Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 850815 times)

Windmill Baggy

• Junior Baggie

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #2550 on: January 12, 2019, 06:04:10 PM »
HRK/Jrod but especially HRK offer very little goal threat, Take Jrods pens away and his not even double figures, Let alone he just runs around and less said about HRK's goal record the better, I said before the game Barnes/Gayle was carrying us. Now we have only Gayle and he plays out wide!

Big Dave too nice and will babble on about learning and improving while analysing the game etc. Make subs earlier, Used to drive me mad under Roy aswell.

I just find this view to be ridiculous. Philips is more important than both. JROD has had an excellent season and performs an important role. Barry has stepped up and looks a different class in midfield. Also with the signing of Holgate we now arguably have the best back four in the division. Johnstone may be no Foster but he is as good as any keeper in this league. Despite losing both Barnes and Philips and with other injuries/suspensions we were still unfortunate not to beat the team who before today were second in the league. We're not being carried by two players by any means, we are one of the top sides in the division.

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2551 on: January 12, 2019, 06:17:05 PM »
Matt Wilson asked him about lack of subs, Moore's response: "Hindsight is a great thing".

Doesn't help himself does he? I can see it in real time, why can't he? Why can he only see it with hindsight when it's his job? I saw it against Brentford as well, we were desperate for a sub, Mozza could barely move and it ends up costing us. I said it would be his downfall on here after that game and nothing has changed.

It's why I don't think he's going to make it in the long run, I've seen too many characteristics ingrained in his management style that are holding us back. The 3 teams above us have worse squads, but far better head coaches who utilise everything at their disposal to get results.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2552 on: January 12, 2019, 06:24:21 PM »
Absolute nail on the head.

I got shot down for saying all this about 2 weeks ago.

cheesyknackers

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2553 on: January 12, 2019, 06:28:03 PM »
Matt Wilson asked him about lack of subs, Moore's response: "Hindsight is a great thing".

Doesn't help himself does he? I can see it in real time, why can't he? Why can he only see it with hindsight when it's his job? I saw it against Brentford as well, we were desperate for a sub, Mozza could barely move and it ends up costing us. I said it would be his downfall on here after that game and nothing has changed.

It's why I don't think he's going to make it in the long run, I've seen too many characteristics ingrained in his management style that are holding us back. The 3 teams above us have worse squads, but far better head coaches who utilise everything at their disposal to get results.

Totally agree . We should have won this game , legs had gone well before the equaliser...
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 08:31:28 PM by OldburyWBA »

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2554 on: January 12, 2019, 06:49:00 PM »
Bench is terrible, he has no real quality options.

I depth of squad is not great, despite what most think.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2555 on: January 12, 2019, 07:15:04 PM »
There was literally no one on the bench to bring on to sure up the midfield (and keep control better than Barry and Brunt were).

Lack of subs didn't cost us today. A silly forwards tackle and numerous missed chances did.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2556 on: January 12, 2019, 07:19:27 PM »
There was literally no one on the bench to bring on to sure up the midfield (and keep control better than Barry and Brunt were).

Lack of subs didn't cost us today. A silly forwards tackle and numerous missed chances did.

I tend to agree with you that we were limited with our options today.

At the time I thought Johnstone should've stopped the goal but need to see it back first to confirm that. Dunno how you saw it? 

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2557 on: January 12, 2019, 07:23:11 PM »

I tend to agree with you that we were limited with our options today.

At the time I thought Johnstone should've stopped the goal but need to see it back first to confirm that. Dunno how you saw it?

Couldn't tell, I was right behind the Norwich dugout. We cleared the first cross and then switched off. I'll come back to you after I've seen a replay.  :D

edit. No, Johnstone not to blame, defenders all switched off.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 10:02:25 PM by TheJacko2000 »

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2558 on: January 12, 2019, 10:09:51 PM »
To put Darren's reign in context: nominated for Manager of the Month in 4 of 6 months he's been eligible for it (Premier League AND Championship). Beaten Pochettino, Mourinho, Benitez, Bielsa; drawn with Klopp. Had the spine of his team removed: Foster, Evans, Krychowiak, Rondon. Given precious little money to replace them approx £8 million. Far more competitive than Stoke and Swansea, top scorers and best goal difference in the division, decent passing football, cemented in the play off places and 3 points off the auto's with plenty of games left to play. Shrewd operator in the loan market. Restorer of pride.

Cheers Darren, long may you reign.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2559 on: January 12, 2019, 10:13:15 PM »
To put Darren's reign in context: nominated for Manager of the Month in 4 of 6 months he's been eligible for it (Premier League AND Championship). Beaten Pochettino, Mourinho, Benitez, Bielsa; drawn with Klopp. Had the spine of his team removed: Foster, Evans, Krychowiak, Rondon. Given precious little money to replace them approx £8 million. Far more competitive than Stoke and Swansea, top scorers and best goal difference in the division, decent passing football, cemented in the play off places and 3 points off the auto's with plenty of games left to play. Shrewd operator in the loan market. Restorer of pride.

Best post you've ever posted lol. Totally agree Darren is doing a fantastic job.

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2560 on: January 12, 2019, 10:35:07 PM »

Best post you've ever posted lol. Totally agree Darren is doing a fantastic job.

Totally agree :) I came on looking for the Dean Smith love in but that seems to have quietened down the past 2 weeks :) I have said for months we have some great individuals but not a great squad. I think DM is doing a great job with what we have got. Today we had no Barnes, Livermore, Morrison or Phillips. If the board actually helps him out we might have a chance. We are 3 points off second...
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 01:11:03 AM by SirTonyM »

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2561 on: January 12, 2019, 10:50:20 PM »
he's doing what should be done with this squad imho. the teams full of internationals with premiership experience who should be doing well in this league. he's still a rookie which makes his job a bit harder but don't see anyone doing the job better. he really needs the club to back him now.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2562 on: January 12, 2019, 10:51:41 PM »
Manager needs changing, players need buying. Unfortunately we have an owner with no interest so nothing changes

Utterly ridiculous statement in my opinion.

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2563 on: January 13, 2019, 12:32:37 AM »
Utterly ridiculous statement in my opinion.

Better just to leave them alone :) They want a reaction.

baggiesboots

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #2564 on: January 13, 2019, 12:57:57 AM »

Well done, well balanced and to the point. Here's another Baggie who totally agrees!

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2565 on: January 13, 2019, 01:24:52 AM »
Norwich were starting to get on top in second half we needed to freshen thinks up but as per Moore couldn't see it. Has to be looking for striker this window because HRK is not the question never mind the answer

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2566 on: January 13, 2019, 08:34:10 AM »

Said it before in this thread....I think he's punching above his weight so far as seen with the loss of Barnes and and Phillips Yesterday . I won't defend him on late subs at times but there really isn't much quality on the bench.
Yesterday Norwich could bring Rhodes on , our only option is Sako who has yet to show much.
If Lai wants his money back then Moore needs backing not past it free's or begging bowl to other clubs.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2567 on: January 13, 2019, 08:40:50 AM »
No Albion fan can deny we don’t have the numbers.  Sako, Wes and Mears all added in the Autumn as free agents in top of what we had.

Whether we have the quality in depth is the major question?

For me tough decisions have to be made NOW on suitability of our players.  I wouldn’t be against getting rid of 5 and bringing in the same number in THIS window.  There are loads of players who haven’t done enough in the first 5 months.  Adding more with no exits will create even more selection confusion than we have now IMO.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2568 on: January 13, 2019, 08:53:52 AM »
No Albion fan can deny we don’t have the numbers.  Sako, Wes and Mears all added in the Autumn as free agents in top of what we had.

Whether we have the quality in depth is the major question?

For me tough decisions have to be made NOW on suitability of our players.  I wouldn’t be against getting rid of 5 and bringing in the same number in THIS window.  There are loads of players who haven’t done enough in the first 5 months.  Adding more with no exits will create even more selection confusion than we have now IMO.
I'd sooner have quality over quantity , those three players you named have added little or nothing so far .
Sako I'd hang judgement on but the wages for Wes and Mears at this point need to go on someone who can effect the starting 11 not making the bench or the odd cup game .
There is no confusion of players , we all know the best 11 / 12 players , its the rest where there's a huge drop in quality.
I think Moore has done enough to be backed by two quality players.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2569 on: January 13, 2019, 09:04:48 AM »
I'd sooner have quality over quantity , those three players you named have added little or nothing so far .
Sako I'd hang judgement on but the wages for Wes and Mears at this point need to go on someone who can effect the starting 11 not making the bench or the odd cup game .
There is no confusion of players , we all know the best 11 / 12 players , its the rest where there's a huge drop in quality.
I think Moore has done enough to be backed by two quality players.

Know the best 11/12 players?  In your humble opinion can you nominate from 1 to 12, please?  I want to see if that correlates with selections in first 27 games.  Just going off the top of my head, I’d expect variances from game to game, that would contrast with Sheffield Utd for example.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2570 on: January 13, 2019, 09:08:48 AM »
I know there wasn't a ton of options on the bench (being without Phillips, Barnes, Livermore and Morrison is always going to deplete the squad), but I don't think Hoolahan, Sako, Leko and Field are that bad that they aren't worth 15 minutes. Sako and Hoolahan in particular have been fine for their whole careers at this and the higher level, so they were better options than a tired Harper/Barry/HRK. The kids would have added a bit of fearlessness as well.

This has been a factor in Moore's time here so it isn't just about today. Hebhas got to use his bench to it's full potential.
Boing Boing

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2571 on: January 13, 2019, 09:24:26 AM »
Know the best 11/12 players?  In your humble opinion can you nominate from 1 to 12, please?  I want to see if that correlates with selections in first 27 games.  Just going off the top of my head, I’d expect variances from game to game, that would contrast with Sheffield Utd for example.
Johnstone , Tosin ( now Holgate) , Gibbs , Dawson , Hegazi , Livermore , Barry , Brunt , Phillips , Barnes (gone now of course ) Gayle , JRod , Morrison , HRK.....quality starting to drop now .  Thats 15 , 14 with Barnes gone .
2 of those are well into their 30's , 2 of the current subs in Wes and Mears are well into their 30's and have added little so far . As I and others have posted its weak in certain areas and accident waiting to happen .
I won't add Bartley as that just hasn't worked out and at that point both Dawson and Hegazi wanted out although Hegazi settled down first.

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2572 on: January 13, 2019, 09:53:28 AM »
The sub issue really is a matter of the following: on the bench we have either age or inexperience. So what do you go for?

But whatever you go for, i think with all the fixture congestion that DM keeps on about, he should be making changes. Even if it's on 75 mins. I don't know any other manager who doesn't make use of all subs. Bringing a player on on 92 mins is just inexcusable. He won't even get a touch and it makes zero difference to energy levels.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2573 on: January 13, 2019, 09:56:36 AM »
The sub issue really is a matter of the following: on the bench we have either age or inexperience. So what do you go for?

But whatever you go for, i think with all the fixture congestion that DM keeps on about, he should be making changes. Even if it's on 75 mins. I don't know any other manager who doesn't make use of all subs. Bringing a player on on 92 mins is just inexcusable. He won't even get a touch and it makes zero difference to energy levels.
This is exactly the point I've been arguing with others ,they keep saying he doesn't have options....but why would you change something on the 92nd...it's almost an insult.
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2574 on: January 13, 2019, 09:57:55 AM »
Johnstone , Tosin ( now Holgate) , Gibbs , Dawson , Hegazi , Livermore , Barry , Brunt , Phillips , Barnes (gone now of course ) Gayle , JRod , Morrison , HRK.....quality starting to drop now .  Thats 15 , 14 with Barnes gone .
2 of those are well into their 30's , 2 of the current subs in Wes and Mears are well into their 30's and have added little so far . As I and others have posted its weak in certain areas and accident waiting to happen .
I won't add Bartley as that just hasn't worked out and at that point both Dawson and Hegazi wanted out although Hegazi settled down first.

Cheers.  I pretty much agree.  Keeper - Johnstone.  Defence - Hegazi Dawson Gibbs Holgate (Tosin back up).  Attack - Gayle JRod.

Then come the issues......  I don't understand why HRK is still picked before Sako when Sako has had the more distinguished career and they are a similar age.

The midfield is just a mess and 90% the source of problems (now DM has wised up to Bartley).

I think we're making a major mistake with Brunt and Morrison, they should just leave now.  Livermore continues to be mediocre.  We added Hoolahan at 36 to join a 37 yr old, 34 yr old and a 33 yr old.

If these personnel problems aren't addressed then don't see promotion?