Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Valérien Ismaël - Head Coach
« Last post by tex on Today at 12:37:53 AM »
This is why the game is so good, the emotion, the passion. Just because some fans vent verbally during the game should not be reason to criticize. If everyone went along and passively took whatever was served up and said , well we could be Derby, that would be worse. Although in the USA I was there during our time falling from div 1 to effectively division 3. People booed and moaned and then there was the elation of wembely for the playoff final. It’s because the fans care so much.
The football for the last four games has been terrible, my opinion, and i hope it gets better. The total lack of finesse shown is difficult to watch, second half against QPR was easier to watch. I booed at my computer at half time.
Next Match Forum - 28/09 Cardiff City (A) / Re: Pre Match Chat
« Last post by brummyroader on Yesterday at 11:21:39 PM »
As it’s on Sky’s red button does anyone know whether you can watch this through laptop/phone?
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Under 23's / Academy Thread
« Last post by sconesy on Yesterday at 10:41:21 PM »
Cleary has been known for months. It’s not a surprise.

Also he’s apparently scored for the U21’s again, as has Quevin.

EDIT: currently 2-5; Cleary got 2 and Windsor got 2, Quevin’s was an own goal.

It may well have been known for months….and I never said it was a surprise. My comment was based on latest…more ‘relevant’ news.

If “known for months” is your answer, my point remains just as valid.
General Football & Sports / Re: OFFICIAL EUROPEAN FOOTBALL THREAD
« Last post by Baggies on Yesterday at 10:06:48 PM »
UEFA has dropped its legal challenge against Juve, Real and Barca, as a court deadline loomed. Sanctions are still not off the table, but it does hint that the remaining 3 rebel clubs' legal case is stronger than first thought.

If UEFA are powerless due to international/EU laws it's bad news for the long term hopes of keeping the league at bay.
« Last post by Baggies on Yesterday at 09:58:37 PM »
Great win for the Under 21's - 11 goals in the space of a few days.

Not going to pay too much attention to Cleary's progress, we have seen it enough times now to know that our best kids don't stay, they go at the first chance they can due to something not quite right at the club, but behind him we have to hope there are some slower developers who aren't quite grabbing the attention but who will sneak up in the first team - players like O'Shea and to a lesser extent Ferguson.
General Football & Sports / Re: FORMULA ONE THREAD
« Last post by BaggieBoy04 on Yesterday at 09:29:09 PM »
No idea what the spend was but my mate's dad used to drive in the figure of eight at Hendesrord.  He drove cars in out and out banger racing and the hot rods too.

Took us out in one of his cars on a warm up lap once whilst we flew about in the back as he drove around the potholed track at speed. No helmets or seatbelts for us of course.

Today's safety elves would have had a collective heart attack. We thought it was brilliant though but at the same time it may explain 'one or two' of the more head banging life choices I've made over the years.

Battered dome effect  ;) .
There was a banger racing garage that had a few white blokes and there kids working on old Micras and stuff. It was located on the Darlaston Road in the row if Garages next to what used be to Servis it was the end one next to the former Three Crowns Pub, now I think it is an illegal Chop Shop as there was a dusty old Nissan Skyline in there and an Audi RS5 at a guess with Brake Lights stripped parked out front. Wouldn't be surprised as around the corner on Bright Street I walked past once when the garage was open saw loads of cars there with bumpers and stuff and a Bloke once said what you looking at. Shame if the Banger Racer place has gone was going to ask if I could have a look and maybe help out learn how to fix a car. I am into Cars and have seen Banger Racing on Youtube or seeing people destroy old Bangers on Youtube looked fun.
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Karlan Grant
« Last post by BaggieBoy04 on Yesterday at 09:19:36 PM »
My mate was saying Grant was useless then he scores then he scores again that man can have my children still don't remember the rest of that night oh yeah I had a cold which went away and won the quadruple with us on Fifa other than that don't remember think I celebrated to hard
« Last post by gazberg on Yesterday at 08:55:27 PM »
Dortmund want Cleary apparently. Can't blame the lad for going if he does.
« Last post by Hunnington Baggie on Yesterday at 08:42:24 PM »
More disconcerting news about arguably our brightest prospect - Reyes Cleary. Apparently no contract agreed and vultures soaring.

I’m starting to believe that we’re not as inept as we seem regarding tying down young talent. I’m not speculating, but I wiser man than I may suggest there’s some serious back-handers going on.
Cleary has been known for months. It’s not a surprise.

Also he’s apparently scored for the U21’s again, as has Quevin.

EDIT: currently 2-5; Cleary got 2 and Windsor got 2, Quevin’s was an own goal.
« Last post by sconesy on Yesterday at 08:34:43 PM »
More disconcerting news about arguably our brightest prospect - Reyes Cleary. Apparently no contract agreed and vultures soaring.

I’m starting to believe that we’re not as inept as we seem regarding tying down young talent. I’m not speculating, but I wiser man than I may suggest there’s some serious back-handers going on.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10