Author Topic: Alan Irvine  (Read 1758922 times)

Westie

• Youth Baggie

Re: Alan Irvine sacked by Albion
« Reply #375 on: June 14, 2014, 11:14:18 PM »
My support for WBA has been all that has retained my interest in football for some time now. I loathe a lot of the people involved in football, I loathe the continual cheating, I loathe the greedy, thick players (not all are) Nd above all, I loathe FIFA and all it stands for. Therefore, I am not in the least interested in the World Cup. Oh, nearly forgot, I loathe Jeremy Peace for conning me out of the money I paid for a season ticket. My heart told me to buy, my head said NO; the heart won. BIG MISTAKE. Maybe I'll just write it off as money down the drain and not bother going to The Hawthorns any more until Peace is gone. Outraged.

botters

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #376 on: June 14, 2014, 11:14:28 PM »
Roy Hodgson was drummed out of Liverpool because he didn't have the respect of the players or fans but worked out well for us and now is England coach. Give him a chance.

With respect to Irvine there is a huge difference in coaching and management experience between Hodgson and Irvine. Hodgson has coached and managed at International level, Top European club level and Premier league level and remind me where Irvine has coached and managed.

charlebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #377 on: June 14, 2014, 11:20:25 PM »
This is my only comment I'm going to make on this subject . But the guys who were saying Roy Hodgson  might just have a point . He just could be keeping the seat warm for Roy when the World Cup is over and he's had a break .After all it is only a 12 mth rolling contract ( Let's Hope)

Foreverbaggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #378 on: June 14, 2014, 11:20:57 PM »
So booing from the first day of Irvine being in charge will help will it ? , he has been bought in for reasons JP and Burton believe in.....as i say if it doesn't work out fair enough but i will give it a fair chance.
Lets see if some of our players improve (Mulumbu for one) under Irvine and his alledged coaching talent.
Who said anything about booing, I certainly didn't.

As I said earlier, would be very surprised now if the likes of mule but bother to stick around, Irvine has a very bad reputation among many players and agents, so expect a bit of an exodus

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #379 on: June 14, 2014, 11:23:51 PM »
Last season many raved about Rodgers at Liverpool yet people forget he struggled at Watford for a while , left for Reading and got sacked 6 months later before getting a surprise chance at Swansea and the rest we know.
Clearly the fact he followed Martinez and was left with a half decent side shows he could be more successful with better players , maybe if we are lucky the same will happen Irvine.....but he has to be given a fair chance first by all IMO.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Foreverbaggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #380 on: June 14, 2014, 11:23:59 PM »
Yet we still pulled in Lugano , Sinclair , Anelka , Morgan , Anichebe , Sess........not one of those would be cheap on wages or fees.
WHAT!!!!

And they were badly judged, not a decent one amongst them, just goes to show how bad we were, now about to get a whole lot worse.

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #381 on: June 14, 2014, 11:24:57 PM »

As I said earlier, would be very surprised now if the likes of mule but bother to stick around, Irvine has a very bad reputation among many players and agents, so expect a bit of an exodus

Mule but? That's no way to,speak about Jonas.
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

Foreverbaggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #382 on: June 14, 2014, 11:26:19 PM »
Last season many raved about Rodgers at Liverpool yet people forget he struggled at Watford for a while , left for Reading and got sacked 6 months later before getting a surprise chance at Swansea and the rest we know.
Clearly the fact he followed Martinez and was left with a half decent side shows he could be more successful with better players , maybe if we are lucky the same will happen Irvine.....but he has to be given a fair chance first by all IMO.

Ar but at least he had some decent experience behind him, this guy hasn't even been a first team coach for 3-4 years.

This is Peaces choice Irvine has got to EARN any respect

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #383 on: June 14, 2014, 11:27:55 PM »

Yet already a few of his former players have spoken in favour of him , to be fair he won't be dealing with agents. Booing maybe was the wrong word , your previous post was negative towards Irvine when i said he should at least be given a chance.

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #384 on: June 14, 2014, 11:28:44 PM »

Fair point, but that doesn't mean we have to start by writing him off and deriding him.
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #385 on: June 14, 2014, 11:30:22 PM »
Ar but at least he had some decent experience behind him, this guy hasn't even been a first team coach for 3-4 years.

Quite agree as i said to you earlier JP and Burton have put themselves in the firing line now , yes Irvine has got to earn respect but he should also be given the CHANCE to earn that respect.

bangkokbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #386 on: June 14, 2014, 11:30:44 PM »
Having just woken up to the news and not yet gone through all the posts, quite unbelievable. Contradicts what Peace said he wanted a few weeks ago.

It just confirms even more that the club set up is all Championship. Suspect that very few more season tickets will be sold now. We can't attract coaches of any worth (RH was tipped off and a stepping stone to the England job I am convinced).

Oh, and that word 'delighted' used again by the spin artists at the club.

Let's see if the new coach and club prove me wrong.

weareblueweare white

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #387 on: June 14, 2014, 11:36:50 PM »
Some of the early names mentioned, Jol Malkay Hughton who I wouldn't have wanted I would take now over this

Foreverbaggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #388 on: June 14, 2014, 11:38:40 PM »
Quite agree as i said to you earlier JP and Burton have put themselves in the firing line now , yes Irvine has got to earn respect but he should also be given the CHANCE to earn that respect.
Bugger and now Italy score.

JP has gone way past the firing line, according to some fans he has lied or at best misled us into thinking we could get better.

Seriously it is beyond the pale and just not in anyway acceptable, and he should have made a better appointment.

And boing boing we are drawing

bangkokbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #389 on: June 14, 2014, 11:46:20 PM »
And to add many of you guys who renewed season tickets must be regretting it now.

Foreverbaggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #390 on: June 14, 2014, 11:49:15 PM »
Fair point, but that doesn't mean we have to start by writing him off and deriding him.
I think as fans we deserve, and we're led to believe we would get better than we have.

Fans are basing their thoughts on his track record, two season of taking clubs backwards, at lower levels. Three seasons out of front line management, and a very poor reputation of man management, so I think he has a long way to go to prove himself.

We didn't appoint, we didn't t ask from him.

He applied for the job, so he is the one that has it all to prove, as baggies fans we have not had the best of seasons.

Having said that we are still in the prem., however so were wolves, then they made a load of silly managerial decision and look where that got them, so naturally as fans we are very very very concerned.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 11:51:22 PM by Foreverbaggie »

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #391 on: June 14, 2014, 11:49:35 PM »

JP has gone way past the firing line, according to some fans he has lied or at best misled us into thinking we could get better.

Seriously it is beyond the pale and just not in anyway acceptable, and he should have made a better appointment.

Again i agree with you , the Irvine appointment will either be a disaster or master stroke to be honest.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #392 on: June 14, 2014, 11:52:43 PM »

If he'd made a decent appointment England would have our undivided attention right now.

SERIOUSLY this appointment is lousy, don't try and dress it up. If Irvine does well for us I will eat a number of hats for you all no problem.

The BIGGEST part of this is undoubtedly is Peace talking utter pooh - paraphrasing here but
1. I've learned my lesson
2. We need someone with Premiership experience/ someone with quality to operate at this level.

You talk utter rubbish Peace and I will not be happy now until you had gone for good. Along with Pinky and Perky.

God this club is several shades of screwed.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

Foreverbaggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #393 on: June 14, 2014, 11:52:58 PM »
Again i agree with you , the Irvine appointment will either be a disaster or master stroke to be honest.
Appointments always are, but some are more predictable than others, and our last two appointments were not good enough, and now we go for a man with even less experience, beggars belief.

Foreverbaggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #394 on: June 14, 2014, 11:56:32 PM »
If he'd made a decent appointment England would have our undivided attention right now.

SERIOUSLY this appointment is lousy, don't try and dress it up. If Irvine does well for us I will eat a number of hats for you all no problem.

The BIGGEST part of this is undoubtedly is Peace talking utter pooh - paraphrasing here but
1. I've learned my lesson
2. We need someone with Premiership experience/ someone with quality to operate at this level.

You talk utter rubbish Peace and I will not be happy now until you had gone for good. Along with Pinky and Perky.

God this club is several shades of screwed.

Here here, I just have no appetite for the England game, I am still fuming and annoyed.

16000 fans have been duped, yes most of us probably would have renewed even if we signed Steve bull as coach, maybe not, but it is the absolute contempt that pEace and his sidekick treat the honest hard working fan with.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #395 on: June 14, 2014, 11:58:47 PM »
Appointments always are, but some are more predictable than others, and our last two appointments were not good enough, and now we go for a man with even less experience, beggars belief.
All i can say is they must have a reason , i know they say about his excellent coaching so i hope to see Morrison , Brunt and especially Mulumbu find the form us Baggies fans know they have shown in the past..
Fly or die really on this one although i suspect JP knows he can turn to Burton and Downing if the worst happens

Foreverbaggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #396 on: June 15, 2014, 12:03:41 AM »
All i can say is they must have a reason , i know they say about his excellent coaching so i hope to see Morrison , Brunt and especially Mulumbu find the form us Baggies fans know they have shown in the past..
Fly or die really on this one although i suspect JP knows he can turn to Burton and Downing if the worst happens
As I say I wouldn't be surprised to see Mulumbu, Brunt and Morrison, even Foster engineer a move away now.

Mulumbu was far from happy before this appointment, god knows what he is thinking now.

BTW didn't rate Burtons appointment anyway, think he might be being used a future excuse/shield for any flak heading peace's way

You ever get the idea that Peace might be going down the Vile route, not signing any decent players, and going down the cheap academy route?

That what it smells of to me.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 12:09:51 AM by Quakes Fan »

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #397 on: June 15, 2014, 12:15:54 AM »
As I say I wouldn't be surprised to see Mulumbu, Brunt and Morrison, even Foster engineer a move away now.

Mulumbu was far from happy before this appointment, god knows what he is thinking now.

BTW didn't rate Burtons appointment anyway, think he might be being used a future excuse/shield for any flak heading peace's way

You ever get the idea that Peace might be going down the Vile route, not signing any decent players, and going down the cheap academy route?

That what it smells of to me.

Agreed.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #398 on: June 15, 2014, 12:25:26 AM »
How can this be a masterstroke its pure cheap and utter desperation because no1 choice new he couldnt work with peace
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #399 on: June 15, 2014, 12:27:07 AM »
 :o this has to be a bad joke peace has to go what the foooook planet is this bloke on and does he give a toss about our club or fans relagation is the only word I can think of