give me hope this will get better....
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

johhnybaggies 4life

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2399 on: September 14, 2014, 09:47:45 AM »
Have any of you seen how Brendan Rodgers is with his players, he whips them in shape, sterling was hobby once and Rodgers basically said I'll **** your career up unless you grow up, and he said to ballotelli last week, I need you to mark on corners, and mario said sorry I don't mark, and Rodgers said, we'll you do know and guess what? He did,

What we need is a no nonsense manager like this
Stick Together Through Thick And Thin