Author Topic: Would we beat the Dingles?  (Read 32933 times)

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

Re: Would we beat the Dingles?
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2017, 12:04:54 AM »
cmon get real folks,they are a decent team in an average league,we have seen it many times when similar performing promoted clubs storm the championship and struggle in the prem and have a rude awakening.chill

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2017, 06:23:57 AM »
Bloody hell this forum is getting full of pant-wetters, feck the Dingles, we don't need to discuss them on here do we ?

I don't know whats happening to some of our fans. I bet they take a cushion to sit on.
Let's hope there isn't another war eh?

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2017, 07:59:26 AM »
They are laughing at some of you on molineux mix

Well done chaps

kev

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2017, 08:01:29 AM »
Yes they would beat us and I think comfortably
They play fast attacking football that we could not cope with.. To believe the gap between us and wolves is huge  because we play in the premiership is nonsense I think the gab between championship and  the top 5 or 6 in premiership is massive but below that not much difference. If West Brom at this moment  were in the championship I think we would be mid table at best.. Every team as it's day and its been nice that we have been the top team in Midlands but I think that time will soon be over.  With the money support  and connections wolves have I can see them within the next 5 years or so as one of the  top 4 or 5 big clubs in the  premiership.  I hate wolves and I'm not looking forward to watching them become what I wish west brom could of been.

Aixelsyd

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2017, 08:18:38 AM »
They play fast attacking football that we could not cope with.. To believe the gap between us and wolves is huge  because we play in the premiership is nonsense I think the gab between championship and  the top 5 or 6 in premiership is massive but below that not much difference. If West Brom at this moment  were in the championship I think we would be mid table at best.. Every team as it's day and its been nice that we have been the top team in Midlands but I think that time will soon be over.  With the money support  and connections wolves have I can see them within the next 5 years or so as one of the  top 4 or 5 big clubs in the  premiership. I hate wolves and I'm not looking forward to watching them become what I wish west brom could of been.

haha  hilarious  :P :P :P :P

The gulf is massive, that is why each season the newly promoted clubs, after strengthening, still tend to struggle...

and frankly  what Wolves have done is nothing special, compared to many other "Money" club in the championship have already done...

So name one that has "broken through"  the 6th place glass ceiling?
On a roundel paly of thirteen argent and azure a missel thrush perched on a hawthorn branch leaved and fructed proper.

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2017, 08:51:52 AM »
They play fast attacking football that we could not cope with.. To believe the gap between us and wolves is huge  because we play in the premiership is nonsense I think the gab between championship and  the top 5 or 6 in premiership is massive but below that not much difference. If West Brom at this moment  were in the championship I think we would be mid table at best.. Every team as it's day and its been nice that we have been the top team in Midlands but I think that time will soon be over.  With the money support  and connections wolves have I can see them within the next 5 years or so as one of the  top 4 or 5 big clubs in the  premiership.  I hate wolves and I'm not looking forward to watching them become what I wish west brom could of been.,

LOL  don't panic yet!!!!, strange world we now live in weather warnings for a bit of rain or wind, not sure whether your a boy or a girl , wolves might become a good team, life was far more straight forward when i was young!.

kev

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2017, 08:52:01 AM »

haha  hilarious  :P :P :P :P

The gulf is massive, that is why each season the newly promoted clubs, after strengthening, still tend to struggle...

and frankly  what Wolves have done is nothing special, compared to many other "Money" club in the championship have already done...

So name one that has "broken through"  the 6th place glass ceiling?

Burnley, Newcastle, Huddersfield, Brighton, not struggling at all and don't think because we are a established premiership club that they will be regulated before us... I think with Jeff shi behind them I can see wolves breaking through as one of the top 5 or 6 top teams in premiership..
Modify message
Report to moderator     92.42.56.62

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2017, 08:57:08 AM »
Compare the Wolves best 11 and our best 11 with everybody on form, Neves would get in and Jota as he is a goalscorer, thats about it for definites.

Helder Costa on his day probably would too, so thats 2 maybe 3 out of 11.

As stated above when Wolves do it against the top clubs in that league, find a way of winning ugly, etc and are there after a glue of games, ie - New Year then thats when to take teams serious.

Personally for putting up with a few months of delirium from them and Villa coming up (Blues are okay) i hope all three midlands clubs come up, six derby matches a season to look forward too, lets be honest league wise there isnt a great deal to look forward to at the moment, we are playing in a league we arent going to win.

At least with the derby matches there is that bit of edge, gets people going a bit, fair play to the wolves the atmosphere sounded good on saturday, i would much rather have games against Wolves, Villa and Blues than say Burnley, Swansea and Bournemouth (and i am sure those clubs would rather have other teams in the league than us!)

We have been top dogs for a few years and got close to winning absolutely nothing, its how football is now, we will get relegated at some stage and one of the others will be top dogs, football goes in cycles.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 08:59:12 AM by Albion79 »

Wigmore

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2017, 10:53:35 AM »

I think with Jeff shi behind them I can see wolves breaking through as one of the top 5 or 6 top teams in premiership..

Congratulations! You have managed to put a smile on my face, and believe me that takes some doing.
I know this board thrives on pessimism, but have you ever seen a sillier claim regarding our neighbours?
Just which of these behemoths ...Man U, Man C, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs, will WWFC replace?? :o
Having seen the many reports which indicate that the Chinese state is taking measures to restrict the outflow of capital for overseas investment in vanity projects, just how will Fosun bankroll their adventure?
Maybe they will get 'The Money Shop' main sponsor to match the ONE BILLION pounds plus that the Abu Dhabi United Group for Development and Investment have shoveled into Man C since 2008.

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2017, 11:44:07 AM »
I wouldn't fancy playing them with Pulis at the helm as it would be embarrassing letting them have 75% possession and attack us all game, we'd still beat them though. As much as I despise the way we play, only 4-5 of their squad would get in our match day 18.

One thing I will say is that they have the thickest and most deluded fan base I have ever seen. We have our fair share of imbeciles, and the Villa fans have a complex where they have to mention how big they are in every other sentence, but Wolves are on a completely different level. There are actually a number of Wolves fans who think they will break into the PL top 6 within the next couple of seasons. Genuine posts from MolMix, can't tell if they are serious or joking:

Of PL overall, only Man C would have me worried, maybe Man U at Old Trafford, Kane/Deli Ali in form for Spurs, Chelsea without Conte...what seen of rest, with current squad retained and 2 more transfer windows, looking for top 6 PL finish next season... and a cup.

The journey is only just beginning people ..... think big stars, big stadium improvements, we will once again become a force in European football!!!

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2017, 12:14:56 PM »
Given the post above, there is obviously some new recreational drug doing the rounds at the custard bowl......
MAGA!

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2017, 12:46:33 PM »
I think people here are seriously underrating the pedigree of some of Wolves players. Neves captained Porto in the Champions League. Jota is on loan from Atletico Madrid. Ruddy has played for England. Boly and Miranda are quality defenders.

How would we do if we played them? Best XI vs best XI, we'd probably get all sorts of football played around us and then nick the winner off a set-piece... so much like any other game we win. But they are playing good football with quality players who shouldn't be at that level, and if we keep Pulis then they have the chance to go past us next year with even more investment.

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2017, 01:24:51 PM »
I think people here are seriously underrating the pedigree of some of Wolves players. Neves captained Porto in the Champions League. Jota is on loan from Atletico Madrid. Ruddy has played for England. Boly and Miranda are quality defenders.

How would we do if we played them? Best XI vs best XI, we'd probably get all sorts of football played around us and then nick the winner off a set-piece... so much like any other game we win. But they are playing good football with quality players who shouldn't be at that level, and if we keep Pulis then they have the chance to go past us next year with even more investment.

Evans is a £30m defender and has won the league, Barry has won the league and played 50 times for England, Krychowiak is one of the best defensive mids in the world, Gibbs has consistently finished top 4 and played for England, Foster and Livermore have played for England, Rondon has played Champions League, Chadli starts for Belgium and has played Champions League.

Our squad is miles ahead of theirs. I agree that our manager holds us back.

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2017, 01:40:35 PM »
Based on current squads wes beat them 9/10 times. Only 3 players I'd take off them; costa, neves and jota. Not sure neves or costa would start but I really rate jota.

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2017, 02:44:47 PM »
For what its worth i would be enjoying things if i was a Wolves fan now, i am sure i saw the other day that its 10 years since Mowbray took over, i remember that time of  how enjoyable it was looking forward to games, knowing we would outpass and outscore most teams, i think Wolves fans have that feeling at the moment and good luck to them.

If they come up (and its still a big if) thats when the reality sinks in because with the exception of Swansea and Bournemouth who have come up in recent years, i cant remember many teams who have come up playing 'sexy football' who have done any good. At the moment they are beating Burton Albion, Barnsley and Bolton, theres even a big difference between the worst premier league sides and the worst championship ones.

Even Bournemouth and years before Swansea had to wise up, it would be great if you could come up and just carry on as per the championship but the reality is many teams are better at it than you, and then you come against the likes of your Albions, Burnleys, etc who know how to win ugly, most teams who come up have that early season buzz but a few months in reality sinks in, think Huddersfield are finding that the last few games.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2017, 03:37:14 PM »
They wouldnt get near us 9/10 and we would win no problem.

Im suprised at some of the replies on here if im honest
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

ashdoy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2017, 06:50:04 PM »
They wouldnt get near us 9/10 and we would win no problem.

Im suprised at some of the replies on here if im honest

Me too! I honestly think we'd be fine, gulf is large enough between the leagues.

However, momentum does play a big part. That obviously favours them.

silver surfer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2017, 06:57:06 PM »
Our best day v their best day. We would win home or away.

On any given day we could lose to anybody, mind you that's how we've always been.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2017, 06:58:40 PM »
Some incredible replies on here that belong on Mol Mix.

I despair of some Albion fans.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2017, 09:26:12 AM »
In answer to the question - yes definately!

I've not really seen much of them but I'd bet they would get relegated with their current team in the premier - seems more like a Mowbray team than anything else. I think they'd be pretty on the eye but would be soft and wouldn't know who to break down tough , savvy teams like ourselves every week!

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2017, 03:36:24 PM »
I implore anyone who is depressed about watching Pulis football to go on MolMix and have a read of some of their threads, I actually have tears running down my face from some of their posts. Their lack of football knowledge and confidence that they will soon be a footballing superpower is astounding. Here is a genuine post about the supposed quality of their players, when the guy says "top 6" he means PL top 6  ;D

I think as it stands, going through the team:
Ruddy: Midtable
Norris: Midtable, Potential top 6 from what I have seen
Douglas: Bottom 6
Vinagre: Midtable, Potential top 4
Doherty: Midtable
Ofosu Ateh: ?????
Boly: Top 6
Miranda: Midtable, Maybe top 6 as very composed.
Coady: Bottom 6, Maybe Midtable, Potential top 6 as very new to the role
Batth: Bottom 6
Bennett: Championship player
Hause: Bottom 6, Potential top 4
Iorfa: I still rate him and think Nuno could make him the new Rio Ferdinand. I really believe that. Depends on his attitude. Potential top 4 centre half.
Neves: Top 6, Potential top 4
Saiss: Top 6
N’Diaye: Midtable
Price: Championship player
Marshall: Bottom 6.
Ronan: Championship player from what I have seen. Potentially I don’t know.
Cav: Top 6, Potential top 4
Costa: Top 6, Potential top 4
Jota: Top 4
Bright: Bottom 6, Potential top 4
Bonatini: Midtable, Potential top 6
Zyro: Championship player
Wilson: Potential Championship player.

Yes ladies and gentleman, this is a man who thinks Conor Coady is a potential top 6 quality centre back  :o
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 03:38:32 PM by wba_1996 »

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2017, 04:20:14 PM »
I can't stand the dingles, hate everything about them including their fans.

But for the people that are too caught up on the fact of being in the premier league, take a look on Mol Mix at the thread they have started, "Would you swap places with Albion?"

Comes to something when even your 'rivals' can see what is happening to our beloved club yet our own fans can't even though its right under their nose.

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2017, 04:30:54 PM »
I can't stand the dingles, hate everything about them including their fans.

But for the people that are too caught up on the fact of being in the premier league, take a look on Mol Mix at the thread they have started, "Would you swap places with Albion?"

Comes to something when even your 'rivals' can see what is happening to our beloved club yet our own fans can't even though its right under their nose.

Yeah because their opinions are not biased at all.

And to be honest I couldn't give a S*** what they think.
the regime don't like it man

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2017, 04:33:36 PM »
I think people are getting a bit carried away.

Fair play Wolves looked a good side yesterday, not quite the next Brazil some of their fans were talking about yesterday but still decent.

However, this time last season Man City were smashing everyone, league winners by xmas, etc, etc, they then had teams start to suss them out a bit, got a few bad results, lost the confidence, the english winter, etc and never fully recovered.

Thats why with regards to Wolves see where they are January / February time, when they have come through the above challenges, see if they can do it on a cold night in Barnsley, when you have some championship career defender who doesnt care who you are and will be more than happy to rough you up.

The two teams who got a bit physical with them - Cardiff and Sheffield United beat them comfortable, i would imagine teams will try and play that way, they dont like the tough love.

If you let Wolves play they are a decent side, no doubting that, Villa played right into Wolves hands too yesterday, but rough them up a bit, they dont like it, cant remember who they played but they drew i think and the Wolves manager was having a bit of a cry at how the opposition played, very much like Mowbray used to in the premier league when teams sussed us out.

I would think they would beat us 1 in every 4 or 5, they are playing Burton Albion, Bolton, etc each week, when they come up against the likes of Man City, Tottenham, etc and get a few spankings see how good they think they are then, confidence goes.

If they come up at the end of the season they will of deserved it and i would much rather a team come up trying to play how they do than being dull and boring but lets see if they can handle all the other stuff than comes with it beforehand, there has many a false dawn at the Dingle Dome.

Liked this, great assessment.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2017, 04:38:34 PM »

Burnley, Newcastle, Huddersfield, Brighton, not struggling at all and don't think because we are a established premiership club that they will be regulated before us... I think with Jeff shi behind them I can see wolves breaking through as one of the top 5 or 6 top teams in premiership..
Modify message
Report to moderator     92.42.56.62

Are you Villa in disguise? Comedy Gold my friend, Comedy Gold.

They looked pretty good at the weekend, but mainly because the Vile looked utter dogwipe.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music