Author Topic: Alan Irvine  (Read 1759082 times)

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

Re: Alan Irvine sacked by Albion
« Reply #250 on: June 14, 2014, 08:27:47 PM »
i dont think we will have problems in attracting new players as there are managers such as monk for swansea
I'd rather have a Shaolin Monk as our manager than Irvine.

Tony Goddens Gloves

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #251 on: June 14, 2014, 08:28:40 PM »
Email just sent to Peace to vent my anger.

FACT I will not return my season ticket
FACT I will support MY team
FACT. No one will be singing Alan Irvine's barmy army
FACT  Jeremy Peace won't read the emails, Won't care about supporters feelings, thoughts, comments. 16,000 refunds so what a drop in the ocean to the money he has taken over the last 10 years
FACT I am so fking drunk off it is untrue

He will be gone by Xmas..we will be relegated...we would have failed to attract any decent players..our football will be awful..please wake me from this nightmare...I haven't felt this bad since Buckley / Little / Smith / Gould

yiannos

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #252 on: June 14, 2014, 08:30:17 PM »
i'd rather have had Kaiafas from cyprus than this no hoper!

IrememberJohnny Nicholls

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #253 on: June 14, 2014, 08:31:09 PM »

His stats are not bad when you look at them quickly

They are also not bad when you look at them slowly ;D

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #254 on: June 14, 2014, 08:32:55 PM »
Well I knew left field was certainly possible but this is a bit out there. I think he is a coach in the Hodgson mold detailed in preparation and drilling his charges to be well organised. It will not be pretty (Hodgson wasn't) anyone who was championing Moyes can't complain about the football because it is going to be Moyesesque under Irvine.

It is done he might not be anyone's first choice but there is little or no point not getting behind him and the team. 
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Lib

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #255 on: June 14, 2014, 08:33:17 PM »
Smells like relegation. Won't attract any decent players.

However, I'd expect the same (relegation) with Sherwood as well (sacked by Chrtistmas).
Pulis are very intelligent and fairly easy to train if you are consistent and kind in your methods. Training should begin right away. Well-trained Pulis excel in agility and obedience.

Andzy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #256 on: June 14, 2014, 08:33:23 PM »
First time today I've logged in and to find that Alan Irvine has been appointed head coach stunned me I'm actually ready to cry atm.
What a shocking appointment 4 weeks for this are they ******* serious.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 08:34:59 PM by LiamTheBaggie »

Tony Goddens Gloves

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #257 on: June 14, 2014, 08:34:38 PM »

You would be able to read them quick because non of the stats are from the Premier League

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #258 on: June 14, 2014, 08:34:56 PM »

It is done he might not be anyone's first choice but there is little or no point not getting behind him and the team.

Absolutely right. Emotions rule right now, but hopefully we'll all back him come August.
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

hunsletbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #259 on: June 14, 2014, 08:35:10 PM »
 I really didn't expect any think less from our muppet of a chairman we are an absolute joke.

wba1993dave

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #260 on: June 14, 2014, 08:35:20 PM »
Really shocked by this but their is nothing we can do, Irvine is our new gaffer and that is that. His 2 spells as manager were bad but maybe with better players it might work.Maybe in a years time we will look like idiots , I know wishful thinking.
BOING BOING

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #261 on: June 14, 2014, 08:36:55 PM »
Well I knew left field was certainly possible but this is a bit out there. I think he is a coach in the Hodgson mold detailed in preparation and drilling his charges to be well organised. It will not be pretty (Hodgson wasn't) anyone who was championing Moyes can't complain about the football because it is going to be Moyesesque under Irvine.

In the Hodgson mould oh please. Roy had managed at international level and all over Europe this bloke wasnt good enough for us 5 years ago  and we are supposed to have improved and be a more attractive proposition now!!
p.s Koeman speaks English!!
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

cheesyknackers

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #262 on: June 14, 2014, 08:37:07 PM »
If you speed read Irvins stats whilst p1ssed then they are not too bad.

mr multivac

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #263 on: June 14, 2014, 08:37:46 PM »
Absolutely gutted ,renewed three season tickets if I'd seen this coming I would not of bothered ,god knows how I'm going to drag myself out the wagon Hope Powell would of got more positive response  unlike Clarke he hasn't even got a decent team to mess up ,he will be gone by October and Keith will be in charge and jps master plan is completed

Do I not like Wolves

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #264 on: June 14, 2014, 08:38:33 PM »
Smells like relegation. Won't attract any decent players.

However, I'd expect the same (relegation) with Sherwood as well (sacked by Chrtistmas).
I think Sherwood would have commanded more respect and brought much needed player discipline which lacked mainly due to Downing I suspect. Sherwood also stood a better chance of getting better players in. You can imagine the the calls:-
AI - Hi Alan Irvine here
Potential player - who?!!!
"It is the tradition of the club and the fans in which we trust"

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #265 on: June 14, 2014, 08:39:25 PM »
Got to give him a chance , difference is with us he will be head coach Not  a manager , it would appear Burton will have much more of an active role than Garlick did so i hope that will help.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #266 on: June 14, 2014, 08:39:33 PM »
They are also not bad when you look at them slowly ;D

My league stats as manager last season:

Played 20
Won 18
Drew 1
lost 1
Scored 118
Conceded 19

Perhaps I should have applied for the job at the Albion.

Fairly certain I would be cheaper than Irvine, and I'd even go so far as to say fans would have been happier with the appointment than we are tonight.

Not happy!  >:(
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #267 on: June 14, 2014, 08:40:33 PM »
Sherwood would have been a far better appointment than Irvine, no contest.

IrememberJohnny Nicholls

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #268 on: June 14, 2014, 08:41:01 PM »

You would be able to read them quick because non of the stats are from the Premier League

Neither were the players he had at his disposal.

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #269 on: June 14, 2014, 08:42:01 PM »
Terry McDermott and Shaun StLedger both saying he's a top coach and a good appointment. Guess they may know more than a lot of us.
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

cheesyknackers

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #270 on: June 14, 2014, 08:42:57 PM »
Hes not even a well known Alan in the football world.

Alan Shearer
Alan Hansen
Alan Smith
Alan Pardew
Alan Partridge  :)
Alan Irvine

Rheneas

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #271 on: June 14, 2014, 08:43:29 PM »
What's done is done. I hope he does well for his sake but most obviously for ours and the club's.

JP is guilty of thinking with his wallet rather than his brain. 

(Then Chairman) Sid Lucas back in 86 telling Ron Saunders to trim the wage bill comes to mind. Out went decent players, in came the cheap replacements, and we all know how that ended.

Peace has gone for the cheap option because he feels that's the wisest course of action, but the irony he probably can't see is that it's ended up in him making a massive financial gamble, because there's nothing in this appointment that suggests to me we'll be guaranteed safe next season.

But there you go.

Come on you Baggie Boys.

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #272 on: June 14, 2014, 08:43:42 PM »

While I like reading your posts as they are always detailed and concise, I strongly disagree with there being no point in getting behind "Him" and the team. Irvine has done nothing to justify his job with WBA and if we keep accepting the ***t that is drip fed to us, then we'll keep getting bent over and shafted. Regardless of who we sign, in the summer, we have appointed a manager who has failed in lower leagues than where we ply our trade. This is the final straw for me, we need Peace out ASAP. It is going to be mission impossible, but while he is running this club he will only ever take us one way from now, with his attitude and "beliefs"...... DOWN.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #273 on: June 14, 2014, 08:44:46 PM »
Just a small selection but hardly a glowing reference.
Thanks for collating those, Liam. We were hoping someone would be brought in who would unite the fans, but not in this way....

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #274 on: June 14, 2014, 08:45:35 PM »
Terry McDermott and Shaun StLedger both saying he's a top coach and a good appointment.

Oh good. We can all sleep easy now.  ::)