Author Topic: 2 Dec 2019 Preston 0 Albion 1  (Read 40677 times)

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Pre Match Chat
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2019, 11:43:43 AM »
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2019, 12:17:02 PM »
This Monday night malarkey puts us at a disadvantage.
It puts undue pressure on all involved with the club,team and fans.
Should be stopped with all clubs playing on the same day and time.
Anyway, 0 - 2

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Match Officials
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2019, 12:18:15 PM »
Taken from the club website.

The referee for Monday’s fixture will be Oliver Langford, and he’ll be assisted by Akil Howson and Adam Crysell - with Darren Bond acting as the fourth official.

Langford has already officiated one Albion game this season, overseeing the Baggies' 1-0 win away at Middlesbrough.

I seem to remember him being a 'homer' referee at Boro, gave them every 50/50 decision that day
Very true.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2019, 12:47:06 PM »
It’s the Albion who never fail to turn form on its head
Preston 2 WBA 0
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2019, 08:12:35 PM »
As many as 5 first choice players missed the defeat at Hull.

And Alex Neil is still waiting on Preston injury crisis as West Brom visit.

We take every advantage that is there for us, as would our opponents.

It’s a long season with “what goes round, comes round“ applicable to all
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2019, 01:36:53 PM »
Preston 1 WBA 2

Hope we dont take this game to lightly but even without the Preston injury doudts we are stronger all round.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

Preston North End - A Quick Look at the Opponents
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2019, 12:54:22 AM »
Albion take on The Lilywhites at Deepdale as the last Championship fixture of this game week on Monday night. The atmosphere and noise levels should be heightened, with Preston encouraging all of their home supporters to bring their scarves and flags for the night game to make "Deepdale a fortress".

Preston find themselves in 6th place after a recent dip in form that has seen them lose their last two games, most notably a heavy 4-0 defeat to mid-table Hull City. Prior to this, they had won 4 of their last 5 games, with a 1-1 draw against Leeds thrown in for good measure too. The hosts are also unbeaten in their last 11 home games.

I'd expect goals in Monday's game, with Preston scoring 2 goals or more in 10 of their last 11 Championship home games, and us scoring 2 or more in 5 of our last 6 games. Saying this however, Preston have failed to score in their last 2 games (both away) and rely heavily on set pieces, scoring more goals from these than any other team in the league (14).

Despite Preston's strong form, goalscoring and results, they have only registered one clean sheet since September and have conceded the 3rd highest number of goals in the top 10. They favour a 4-3-2-1 formation, but look prone to individual errors in their own half. I'd be confident in us at least getting on the score sheet on Monday night.

They were particularly weak from attacks down the wings in their last game against Hull, due to a number of injuries which forced manager Alex Neil to play midfielder Ryan Ledson at right back. Their full back Darnell Fisher is expected to be missing again on Monday, so I'd expect us to look to target them down the flanks. In their previous couple of games, Preston have also been caught playing very narrowly at the back, allowing attacking wingers space to run and get balls into the box.

Another potential defensive injury for Preston is centre back Ben Davies, who has been nearly ever-present this season and also missed the 4-0 defeat to Hull. The re-jigging of their defensive line has coincided with their recent dip in form, and should give us some confidence going into the game on Monday against them. The general consensus among Preston fans is that they will likely be competitive if their injured defenders make it back for the game, but are worried again if they aren't fit in time.

Like Bristol City in the previous game, Preston seem prone to over-committing players going forwards, and are often caught on the counter attack with limited numbers left at the back. They also operate a high defensive line, which both Hull and Derby took advantage of in recent games, creating a number of chances by utilising players running in behind the high defensive line.

Preston players to watch include Jamaican midfielder Daniel Johnson, who has 8 goals and 4 assists to his name already this season, as well as fellow midfielder/forward Barkhuizen, their second top scorer with 5 goals.

Preston's probable lineup (4-3-2-1):

GK: Declan Rudd - an ever present in goal this season, mixed reviews from Preston fans suggesting he is prone to errors and conceding the odd soft goal (sound familiar)

LB: Joseph Rafferty - the one fully fit full back

CB: Patrick Bauer - has had a decent season by all accounts

CB: Jordan Storey - the likely replacement for the injured Davies, hasn't featured much this season and is very much a backup centre back

RB: Ledson - the replacement for the injured Fisher against Hull, however Neale may look to try something different against us given how the Hull match went

DM: Ben Pearson - almost ever-present in holding midfield this season, he's their stopper and looks to win the ball back in midfield rather than getting forward

DM: Paul Gallagher - veteran midfielder, keeps the ball ticking over whilst also chipping in with 4 goals this season

CM: Daniel Johnson - probably the pick of the side, contributed to the most Preston goals this year, likely to be in the number 10 role

R/LCM: Sean Maguire - also contributes to Preston's attacking threat, has 3 goals and 2 assists this season, although hasn't scored since September

R/LCM: Tom Barkhuizen - may be deployed through the centre, Preston's second top scorer with 5 goals

ST: Jayden Stockley - one of two fit strikers for Preston, likely to be ahead of David "yes he's still going" Nugent in the pecking order with Loius Molt out injured. Hasn't featured much this year however.

Hull 4 - 0 Preston - Hull take full advantage of the weakened Preston Defence:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC3Qul7bDMk

Derby 1 - 0 Preston - Derby have plenty of chances on the break, but manage their breakthrough from a set piece:

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/preston-north-end/11868329/derby-1-0-preston

Preston 3 - 1 Huddersfield:

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/preston-north-end/11858310/preston-3-1-huddersfield

Charlton 0 - 1 Preston

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/preston-north-end/11853139/charlton-0-1-preston
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 12:58:34 AM by TheBrom »

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2019, 01:49:09 PM »
PNE v WBA both founder members of football league.
The first match between both teams was 131 years ago ( 1888 )
Amazing history.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Match Officials
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2019, 04:01:08 PM »
Very true.

he's a terrible ref for us, always seems to give the opposition everything. I've said it before but I'm sure the fact that he is listed as being from the West Midlands means that he doesn't want any accusations of bias and therefore gives us Sweet F.A.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2019, 09:30:16 AM »
Confident going into every game now so 1-2. Losing wouldn't be a disaster, but hope we can at least maintain our unbeaten run.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2019, 09:42:39 AM »
I’ll be there - looking forward to it

Preston 2-0 WBA

We’re due a defeat  ;)

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2019, 09:43:47 AM »
With Leeds and Fulham winning we could do with a win, but it is going to be a difficult game that's for sure. Again though, if we are striving to win the league we should be looking to come out with at least a point.

Black Country Pride

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2019, 10:06:22 AM »
Going to be a really tough game so I'd take a point. COYB

Black Country Pride

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Ticket Info & Requests
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2019, 10:07:43 AM »
Does anyone know how many we've sold for this? I was looking forward to going until Sky did their usual - God I hate them.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2019, 10:22:14 AM »
This Monday night malarkey puts us at a disadvantage.
It puts undue pressure on all involved with the club,team and fans.
Should be stopped with all clubs playing on the same day and time.
Anyway, 0 - 2

I am getting cheesed off with this Leeds play first nonsense myself. It is happening next weekend as well. Cannot help but think it puts undue pressure on our players. I realise it is the same for Leeds as well but why can't we kick off at the same time and enjoy the ride?

Anyway, I think PNE will be quite resilient tonight. Will not be disappointed with a draw but I do think we have the depth to come out on top, so I am going for 2-1 to us. 
MAGA!

Black Country Pride

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Preston North End - A Quick Look at the Opponents
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2019, 10:32:15 AM »
Thanks TheBrom.

Political Cake

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

• Oh So Fabulous

« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2019, 10:45:21 AM »
I am getting cheesed off with this Leeds play first nonsense myself. It is happening next weekend as well. Cannot help but think it puts undue pressure on our players. I realise it is the same for Leeds as well but why can't we kick off at the same time and enjoy the ride?

At this stage I don't think it's much advantage either way.
It's just as easy to speculate right now that Leeds would be very happy for us to be winning this to help keep third and lower at bay - especially considering that's what happened to them last season; they were never out of the top three at all.
WestBromwichAlbion

Aussie Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2019, 11:36:56 AM »
Tough away game despite their performance last week.

1-1 is my prediction.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Preston North End - A Quick Look at the Opponents
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2019, 11:50:19 AM »
yes thanks mate, these make an interesting read
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2019, 12:48:00 PM »
Bizarely confident about tonight.

Think that we will do a professional and comprehensive job. 0-3.

Clearly the players need to be focused and shouldnt underestimate the task at hand, but I don't think they will.

baggies_24

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2019, 12:52:20 PM »
First goal is big in this one if we can get it I’d fancy us to hit them on the counter. After their result last week i’d expect them to come out strong in the first 10 minutes we need to get our foot on the ball and take the crowd out of it. I’d take a draw but with the results at the weekend a win would be a superb result.

Dynamo10

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2019, 01:32:24 PM »
First goal is big in this one if we can get it I’d fancy us to hit them on the counter. After their result last week i’d expect them to come out strong in the first 10 minutes we need to get our foot on the ball and take the crowd out of it. I’d take a draw but with the results at the weekend a win would be a superb result.

I agree with the first goal statement, that's going to be crucial in my opinion. We could do with winning this - feel like we have to keep matching/bettering what Leeds are doing right now.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2019, 01:32:40 PM »
Albion to carry on winning form for me 2-1, still can't keep clean sheet  ;D

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2019, 03:50:07 PM »
I agree with the first goal statement, that's going to be crucial in my opinion. We could do with winning this - feel like we have to keep matching/bettering what Leeds are doing right now.
I agree, but I'd take a draw right now

ronnie_allen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2019, 04:24:44 PM »
Albion to carry on winning form for me 2-1, still can't keep clean sheet  ;D

3 away games in a row we have now kept a clean sheet :D
Let's go and make it 4.