Author Topic: Non League Football Thread  (Read 6663 times)

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

Re: Non League Football Thread
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2023, 01:34:42 PM »
Nearly two and a half thousand were at the Grove last night for their play off semi final win. I'd imagine the weekends final will be a sell out and a similar or increased crowd.

Incredible support for a club who are in the 8th tier of English football.

Halesowen Town are older than the Albion. If the stars had aligned differently they could have had our history, crowds and owner and we could be getting gates of 2,500. There's still time for us......  ;) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2023, 04:49:45 PM »
Once heard a copper say “ I’d never heard of Halesowen, now I won’t ever forget it “ . Was probably something to do with the 15K that descended upon Wembley that day , their first vase final :D ( lost 0-1 >:()
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2023, 05:10:23 PM »
Nearly two and a half thousand were at the Grove last night for their play off semi final win. I'd imagine the weekends final will be a sell out and a similar or increased crowd.

Incredible support for a club who are in the 8th tier of English football.

I was there last night and have been a few other times this season. Superb support as you say. Hopefully they can do the business on Saturday too.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2023, 05:11:24 PM »
Once heard a copper say “ I’d never heard of Halesowen, now I won’t ever forget it “ . Was probably something to do with the 15K that descended upon Wembley that day , their first vase final :D ( lost 0-1 >:()
Isn't there a well known phrase for motorists in the West Midlands, as in
"when you come off the motorway, all the b***** roads lead to Halesowen"!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2023, 05:21:03 PM by alex1 »
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2023, 08:34:14 AM »
For those who aren't aware, Halesowen were prompted on Saturday with a crowd of 3250. It looked rammed and the atmosphere sounded amazing.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_x2w1yaGl4I&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: May 01, 2023, 08:36:57 AM by Baggies »
Boing Boing

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2023, 08:44:47 AM »
Well done the Yeltz!
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2023, 08:45:02 AM »
Another big play off final today.

Nuneaton Borough v Rushall Olympic, with the winner getting promotion to the National league north and to join the likes of Scunthorpe, Chester, Darlington, Yeovil and Torquay Utd in the 6th tier of English football.

If Rushall manage it with their small budget, they will have done an incredible job.

The other local interest play off will be tomorrow, as Kidderminster face an away play off semi final to try to get to the National league Premier (the conference in old money).
Boing Boing

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2023, 09:05:19 AM »
Another big play off final today.

Nuneaton Borough v Rushall Olympic, with the winner getting promotion to the National league north and to join the likes of Scunthorpe, Chester, Darlington, Yeovil and Torquay Utd in the 6th tier of English football.

If Rushall manage it with their small budget, they will have done an incredible job.

The other local interest play off will be tomorrow, as Kidderminster face an away play off semi final to try to get to the National league Premier (the conference in old money).

My son's heading to the Nuneaton game today. He's got either a mate or a mate of a mate who's playing. Another ground for him to tick off but I've briefed him about some of the locals and told him to watch his back......

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2023, 11:42:23 AM »
Pre Season for the new league season and Darlaston have won 2 out of 2 beating Solihull Moors XI 5-0 at Home I believe there U21s and Wombourne All Stars. Darlaston have signed an ex Albion Youbgster who played for Shrewsbury and Welsh Non League Side Newport in James Rowland who scored against Solihull with Louis Baker scoring a hattrick Darlaston then confirmed they signed him the day after. Because of my potential Career choice I might go to Darlaston games this season as I'm thinking of covering them to potentially become a non League reporter and get paid for it. I may also cover Albion's Troubles but I don't expect much coverage at Darlo I maybe allowed more access
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2023, 09:02:47 PM »
This Saturday at 12:15 the BBC Red Button is airing two Midlands Teams playing in the FA Cup Qst Qualifying Round Sporting Khalsa Vs Darlaston Town (My Non League Team) kick off at 12:30. This is huge for Darlaston and The Midlands Non League Scene.

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2023, 11:20:51 AM »
Sporting Khalsa face Darlaston Town today on the BBC Red Button from 12:15 Kick off 12:30 going to be a huge occasion for the Midlands Non League Scene.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2023, 12:30:35 PM »
Sporting Khalsa face Darlaston Town today on the BBC Red Button from 12:15 Kick off 12:30 going to be a huge occasion for the Midlands Non League Scene.

Sporting Khalsa weren't they a top Sunday League team some years back?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2023, 12:35:21 PM by gazberg »

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2023, 12:59:39 PM »

They definitely had Sunday league sides. I definitely remember playing them as a kid. I think on pitches near bescot / Morrisons from memory

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2023, 01:00:27 PM »
They definitely had Sunday league sides. I definitely remember playing them as a kid. I think on pitches near bescot / Morrisons from memory

Aha thanks JC. I remember their name from Sunday League Premier table when i played, going back over 15 years though

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2023, 01:08:51 PM »
I remember watching Sporting Khalsa good few years ago, i'm sure they were ground sharing at Rushall Olympic. Now they've took over Willenhall Towns Noose Lane ground and massively improved it.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2023, 02:54:00 PM »
And it ended 2-2 Darlaston to play the replay at Home 87th minute equaliser from us. If you ay watched it will be on Iplayer or repeated at 17:30 on the Red Button

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2023, 08:49:43 PM »
The Replay is on Wednesday 6th September 19:45 Kick Off at The Paycare Stadium. Dean Gill our gaffer reckons nearly 1,000 at the gate today. Khalsa usually get 200 people for a league ground. I will be interested to see how many people rock up to Darlo on Wednesday. After thr TV Coverage was a very good game. Khalsa played Route One Kick and Rush first half Darlo who Don't tend to do well on 3G pitches went behind after 5 minutes but after a shaky first 15 we got the equaliser through Ben Priest, low shot into the corner, Had a decent 15 minutes before Khalsa scored on the 43rd minute Osibde grabbing his brace. Darlo had a penalty within the first five minutes but Lewis Gill saw it saved, Louie Baker had a few chances. Khalsa were denied a certain goal to kill it by Blues Loanee Will O Suillivan before some pinball saw Baker volley home the equaliser in the 87th minute. A few minutes before the Khalsa Chance subistute Kerian Miller the striker who scored the most important goal in our history his last minute 30 yard screamer saw us promoted to West Midlands Premier Division he curled an effort just over the bar. Overall a really good game between a Step 7 and Step 8 team. We have played each other in Pre Season Khalsa beating Darlo 1-2 at the Paycare. But Darlo have beaten Chasetowns first XI in a Friendly at the Paycare there the same level as Sporting Khalsa and beat Hendesford 3-0 in the last round. The Winners will get £2,250 the losers £750 Darlaston have  made around £3,000 from this run and victory on Wednesday could see us earn Double that total. Overall if Darlo do loose I ay moaning This is the furthest we have got Khalsa got to the Fourth Qualifying Round and out to FC united of Manchester a decade ago. We got on the TV something I never thought I would see and no matter what Darlo have welcomed me into the fanbase given me memories I will likely will never forget and put Darlaston back on the map and made me fall in love with the proper grassroots of English Football. I almost don't care if Albion loose I do obviously but there overpaid prima madonas, Darlo Players have other jobs and it is proper football. Watching the Prem this season has made me fall more in love with non League and got a few mates interested. Forgetting the result I hope today showed just how good Non League Football is and for any of you who have never been during the International Break this one Darlo are away sometimes Non League Clubs allow you to enter with a discount if you have a season ticket for a Local side, so if you haven't consider going it's usually cheap you interact with the Players and Gaffer or at least at Darlo can speak to them about Football and there usually all honest down to earth lads.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2023, 09:50:21 AM »
Other clubs into the next round are:
Alvechurch
Bromsgrove
Halesowen
Leamington
Stourbridge
Redditch
Worcester
Stafford
Boing Boing

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2023, 12:40:26 PM »

Khalsa Sports were a top team in the Warley League for a few years, don’t think they are connected.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2023, 12:45:30 PM »
Khalsa Sports were a top team in the Warley League for a few years, don’t think they are connected.

That might be where I'm getting mixed up then. Thanks for clarifying 🙂

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2023, 01:07:16 PM »

That might be where I'm getting mixed up then. Thanks for clarifying 🙂
Sporting Khalsa play in Willenhall well at Willenhall Towns old ground between Willenhall and Wolverhampton at Noose Lane. They were founded by the Sikh community and became the first Sikh team to own there own ground in 2005. Must admit nice ground but I hate AstroTurf as to do Darlo normally. Khalsa Sporting I'm sure I'm heard off. There is one based in Smethwick to and Sikh Hunters they might be the Smethwick team.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2023, 01:10:50 PM »
Sporting Khalsa play in Willenhall well at Willenhall Towns old ground between Willenhall and Wolverhampton at Noose Lane. They were founded by the Sikh community and became the first Sikh team to own there own ground in 2005. Must admit nice ground but I hate AstroTurf as to do Darlo normally. Khalsa Sporting I'm sure I'm heard off. There is one based in Smethwick to and Sikh Hunters they might be the Smethwick team.

Thanks Baggieboy

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2023, 08:47:03 PM »
It was bubbling even before CoVID (I was at a game with 2000 fans where it kicked off about 7 years back), but Stourbridge v Halesowen next Tuesday night is going to be all ticket with only Stourbridge member tickets left. All 800 Halesowen away tickets gone, segregated crowds, police in attendance and bag searches on the way in. I knew it had got a bit out of hand recently, but surprised to see a mid week non league game go all ticket.
Boing Boing

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2023, 10:03:28 PM »
It was bubbling even before CoVID (I was at a game with 2000 fans where it kicked off about 7 years back), but Stourbridge v Halesowen next Tuesday night is going to be all ticket with only Stourbridge member tickets left. All 800 Halesowen away tickets gone, segregated crowds, police in attendance and bag searches on the way in. I knew it had got a bit out of hand recently, but surprised to see a mid week non league game go all ticket.

I have a number of surprises. One that it's taken so long for the police and football authorities to acknowledge the problems which have existed at this level for years. They really have and it's not just in the number nine derby either. That and it's so expensive comparitively speaking to watch non league football. Then again I suppose we can look forward to more increases as the police presence grows. Funny old game.........

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2023, 10:42:58 AM »
Well Darlaston's FA Cup Journey is over losing 0-2 on Penalties after Louis Baker scored in the last second to make it 2-2. I am not disappointed but extremely proud, Darlaston have gone further than ever before, took the game to a Replay then Penalties had over 2,000 people watching both games featured on the box and made money. 975 people watched at Khalsa's ground last night 1,150 people an absolute Record for Darlo saw us play. It was a great game an advertisement for Non League Football. The Ground started heaving around Quarter to Severn and there were people still walking in at 8PM it was a 7:45 kick off We actually kicked off at 7:50. There was extra security there. And I was a bit mouthy after the game it was a mix of emotions but I am glad to have seen it. Now I will stick with Darlo as we get 200 people. Hopefully the TV and last night not on TV will bring us a few more down UTD. What a story for this little old town