Poll

What is your position for next season?

Renew as usual - regardless
Review the situation at the end of the season
Purchase a new season ticket (not had one this season)
Will not renew - regardless
Will not be buying one (have not had one this season either)
Other

Author Topic: Season Ticket 2014 - 2015  (Read 53056 times)

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

Re: Season Ticket 2014 - 2015
« Reply #175 on: June 11, 2014, 11:25:21 AM »
Fair play to those that renewed.
"This crack is really moreish."

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #176 on: June 11, 2014, 11:27:57 AM »
Just bought my season ticket after 9 years without one and picking my games. There  does look to be limited numbers available for groups of 3+ in decent areas of the ground. I wonder how many people are put off from buying a new season ticket for that reason.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #177 on: June 11, 2014, 11:29:49 AM »
Hi everyone, just purchased my first season ticket.. I usually just buy my tickets for the home games each week but thought Id go for the season ticket this season. just a quick question.. I purchased online and chose to "collect" them, gave the ticket office a call just and I got told I cant collect them and they will just be delivered to my address by the end of July, is this correct? as the lady I spoke to didn't seem too sure when I was asking her questions :)
You don't get a ticket or tickets you get a card that's similar to a credit card and simply insert it into the slot at the turnstile where you have been poking your paper tickets to gain admittance.
They generally post them out end of July
Where are you sitting?
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #178 on: June 11, 2014, 01:01:49 PM »
Thanks for the information :) and im in the brummie end, section E12 row H seat 80 :)

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #179 on: June 11, 2014, 01:20:28 PM »
This years season ticket sales almost the same as this point last year according to this

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/west-bromwich-albion-season-ticket-7248513
So much for principles! Do whatever you want with impunity, Jeremy....

Slimbo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #180 on: June 11, 2014, 01:52:19 PM »
I renewed regardless - I was a season ticket holder in the dark days of third tier football. It is still my team, my passion, my club through thick and thin.

COYB
I drink to forget but I don't forget to drink

Barrington

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #181 on: June 11, 2014, 02:56:11 PM »
It turns out Jeremy can treat 'your' club (as many fans falsely call it) however he likes and you'll still line his and the players pockets early doors. I thought more fans would have had a bit more about them and refrained from purchasing their season tickets yet as to make some sort of stand. It turns out that those golden seats in the usual place will always keep people renewing year on year whatever the circumstances though. Something nice for the businessmen at the top of the club to be happy about.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #182 on: June 11, 2014, 02:57:05 PM »
It turns out Jeremy can treat 'your' club (as many fans falsely call it) however he likes and you'll still line his and the players pockets early doors. I thought more fans would have had a bit more about them and refrained from purchasing their season tickets yet as to make some sort of stand. It turns out that those golden seats in the usual place will always keep people renewing year on year whatever the circumstances though. Something nice for the businessmen at the top of the club to be happy about.

This.

No doubt the pin stripes will fly off the shelves aswell.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 02:59:10 PM by BB74 »

Slimbo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #183 on: June 11, 2014, 03:38:13 PM »
So I should have not renewed because of season 2013/2014 ? Take a stand against what ? If I was going to take a stand against the club it would have been in the early 90s

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #184 on: June 11, 2014, 03:46:24 PM »
It turns out Jeremy can treat 'your' club (as many fans falsely call it) however he likes and you'll still line his and the players pockets early doors. I thought more fans would have had a bit more about them and refrained from purchasing their season tickets

A stand against what exactly?

One poor season out of the last 5?

A stand against a successful football owner taking a handsome wage?

A stand against a Premiership football club paying Premiership footballers Premiership wages?
"This crack is really moreish."

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #185 on: June 11, 2014, 03:50:34 PM »

Have you only supported us for four years? We have had MUCH worse seasons than last season. We punched above our weight for three seasons and people talk as if we are supposed to be battling for top four places. You don't want to support the club through attending every game don't. But those who do aren't idiots. They go because they love the club and support the club and want the club to do well. And by purchasing a season ticket have the right to protest or show their disappointment at the ground - you pay to watch you earn the right to show/withhold support. Consider this; those who bought flags to support Pepe Mel and went to games and rallied and cheered him couldn't do that from their sofa moaning about things could they?

Think the Hull City fans who hate their owner and the name change are keyboard forum warriors without season tickets? The Cardiff fans who hate their new coloured shirts and sing about being Blue don't bother going up and sing from their back bedroom watching Iraqi streams? If you can't be bothered to go to games because of one bad season you lose your best chance to voice your opinions.

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #186 on: June 11, 2014, 04:01:17 PM »
Have you only supported us for four years? We have had MUCH worse seasons than last season. We punched above our weight for three seasons and people talk as if we are supposed to be battling for top four places. You don't want to support the club through attending every game don't. But those who do aren't idiots. They go because they love the club and support the club and want the club to do well. And by purchasing a season ticket have the right to protest or show their disappointment at the ground - you pay to watch you earn the right to show/withhold support. Consider this; those who bought flags to support Pepe Mel and went to games and rallied and cheered him couldn't do that from their sofa moaning about things could they?

Think the Hull City fans who hate their owner and the name change are keyboard forum warriors without season tickets? The Cardiff fans who hate their new coloured shirts and sing about being Blue don't bother going up and sing from their back bedroom watching Iraqi streams? If you can't be bothered to go to games because of one bad season you lose your best chance to voice your opinions.

Superb reply. Completely agree
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

Barrington

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #187 on: June 11, 2014, 04:06:06 PM »
So I should have not renewed because of season 2013/2014 ? Take a stand against what ? If I was going to take a stand against the club it would have been in the early 90s

Maybe the fact that we've let a manager go (Mel) who had new ideas about the way we would play, only to spend many weeks searching for a replacement who it appears will be nothing more than a number 2 at a bigger club than ours who got a chance to manage his team for part of a season. Also we have the Astle situation with a clear lack of respect for 'your' club legends. The club have also recently refused to even confirm or deny whether the shirt will be substantially changing for the coming season (couldn't they have put out an official short message just to clarify things one way or another for the convenience of the 'customers')? We've also let many players go since the end of last season and have only signed one player so far on a free transfer and there is no mention of any other signings imminent. I'm sure there are many other things I could mention but I can't even be bothered to bang on about them any more.

I'm a realist, I know our main goal is staying up (whilst making a small profit), and I accept that. However, we could do it with a bit of pride and a tiny bit more ambition (and I'm not talking spending money we havn't got) and stop treating fans as mere customers who are there simply to buy their tickets, turn up for games, cheer the overpaid players on, then bog off home with no more interaction from the club. I'm sorry, but if the club will not show that they are making an effort, then I won't be making an effort to go and spend my money to purchase another season ticket. Each to their own though.

P.S - Where were the 16,000 season ticket holders on the last game of the season when the poorly treated Pepe Mel had to walk around the almost empty ground clapping to only a few thousand fans who could be bothered to stay behind and thank him for keeping us in the Premier League?

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #188 on: June 11, 2014, 04:14:33 PM »
If people are holding out for transfers then they will be waiting a while.

It's the 11th of June !! The season won't kick off for another 2 months, and pre season is still a while away. No panic at all yet.

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #189 on: June 11, 2014, 04:27:36 PM »
Maybe the fact that we've let a manager go (Mel) who had new ideas about the way we would play, only to spend many weeks searching for a replacement who it appears will be nothing more than a number 2 at a bigger club than ours who got a chance to manage his team for part of a season. Also we have the Astle situation with a clear lack of respect for 'your' club legends. The club have also recently refused to even confirm or deny whether the shirt will be substantially changing for the coming season (couldn't they have put out an official short message just to clarify things one way or another for the convenience of the 'customers')? We've also let many players go since the end of last season and have only signed one player so far on a free transfer and there is no mention of any other signings imminent. I'm sure there are many other things I could mention but I can't even be bothered to bang on about them any more.

I'm a realist, I know our main goal is staying up (whilst making a small profit), and I accept that. However, we could do it with a bit of pride and a tiny bit more ambition (and I'm not talking spending money we havn't got) and stop treating fans as mere customers who are there simply to buy their tickets, turn up for games, cheer the overpaid players on, then bog off home with no more interaction from the club. I'm sorry, but if the club will not show that they are making an effort, then I won't be making an effort to go and spend my money to purchase another season ticket. Each to their own though.

P.S - Where were the 16,000 season ticket holders on the last game of the season when the poorly treated Pepe Mel had to walk around the almost empty ground clapping to only a few thousand fans who could be bothered to stay behind and thank him for keeping us in the Premier League?

Read my previous post - the supporters who pay money to see the games weren't happy and didn't stay for the lap of appreciation. And if they hadn't paid to go to the game the complete snubbing of the lap of appreciation wouldn't have been noticed. What don't you get? If the season ticket holders were idiotic money milked sheep they'd have stayed. They didn't because despite being angry they still bought tickets and made their opinions known loud and clear. If they hadn't attended the game they can't snub the lap of appreciation. Which is more powerful these 16,000 season ticket holders snubbing the lap of appreciation or the people at home who don't show their face?

Slimbo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #190 on: June 11, 2014, 04:29:27 PM »

Agree - Each to their own though - I will be there first game of the season and the last game of the season

Mr Cynical

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #191 on: June 11, 2014, 04:30:26 PM »
If people are holding out for transfers then they will be waiting a while.

It's the 11th of June !! The season won't kick off for another 2 months, and pre season is still a while away. No panic at all yet.
So, we need 6 players in before pre-season - 3/4 weeks from now.  (Doesn't sound much like West Brom.)  That would put us on a squad of 20 senior pros including 3 goalies and Thorne and Berahino.  Anything less and we won't have much chance to be properly prepared.

4 more in before the end of August.

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #192 on: June 11, 2014, 04:34:31 PM »
Whilst it's not the 'west brom way' , that many transfers in a month is still feasible.

A new manager will want assurances about transfers, and quickly in the timeframe. No panic stations just yet

Barrington

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #193 on: June 11, 2014, 04:38:02 PM »
Which is more powerful these 16,000 season ticket holders snubbing the lap of appreciation or the people at home who don't show their face?

What did the people who walked out actually achieve though apart from making us look small-time in front of the opposition fans who goaded those remaining (which doesn't overly concern me) and also making it look like Mel's efforts weren't appreciated? Not much by the looks of it. There hasn't been much positive activity from the club since, players who were due to leave anyway duly left, and Billy Jones has since had enough and jumped ship to another club.

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #194 on: June 11, 2014, 04:49:41 PM »
In the end, the fact is that some gave renewed while some haven't. I wasn't happy about how Mel was treated but nor did I stay behind to watch the players trudge round the pitch after another rubbish performance. I don't abuse them but I certainly don't have to hang around to applaud them either.

I renewed. I hadn't thought I would but I did.

What about you?
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #195 on: June 11, 2014, 04:50:56 PM »
What did the people who walked out actually achieve though apart from making us look small-time in front of the opposition fans who goaded those remaining (which doesn't overly concern me) and also making it look like Mel's efforts weren't appreciated? Not much by the looks of it. There hasn't been much positive activity from the club since, players who were due to leave anyway duly left, and Billy Jones has since had enough and jumped ship to another club.

So one minute you're saying people shouldn't have renewed and suggesting they're silly for doing so and the club can milk them for all they're worth then you're lambasting those who decided to show disappointment in the club? Make your mind up.

We didn't look small time in the slightest. 26,000 fans dwindling down to a handful shows the support were angry, who gives a shiny sh*te what Stoke city fans think? Nobody. Which is small time, the 26,000 paying supporters who refuse to celebrate a shambolic season or thousands of empty seats from fans who got upset and didn't buy a season ticket?

You can't say people are idiotic and the club are shafting them for renewing then suggest angry, money paying fans leaving before a lap of appreciation are idiots and achieved nothing. Achieved a damn sight more than somebody who didn't turn up at all.

Barrington

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #196 on: June 11, 2014, 05:16:33 PM »
So one minute you're saying people shouldn't have renewed and suggesting they're silly for doing so and the club can milk them for all they're worth then you're lambasting those who decided to show disappointment in the club? Make your mind up.

We didn't look small time in the slightest. 26,000 fans dwindling down to a handful shows the support were angry, who gives a shiny sh*te what Stoke city fans think? Nobody. Which is small time, the 26,000 paying supporters who refuse to celebrate a shambolic season or thousands of empty seats from fans who got upset and didn't buy a season ticket?

You can't say people are idiotic and the club are shafting them for renewing then suggest angry, money paying fans leaving before a lap of appreciation are idiots and achieved nothing. Achieved a damn sight more than somebody who didn't turn up at all.

I havn't labelled anyone who has renewed as 'idiotic' to be fair mate. Like I said earlier, each to their own. I was, however, expecting people to maybe hold out a bit longer before renewing, but it seems that people are too worried about losing seats that they have occupied for some time and the socializing with others nearby that goes along with that (which I can understand). I hope people would do me the favour of not talking drivel that I have to trawl through at the end of next season about how they're not going to renew for various reasons though, then renew regardless anyway a month later ;)

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #197 on: June 11, 2014, 05:47:00 PM »
I havn't labelled anyone who has renewed as 'idiotic' to be fair mate. Like I said earlier, each to their own. I was, however, expecting people to maybe hold out a bit longer before renewing, but it seems that people are too worried about losing seats that they have occupied for some time and the socializing with others nearby that goes along with that (which I can understand). I hope people would do me the favour of not talking drivel that I have to trawl through at the end of next season about how they're not going to renew for various reasons though, then renew regardless anyway a month later ;)

So far as I know it's not compulsory to read any messages on here.
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #198 on: June 11, 2014, 06:01:37 PM »

Mel was not good enough get over it that ship sailed a long time ago. Don't use the excuse we weren't willing to back him because since sacking him we have released half our squad and are having an overhaul anyway.

I appreciated his effort but the season was a disgrace on and off the pitch and I certainly wasn't willing to stay and be ridiculed by Stoke fans for handing out a 'top goalscorer' trophy to someone with 6 goals and 'player of the season' when we scraped survival by a couple of points etc etc...

phat_vapor

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #199 on: June 12, 2014, 06:11:49 PM »
just brought a season ticket this season for the smethwick end i had a season ticket the great escape year but moved away and i just moved back to oldbury in may so i got a ticket again i love the baggies through good and bad time