Author Topic: Bristol fan ill in Smethwick  (Read 2534 times)

Norfolk Baggie

• Youth Baggie

Bristol fan ill in Smethwick
« on: October 23, 2021, 10:34:03 PM »
I know that football banter can always be a bit tasty, but I don’t think it reflected well on our club today that some fans in the Smethwick were singing let him die, let him die, when a Bristol fan collapsed and was receiving treatment.  Folks it could have been your dad to grandad down there.  Most clapped the poor blow out the ground.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

Re: Bristol fan ill in Smethwick
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2021, 11:07:40 PM »
I know that football banter can always be a bit tasty, but I don’t think it reflected well on our club today that some fans in the Smethwick were singing let him die, let him die, when a Bristol fan collapsed and was receiving treatment.  Folks it could have been your dad to grandad down there.  Most clapped the poor blow out the ground.
I do hope that it was stifled quickly by some of our more sensible fans.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2021, 08:14:57 AM »
You should be ashamed of yourself if you sang that.
MAGA!

Cardiaccarol

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2021, 08:16:40 AM »
I sit in the smethwick and I did not hear anyone singing let him die,

There was a lot of shouting / gesturing at the back but the  song I heard was cry in a minute.

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2021, 08:55:16 AM »
I sit in the Smethwick and I am 99.9% sure this isn't correct
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

Smethwickender93

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2021, 08:58:19 AM »
Two emergencies at the game yesterday. One in the week for Bristol City and last week at Newcastle. Strange right?

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2021, 09:35:25 AM »
Two emergencies at the game yesterday. One in the week for Bristol City and last week at Newcastle. Strange right?

It was strange 93, I said to my friend we possibly see it once a season, so two in one game and the Bristol player was wierd. Hopefully all are ok
MAGA!

Dudleylad

• WBA Chairman

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2021, 09:52:01 AM »
Definitely wasn't 'let him die', there were a group of youngish Bristol fans giving it out near the top of the stand and the Albion fans started singing 'he's going to cry in a minute'. 

Nothing more nothing less.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2021, 10:41:25 AM »

My spot in the Smeth is towards the back of Block B1. To the best of my knowledge what you've described simply didn't happen. In fact when the Bristol supporter was taken out in front of the stand by medical staff they were applauded by well wishers such as myself. Did you hear it in person or is this something from Facebook?
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Norfolk Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2021, 11:30:08 AM »
My spot in the Smeth is towards the back of Block B1. To the best of my knowledge what you've described simply didn't happen. In fact when the Bristol supporter was taken out in front of the stand by medical staff they were applauded by well wishers such as myself. Did you hear it in person or is this something from Facebook?

No definitely heard this and I am fifty meters into the East Stand.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2021, 11:49:20 AM »
No definitely heard this and I am fifty meters into the East Stand.

I think you may have misheard what you thought you heard given the amount of comments from people on this thread who were actually in the stand where it was supposed to have happened. I definitely didn't hear it from Block B1 which is beside the away support.

Mind you my ears are still ringing from that bloody drum. Quite possibly the loudest it's ever been. The drummer's a good bloke whom I've had a  laugh with but I'd have been more than happy to turn him into a human lollipop yesterday  ;D .

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2021, 11:57:42 AM »
Only reference to dying that I could hear (I sit in the East Stand) was Bristol fans singing 'City til I die' which I thought was a tad insensitive considering one of their own was getting urgent medical treatment.

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2021, 12:09:38 PM »
Only reference to dying that I could hear (I sit in the East Stand) was Bristol fans singing 'City til I die' which I thought was a tad insensitive considering one of their own was getting urgent medical treatment.

Now I definitely heard that. In fairness it's a fairly generic chant. I wouldn't suggest it was insensitive in the circumstances so much as defiance in the face of seeing their team comprehensively played off the pitch at times.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2021, 12:13:31 PM »
Now I definitely heard that. In fairness it's a fairly generic chant. I wouldn't suggest it was insensitive in the circumstances so much as defiance in the face of seeing their team comprehensively played off the pitch at times.

They sang that for sure, I heard that in the East Stand. Also a song about wanting their money back which made me laugh.
MAGA!

Andio

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2021, 01:58:24 PM »
Just to confirm what has already been said, I'm block B1 right at the back. Let him die was definitely NOT sung. As mentioned previously, it was he's going to cry in a minute sung that was aimed at the young City fans giving it large.