Author Topic: OUT ON LOAN THREAD  (Read 259207 times)

Baggies54

• Junior Baggie

Re: OUT ON LOAN THREAD
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2012, 05:06:54 PM »
Saido grabs 2 goals as Peterborough beat Derby 3-0....my Posh mate is absolutely raving about him....
"Scientific criticism has no nobler task than to shatter false beliefs".......

Dudleylad

• WBA Chairman

« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2012, 05:18:29 PM »
I do think he will be one here that actually makes it with us.

Its just about developing him and we are doing that very well at the moment.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2012, 05:25:31 PM »
I do think he will be one here that actually makes it with us.

Its just about developing him and we are doing that very well at the moment.
Trying not to get carried away but i think we have a chance with Saido, he has come a long way already from his loan spell at Northampton a while back.His control has really improved as has his awareness on the ball, will be interesting to hear from a few of my Posh work mates.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2012, 05:38:04 PM »
Just heard Saido's first goal was soft(keeper error),the second well taken and for the second game running he got man of the match.Not bad for only his second start at that level. :D
View from a Posh fan for those who dont know much about Saido...
"Really like the look of Berahino his first touch and hold play is superb, he never stops harrying defenders and deservedly got the bit of luck with the first goal after earlier hitting the bar and the second was a top finish CMS style".
CMS being Craig Makail Smith , former Posh now at Brighton.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 06:24:19 PM by OldburyWBA »

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2012, 07:01:04 PM »
Why are people so quick to write off Wood? What other 20-year old in the UK has his goal scoring record in the Championship?

I believe there is something there. His upside seems to be a goal scoring MAF, which isn't too bad is it?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 11:38:24 PM by GrGr »

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2012, 07:04:15 PM »
Just heard Saido's first goal was soft(keeper error),the second well taken and for the second game running he got man of the match.Not bad for only his second start at that level. :D
View from a Posh fan for those who dont know much about Saido...
"Really like the look of Berahino his first touch and hold play is superb, he never stops harrying defenders and deservedly got the bit of luck with the first goal after earlier hitting the bar and the second was a top finish CMS style".
CMS being Craig Makail Smith , former Posh now at Brighton.

If Saido develops the work ethic of Shane Long and the finishing ability of Defoe and SKP, we will have one hell of a player :D

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2012, 07:12:15 PM »
If Saido develops the work ethic of Shane Long and the finishing ability of Defoe and SKP, we will have one hell of a player :D
Or learns the work ethic of Long,the skill's of Odemwingie and the hold up of Fortune then we are laughing! ;D

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2012, 07:17:42 PM »
Why are people so quick to write off Wood? Which other 20-year old in the UK has his goal scoring record in the Championship?

I believe there is something there. His upside seems to be a goal scoring MAF, which isn't too bad is it?
I agree with this, Wood has scored goals wherever he has been in the lower leagues plus goals at International level and in the Europa Cup.He certainly seems to have the knack of being in the right place at the right time,sadly due to lack of pace i don't think he fits in with Clarke's Albion at the minute but he has something to offer someone maybe in the top flight.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2012, 10:08:59 PM »
Really pleased to see Wood score twice again today.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2012, 02:52:54 AM »
Peterborough boss Darren Ferguson vowed to make extending striker Saido Berahino's loan a priority after seeing the teenager fire the club out of the relegation zone.

The frontman, borrowed from West Brom until January, put the seal on a 3-0 home win over 10-man Derby with two late goals after captain Michael Bostwick had set them on their way.

Ferguson said: "Saido is only 19 but he is already a very good player. He is intelligent, caused Derby problems all afternoon and fully deserved his goals.

"We have already asked the question about whether we can extend the loan to the end of the season.

"Saido is loving life here and Steve Clarke, the West Brom manager, knows he is being well looked after.

"We've won four of our last six matches and the players deserve an awful lot of credit for showing real bottle in a tough situation.

"Some people were already thinking we were down and out and there were a lot of tough questions being asked, but we have showed what we are capable of doing when playing to the right standard."

http://www.teamtalk.com/peterborough-united/8200174/Peterborough-boss-Darren-Ferguson-hails-Saido-Berahino-after-3-0-win-over-Derby
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 03:53:45 AM by GrGr »

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2012, 03:57:38 AM »
Manager Kenny Jackett was thrilled to see Millwall extend their unbeaten run in the Championship to six games with a 4-0 mauling of Huddersfield.

Striker Chris Wood took his Lions tally to five goals since arriving on loan in September with a brace either side of the break, while James Henry and Liam Trotter added goals after 78 and 87 minutes respectively.

"The result pleases me a lot. It was a tight game for quite a long time and I couldn't necessarily see the 4-0 coming," said Jackett.

"The second goal was a very good goal from our point of view after we'd been under a bit of pressure and I think that's what killed the game off. I couldn't see us losing once we'd got that second.

"I thought Darius Henderson was terrific up front. He hasn't got on the scoresheet himself but his link-up play with Chris Wood was really good.

"Chris is a goalscorer and he has produced two very good finishes today but I think even he will say that he has got the perfect foil in Darius.

"We have got Chris on loan from West Brom but there has been no dialogue between the two clubs as yet about that going any further.

"I've read in the press that Chris has said he's pleased to be here and that's nice for me to read.

"He's been on loan at one or two clubs before but maybe not played as much as he has done here. We're glad to have him."

http://www.teamtalk.com/millwall/8200112/Millwall-boss-Kenny-Jackett-purrs-after-4-0-rout-of-Huddersfield

----

Looks like Chris needs to be set up by teammates but if he is he will  take care of the business. He played well when Chris Burke et al were setting him up at Birmingham, but (I suspect) faltered a bit when he played with a far weaker team in Bristol City.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 04:10:09 AM by GrGr »

Floydy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2012, 06:54:00 AM »
Saido has scored 2 goals today.

Our most exciting prospect in my opinion.

I know he buffered up my 9 team accumulator   >:(

Seriously though... I have high hopes for Saido
Twitter: @floydy1983

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2012, 09:03:23 AM »
I'm really pleased that Sadio socred twice Yesterday too,  12 goals in just 21 starts so far a pretty impressive start for him.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2012, 12:48:44 PM »
Scott Allan moved back to Pompey

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/LatestNews/news/Allan-Back-At-Pompey-3842.aspx

I would have hoped he had got a berth at a championship side given he did well for them last year.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #64 on: October 29, 2012, 12:55:04 PM »
http://www.wba.co.uk//news/article/allan-rejoins-pompey-454250.aspx

SCOTT Allan has rejoined Portsmouth on a 28-day loan.

The Baggies midfielder goes straight into the Pompey squad for tonight’s game at Sheffield United.

Allan made four appearances on loan for MK Dons in September, and now returns to Fratton Park for a second spell after scoring once in 15 Championship starts for them last term.

He will also come up against Brentford, Bury, Doncaster, Leyton Orient and Coventry in League One fixtures for the South Coast outfit this time round.

Dudleylad

• WBA Chairman

« Reply #65 on: October 29, 2012, 01:45:14 PM »
A good safe loan by the club under a manager we know can develop players.  You would think we will utilise this fact over the next few years.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #66 on: October 29, 2012, 02:36:59 PM »
Watching the Pompey game tonight, hope he has a good game.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #67 on: October 29, 2012, 03:19:26 PM »
Good to see our youngsters doing well! I wouldnt want to write Wood off for us but i think the problem he seems to have is he takes a few games to get going and playing well, the ability is there, but as quite often with big players they need a run of games to get going not 5 to 10 mins as a sub here and then, thats the same reason i think Thorne would benefit from playing matches every week too on loan somewhere.

Unfortunately for either of them i just cant see him getting that run of games in the Premiership barring a massive injury crisis, i think both Wood and Thorne are good players but just cant see them getting that opportunity. Berainho seems to be a sharp, quick goalscorer and you could probably see him being on a sub to ease him way into the team on the basis you know he may nick a goal, he seems that sort of player!

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #68 on: October 29, 2012, 03:33:51 PM »
Berahino looks to be a real talent. Hoping to perhaps see him in a baggies shirt in some capacity towards the end of the season if we are in good shape. Wood scores goals wherever he goes in the Championship but its a massive step up to the PL so whether he would carry the same threat there is open to conjecture

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #69 on: October 29, 2012, 08:17:44 PM »
Scott Allan in action tonight and looking very impressive. Worth a watch if you can.

Best player on the pitch at the minute.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

DownInAlbion

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #70 on: October 29, 2012, 08:21:31 PM »
Scott Allan in action tonight and looking very impressive. Worth a watch if you can.

Totally agree! having a fantastic game so far. very tidy feet

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #71 on: October 29, 2012, 08:23:33 PM »

First time i've seen him and he looks amazing, far too good for this level if he can keep this up.

How he hasnt gone to the championship I don't know. After his 28 days get him to Peterborough with Berahino!

BaggieBirdRus

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #72 on: October 30, 2012, 09:34:55 AM »
How did Allen do then? Didn't watch the game but heard he was very impressive.
Ohhhhh Albion we love you!

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2012, 10:26:11 AM »
Very good first half faded/tired in the 2nd,was clearly the most talented individual on the pitch just had the odd lapse in passing without looking.
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #74 on: November 03, 2012, 04:37:55 PM »
Scott Allan has been sent off for Portsmouth

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom