Author Topic: Tony Pulis  (Read 5135139 times)

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

Re: Tony Pulis
« Reply #100 on: January 01, 2015, 08:35:07 PM »
His "Style" Is IMHO irrelevant. If he can makes us serious buggers to play that is all. All this airy fairy rubbish about "flowing etc ect" A La Mowbray and the dreams of old ...are just that now. We need to be a hard place to come.
We won the FA Cup with defenders and mid that would take you to hell screaming! And forwards that could take anything like the same.
The game is different but the tactician will overcome.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #101 on: January 01, 2015, 08:48:12 PM »
His "Style" Is IMHO irrelevant. If he can makes us serious buggers to play that is all. All this airy fairy rubbish about "flowing etc ect" A La Mowbray and the dreams of old ...are just that now. We need to be a hard place to come.
We won the FA Cup with defenders and mid that would take you to hell screaming! And forwards that could take anything like the same.
The game is different but the tactician will overcome.
Love it..................and you are 100% spot on. Williams, Fraser, Talbot, Kaye.............NO PRISONERS !!!
He's a lad from the Wrenna

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #102 on: January 01, 2015, 08:51:56 PM »
Love it..................and you are 100% spot on. Williams, Fraser, Talbot, Kaye.............NO PRISONERS !!!
Indeed.I often think of you on your "Scooter" When in a howling gale on a hill or a mountain! With my ski groups and tell them of you!! Grit and Guile no feckin airy fairy. The Fairies win feck all in the Prem as we saw under TM.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #103 on: January 01, 2015, 08:57:22 PM »

Barlow, Setters, Drury, Wile, Colqhoun, Robertson, Giles, Robson, etc. etc.

Don't get me wrong, when successful we've always has tough uncompromising midfielders and central defenders - who could play a bit as well, what's wrong with being strong and skillful?

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #104 on: January 01, 2015, 09:00:34 PM »
Barlow, Setters, Drury, Wile, Colqhoun, Robertson, Giles, Robson, etc. etc.

Don't get me wrong, when successful we've always has tough uncompromising midfielders and central defenders - who could play a bit as well, what's wrong with being strong and skillful?

I'd include one of my all time favourites Len Cantello, I'm sure other Baggies fans can add to this list.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #105 on: January 01, 2015, 09:02:37 PM »
Welcome Mr. Pulis and the best of luck to you.

With one stroke JP has solved a lot of problems that has plagued us for years. Here is a domestic coach with the credentials to take us forward as a club and a personality the players simply cannot freeze out, ignore, or butter up to. The players, this time, know if they try anything cute it is them who will be out on their ear, not the coach. This wasn't the case with the previous three coaches and it would have been a potential issue with Sherwood as his relative inexperience would have given the players a potential excuse to keep dallying.

Also we finally have a footballing personality to make up for the loss of Dan Ashworth. Hopefully TP will play decent football with us, but at this point, short term, the overriding focus simply has to be to sort out our rotten/soft squad and get the players playing properly again and COMPETE as opposed to merely show up for an easy pay check.

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #106 on: January 01, 2015, 09:15:22 PM »
Totally agree about the players being out on there ear if they play up and not the coach this time.

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #107 on: January 01, 2015, 09:26:09 PM »
Welcome Mr. Pulis and the best of luck to you.

With one stroke JP has solved a lot of problems that has plagued us for years. Here is a domestic coach with the credentials to take us forward as a club and a personality the players simply cannot freeze out, ignore, or butter up to. The players, this time, know if they try anything cute it is them who will be out on their ear, not the coach. This wasn't the case with the previous three coaches and it would have been a potential issue with Sherwood as his relative inexperience would have given the players a potential excuse to keep dallying.

Also we finally have a footballing personality to make up for the loss of Dan Ashworth. Hopefully TP will play decent football with us, but at this point, short term, the overriding focus simply has to be to sort out our rotten/soft squad and get the players playing properly again and COMPETE as opposed to merely show up for an easy pay check.
I think so.He will set us hard to beat. That to me is the start.Always has been.

Rheneas

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #108 on: January 01, 2015, 09:57:10 PM »

We have a guy who when we lose or god forbid give up i think these players will be scared to get in the dressing room

You're not wrong there mate.

I've just seen a picture of his number 2, Kemp as well.  He looks like he's built like a brick out-house and his stare could stop a charging rhino. No way I'd want to be on the wrong side of those two, but they're also just the kind of blokes you want  backing you up in a fight. 

liam-zuiverloon

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #109 on: January 01, 2015, 10:15:11 PM »
Sorry if already been spoken about... Watched the game on a live stream today
hopefully will be shown on motd, TP getting very involved even when he's supposed
to be watching from the stands, sent his number 2 down to give instructions to
Downing & co on for than one occasion. I believe he instigated Yacob coming on to the pitch. Was very
entertaining to see. like having him here already!
Some people's spelling is hylaryous.

WBARoberts

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #110 on: January 02, 2015, 12:08:22 AM »
Sorry if already been spoken about... Watched the game on a live stream today
hopefully will be shown on motd, TP getting very involved even when he's supposed
to be watching from the stands, sent his number 2 down to give instructions to
Downing & co on for than one occasion. I believe he instigated Yacob coming on to the pitch. Was very
entertaining to see. like having him here already!

They showed that on MOTD - was great to see. Wants to get started and obviously already has plenty to say.

Londonbaggymike

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #111 on: January 02, 2015, 12:49:28 AM »
You can see that he is totally committed - sitting in the stands on a watching brief and having to get stuck in. Also loved Savage's comment on MOTD about guaranteed not to go down. Take nothing for granted but I really don't think we could've hoped for a better appointment.

Re. style: the nature of our goal today - a ball out of defence by Dozza to Saido who shifted it to Sess before receiving the return and finishing with aplomb- will hopefully show him our strengths and show that swift counter attacking a la palace is the way to go.

Mikkyk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #112 on: January 02, 2015, 12:56:39 AM »
Well done to Peace for the first time in a while. Just put some proper blue stripes on our shirts and you will have righted a lot of your recent wrongs.

Oh and some money to spend in January would be nice.

On a different note, who was the guy sitting immediately to Pulis's right, in between Pulis and Kemp/Burton?

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #113 on: January 02, 2015, 12:58:22 AM »
Well done to Peace for the first time in a while. Just put some proper blue stripes on our shirts and you will have righted a lot of your recent wrongs.

Oh and some money to spend in January would be nice.

On a different note, who was the guy sitting immediately to Pulis's right, in between Pulis and Kemp/Burton?

Antony Pulis, his son.

Mikkyk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #114 on: January 02, 2015, 01:08:06 AM »
Antony Pulis, his son.

Is that just an "I'm bringing my son along" or is he going to be involved in our setup in some way?

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #115 on: January 02, 2015, 01:13:27 AM »
Is that just an "I'm bringing my son along" or is he going to be involved in our setup in some way?

Not sure actually his son is actually looking to get into coaching atm. Doubt with us though dunno.

Think he coaching with Orlando City at the moment after retiring from playing.

Aixelsyd

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #116 on: January 02, 2015, 06:21:15 AM »
Welcome Tony

I honestly thought I would never say that....

I never wanted or liked AI being appointed and while I had moments of warming to him, I am very happy he is gone.

As for Mr Pulis, well I never thought I would ever get to a point where his appointment would actually excite me but it has.

After the last 18-24 months we really need a Leader of his caliber to clean up the mess that we have become...

He will get my 100% support... I amazed I just said that :)

On a roundel paly of thirteen argent and azure a missel thrush perched on a hawthorn branch leaved and fructed proper.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #117 on: January 02, 2015, 08:04:21 AM »
He was involved alot in the 2nd half, and he didnt need to be, he could have easily have stayed, watched the game, and gone home and decided what to do.

Instead, he noticed what wasnt going right, got instructions sent down, and I believe the Yacob sub was his instruction, and Sess staying on the pitch was also his doing.

How often have we seen Sess last 70 minutes, yet yesterday he lasted 90 and was a useful outlet late in the game.

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #118 on: January 02, 2015, 08:40:06 AM »
Not been on here for about a week so a lots happened. Glad Irvine is gone, and never thought I'd say it but we needed Pulis and I'm glad we've got him. Sadly, 6 months too late. Either way it s a good appointment.

For the first time after reading manager quotes I was up for the game. Pulis spoke of Unity and togetherness and I think he will deliver. Bit of belief restored.
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #119 on: January 02, 2015, 08:51:33 AM »
Welcome to the Albion Tone, go sort them out
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #120 on: January 02, 2015, 09:10:41 AM »
Brunt is licking ass already I notice. Take the armband off him Tone and give it to Lescott.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #121 on: January 02, 2015, 09:19:43 AM »
When I heard about TP making the subs and already the subs Yesterday and speaking to them at half time. Did Roy speak to the players before or at half time when we had that 3-3 with West Ham?
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #122 on: January 02, 2015, 09:24:30 AM »
I don't care if any of the Kiely, Downing or Kelly were offended by TP's input yesterday. It's his team now and that input may well have secured us a valuable point.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #123 on: January 02, 2015, 09:46:42 AM »
Brunt is licking ass already I notice. Take the armband off him Tone and give it to Lescott.

Just read that, expect to see a couple more players releasing statements about how good a manager TP is and how enjoyable training is.

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #124 on: January 02, 2015, 09:48:19 AM »
Just read that, expect to see a couple more players releasing statements about how good a manager TP is and how enjoyable training is.

Makes you wonder if they actually liked irvine!