Author Topic: Watford  (Read 2905 times)

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

Watford
« on: October 26, 2016, 01:25:11 PM »
Wonder what the outcome of the investigation could be? A possible 9 point deduction could see them struggle with relegation.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/10/24/watford-face-fine-and-points-loss-over-forged-hsbc-bank-letter/
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

mrvulgarity

• Junior Baggie

Re: Watford
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 03:35:01 PM »
Wonder what the outcome of the investigation could be? A possible 9 point deduction could see them struggle with relegation.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/10/24/watford-face-fine-and-points-loss-over-forged-hsbc-bank-letter/

This is a big one in my eyes, as it shapes a teams season. OK Big Sam getting fired is arguably the bigger story but that is just a manager, this is the whole club, and as you say, brings them right into the mixer for relegation, and the financial loss that comes with.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 03:54:47 PM »
imagine they stay up on goal difference
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2016, 04:05:35 PM »
That seems pretty serious to me, surely its a police matter as well.
Baggie in Southampton

Barrington

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 07:21:02 PM »
A mate of mine actually did a month in prison going back around 10 years ago for falsifying details on a car insurance document (basically allowing him to drive his mates car). The charge was fraud. Now, I don't even suppose he'd be jailed for that now due to prison overcrowding etc, he'd probably get a heavy fine and a suspended sentence at most, but it does highlight how seriously this SHOULD be taken in context.

baggie53

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2016, 08:30:16 PM »
There is no way they will get a points deduction - they are too far south for that. Maybe a big fine
Vorwärts die Breiten Hosen !

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2016, 11:22:45 PM »
There is no way they will get a points deduction - they are too far south for that. Maybe a big fine

Not just a 'South' thing but also a Premier League thing, remember when Sunderland fielded and player who wasn't registered for them? (A South Korean I believe). A club in league 2 or something had points docked for the same thing months before, but nothing happened with Sunderland.
I imagine at worst it will be a fine.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2016, 07:31:56 AM »
Sections 2 & 7 of the Fraud Act 2006 refer

S7 relates to Making or supplying articles for use in frauds, and S2 relates to Fraud by false representation.

So S7 can be used if the author of the false HSBC document is identified, and S2 will apply in its use through false representation.

The law applies to everyone, so if a representation has been made to gain an advantage, then they should be prosecuted.

A points deduction would be nice but its missing the point really, someone at Watford is/was responsible and needs to be dealt with. By not doing so is condoning the practice. If it were you or I then we would be in Court in no time......   
MAGA!

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2016, 09:31:08 AM »
The excuse that will be used when just handing them a fine or some other similar slap on the wrist will be that they were a Football League club at the time so the Premier League will claim to be severely limited in what they can do.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2016, 10:04:16 AM »
Fine them and deduct them 50 points.

Dislike Watford so let have them relegated.

I find it infuriating to hear their match day line ups - Troy Deeney aside it sounds like a bunch of south american cocaine dealers.

Not a fan of the dual ownerships either so that's another reason to relegate them.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom