Author Topic: Pre Match Chat  (Read 2183 times)

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

Pre Match Chat
« on: September 25, 2021, 01:58:16 AM »
West Bromwich Albion v Birmingham City

Friday 15th October 2021 20.00pm

Please use this board for all your Pre Match Chat. Opposition fans are reminded to abide by the site rules
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

Re: Pre Match Chat
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2021, 04:28:04 AM »
Cant wait for this seems an age since our no show v the clayheads my team would be;

Johnstone
          Ajayi bartley clarke
Furlong JL Mowatt Townsend.             
   Phillips Robinson Diangana

If mowatt isnt fit i would start snodgrass derby games tight affairs usually and he might be a match winner. Although i imagine after 65 mins or so he would need swapping out for molumby. We are at home so we should be looking to win
O Albion we love you

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2021, 09:09:20 AM »
Cant wait for this seems an age since our no show v the clayheads my team would be;

Johnstone
          Ajayi bartley clarke
Furlong JL Mowatt Townsend.             
   Phillips Robinson Diangana

If mowatt isnt fit i would start snodgrass derby games tight affairs usually and he might be a match winner. Although i imagine after 65 mins or so he would need swapping out for molumby. We are at home so we should be looking to win
Although nothing official, I think we can rule Mowatt out so the replacement is key. Snodgrass is probably a safer bet, but him and Livermore might be a bit leggy. Personally I would love Moumby to get a chance, and more importantly, take it as we really need a decent alternative in there.

Ideal for me would be to start with Molumby and finish with Castro and for both to have stormers!

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2021, 09:32:40 AM »
Although nothing official, I think we can rule Mowatt out so the replacement is key. Snodgrass is probably a safer bet, but him and Livermore might be a bit leggy. Personally I would love Moumby to get a chance, and more importantly, take it as we really need a decent alternative in there.

Ideal for me would be to start with Molumby and finish with Castro and for both to have stormers!

I think I'd start with Molumby but finish with Snodgrass, Castro hasn't got enough for me, in the albeit 2 performances I've seen from him (Arsenal in the League cup and against Sunderland for the U23's), he has lots of step overs and tricks and flicks but doesn't seem to have much of a passing range.

Snodgrass, for me, will be a starter when Livermore gets suspended.

wbastrollers

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2021, 09:50:04 AM »
I think I'd start with Molumby but finish with Snodgrass, Castro hasn't got enough for me, in the albeit 2 performances I've seen from him (Arsenal in the League cup and against Sunderland for the U23's), he has lots of step overs and tricks and flicks but doesn't seem to have much of a passing range.

Yes, I couldn’t agree more.
At the moment Castro is a last 15min replacement - unless the coach’s have done something with him - he clearly has immense potential.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2021, 09:55:22 AM »

It was more wishful thinking than anything else as I'd like to see the youngsters come through. Castro is such an enigma it would be great to see him succeed.
Agree that, in reality, it will be Snodgrass / Molumby.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2021, 12:08:41 PM »
It was more wishful thinking than anything else as I'd like to see the youngsters come through. Castro is such an enigma it would be great to see him succeed.

I think Castro will succeed eventually, he seems to have a lot of the basic skills he just needs the experience of regularly playing for the U23's before moving up to the first team. Less showboating when it's not needed and just more football intelligence.

alex1

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2021, 12:38:08 PM »
I have always rated Snodgrass. He has a good football brain and a good left foot.  The thing is, has he the energy and workrate to keep going?
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

TheBaggieMan

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2021, 03:23:48 PM »
With Callum Robinson’s two goals for Ireland he must start. He’s on fire and what a bargain he is turning out to be in the swap for that Burke fellow. (one for the future Pulis said and then paid was it £13m for him!).

Still reckon Callum’s goal against Chelsea is one of the best I’ve seen for years with him starting the build-up and what a volley to finish the move off.  Mowett’s goal was a great strike but unlike Robbo, no classy lead-up play to him scoring - ball was a defenders clearance if I remember correctly.
West Brom 2020/21
Like Sticky the Stick Insect who got stuck on a sticky  bun!

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2021, 04:30:59 PM »
With Callum Robinson’s two goals for Ireland he must start. He’s on fire and what a bargain he is turning out to be in the swap for that Burke fellow. (one for the future Pulis said and then paid was it £13m for him!).

Still reckon Callum’s goal against Chelsea is one of the best I’ve seen for years with him starting the build-up and what a volley to finish the move off.  Mowett’s goal was a great strike but unlike Robbo, no classy lead-up play to him scoring - ball was a defenders clearance if I remember correctly.

Totally agree he has to start (along with Grant), but we have to play to their strengths and keep it on the ground more than it's in the air.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2021, 06:44:03 PM »
I think it's worth pointing out that Molumby is only 22  and has already got 12 caps for Ireland. If we have any mind to sign Molumby permanently, he should take precedence over Snodgrass who seems to have been injured more than he's been fit during his time with us and will be gone at the end of the season regardless (unless we intend to give a new contract to a 34 year-old).
« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 06:45:35 PM by WorcsWBA »

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2021, 08:52:08 AM »
I think it's worth pointing out that Molumby is only 22  and has already got 12 caps for Ireland. If we have any mind to sign Molumby permanently, he should take precedence over Snodgrass who seems to have been injured more than he's been fit during his time with us and will be gone at the end of the season regardless (unless we intend to give a new contract to a 34 year-old).
Agree wholeheartedly, as I said in an earlier post, ideal scenario would be Molumby and Castro pushing through.
Don't see VI risking it though, unfortunately, having lost one experienced pro, he will replace with another. The other option, of course, is Reach in the centre, assuming Clarke will come into the back 3 and Townsend revert to LWB. Wouldn't be my choice but it's a possibility.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2021, 09:17:45 AM »
Agree wholeheartedly, as I said in an earlier post, ideal scenario would be Molumby and Castro pushing through.
Don't see VI risking it though, unfortunately, having lost one experienced pro, he will replace with another. The other option, of course, is Reach in the centre, assuming Clarke will come into the back 3 and Townsend revert to LWB. Wouldn't be my choice but it's a possibility.

Massive square peg in a round hole. Our midfield positions require us being combative, being aggressive and they are not traits I would apply to Adam Reach.

The choice has to be  Molumby- if we don’t use him and his energy then it begs the question as to why we signed him in the first place.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2021, 09:34:20 AM »
As has been said if it’s not Mowatt we have to play Molumby for me to keep that energy in the midfield.

Does Molumby possess the attacking intent we lose when Mowatt isn’t playing though? I’ve not seen enough to know.

I think we should have too much for Blues though. You can never call a derby game though (unless it’s the dingles  ;) )

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2021, 12:39:02 PM »
From what i've seen and read about Molumby then he has to be Mowatt's direct replacement!

Atomic

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2021, 12:49:26 PM »
Molumby has been absolutely dire in his cameos so far.

His reputation is far better than that though and it really isn't fair to judge on a few minutes here and there.

He is an obvious replacement for Mowatt but I'll be watching him like a hawk and he needs to step up five fold on what I've seen so far. We ain't a charity.

Over to you Jayse ........

gazberg

• WBA Coach

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2021, 01:31:13 PM »
Bit harsh to judge Moloumby on his brief appearances i feel. Let him have a game or 2 and if he's rubbish we can slate him then!   ;D

timdon

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2021, 04:54:25 PM »
Bit harsh to judge Moloumby on his brief appearances i feel. Let him have a game or 2 and if he's rubbish we can slate him then!   ;D
Agreed. Some people seem to expect that players are able to be fully up to speed immediately they are called upon. He needs a run of 3 or 4 matches to get completely used to the system and the players around him. During that time I would expect to see improvement each game. We can then start to judge him.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2021, 08:03:21 PM »
Agreed. Some people seem to expect that players are able to be fully up to speed immediately they are called upon. He needs a run of 3 or 4 matches to get completely used to the system and the players around him. During that time I would expect to see improvement each game. We can then start to judge him.

If he can get match fit and fully firing in 4 games he has done well in my opinion.
Lovin the championship, just lovin it !

mulliganstired

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2021, 02:38:42 PM »
Not many better visitors to have when we need to clean the Stoke game out of our system.  Can't see anything much from them except parking bus like Derby, we need to get at them from the off.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2021, 05:27:36 PM »
Spotted a picture of Mowatt in training out on grass on the club's Twitter feed earlier. Good sign hopefully.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2021, 10:27:39 AM »
Spotted a picture of Mowatt in training out on grass on the club's Twitter feed earlier. Good sign hopefully.

it's now on the O/S too, as you say it's hopefully good news.

https://www.wba.co.uk/news/gallery-training-snaps-ahead-blues-derby

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2021, 10:49:01 AM »
it's now on the O/S too, as you say it's hopefully good news.

https://www.wba.co.uk/news/gallery-training-snaps-ahead-blues-derby

Only had a quick look. Interesting to see Soule and Tulloch in the images.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2021, 10:58:43 AM »
Running as well, suggests he is in contention at the very least.  :) Gotta love a good healer  ;)

hardtobeat

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2021, 02:57:00 PM »
Couple of things doing the rounds on social media . Firstly there will be bucket collections for the “ Justice for the 21 campaign “ outside the ground tomorrow night , secondly Blues fans trying to organise  a singing of KRO in the 6 th minute as a mark of respect for a young supporter of theirs recently deceased. I have a feeling that this is the lad murdered by his father so a bit of decorum may be in order !
Baggie for life not just for Xmas