Author Topic: Isaiah Brown  (Read 5122 times)

TheBaggieMan

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

Isaiah Brown
« on: August 01, 2020, 09:30:56 PM »

Isaiah Brown

Who is this guy?
https://www.wba.co.uk/teams/senior/

Unless I’ve missed something, the only player of that name was ‘Izzy’ Brown who went to the Academy robbers, Chelsea, did nothing with them and has been with Luton Town this last season.
West Brom 2023/24
Has Sticky the Stick Insect finally got unstuck from that sticky bun?
Great stuff under Corberan - keep it up Baggies!

Dan

• WBA Coach

Re: Isaiah Brown
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2020, 09:57:19 PM »
Just some error on the website, 43 was his number when he was here back in 12/13.

As a wider point, for all the praise our academy gets for producing attackers, absolutely none of them have made it at premier league level. Here or otherwise. I guess Berahino would have done with a better attitude and at least did do it for one season, but regardless. Makes you think.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 09:58:52 PM by Dan »

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2020, 11:49:03 PM »
I did type out a reply about our academy, listing around 15 plus attacking players currently playing professional football who have come through our academy in recent years, but because touchscreen tablets are dogs****, it deleted it all as I tried to send it.

Suffice to say, the academy from the ages of 8-16 is one of the best producers of attacking footballers in all of England. The issues seem to come when they get into full time football. We still haven’t cracked how to turn exciting youngsters into top pro’s in the same way that Southampton/Leicester/Norwich/Villa/Palace manage to.
Boing Boing

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2020, 12:15:03 AM »
Just some error on the website, 43 was his number when he was here back in 12/13.

As a wider point, for all the praise our academy gets for producing attackers, absolutely none of them have made it at premier league level. Here or otherwise. I guess Berahino would have done with a better attitude and at least did do it for one season, but regardless. Makes you think.

Berahino was a fantastic talent and was ahead of Kane at one point, he had it all but his mentality ruined him - I don't think the academy can be blamed for that. Overall I still feel our academy is really good, when it's not being pillaged by the bigger clubs we tend to produce a lot of players who go on to have solid careers.

Funnily enough I think Brown was ahead of Berahino at one point which also says a lot. Most of our fans talk about Berahino ruining his career, but at least he had a few good years in the Premier League and showed his level and then made a fortune at Stoke. Brown on the other hand took the early deal with Chelsea and his peak since then is being a regular at Luton which says a lot. It makes you wonder about Ferguson in that sense if he doesn't play much at Palace will his talent also go to waste?

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2020, 08:21:29 AM »
You would think our youngsters would have learned by now that leaving our youth set up in a greedy grasping way normally has a bad outcome.
Baggie in Southampton

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2020, 09:27:17 AM »
In Brown’s defence, it seems injuries have damaged his progress. He was brilliant at Luton until yet another injury.
Boing Boing

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2020, 11:46:58 AM »
Berahino was a fantastic talent and was ahead of Kane at one point, he had it all but his mentality ruined him - I don't think the academy can be blamed for that. Overall I still feel our academy is really good, when it's not being pillaged by the bigger clubs we tend to produce a lot of players who go on to have solid careers.

Funnily enough I think Brown was ahead of Berahino at one point which also says a lot. Most of our fans talk about Berahino ruining his career, but at least he had a few good years in the Premier League and showed his level and then made a fortune at Stoke. Brown on the other hand took the early deal with Chelsea and his peak since then is being a regular at Luton which says a lot. It makes you wonder about Ferguson in that sense if he doesn't play much at Palace will his talent also go to waste?
Everything depends on how you look at things and what you want from a situation...
Izzy brown has probably got more in the bank than I will ever earn, so has he really done that bad?
Michael Johnson ,Neil mellor,Freddie adu.....these guys were all supposed to be way better than Jordan Henderson,Jamie Vardy and James Milner...but they all peaked too early or just lost that thing that you need to be at the top top level..
Our academy (from what I understand) has more than paid for itself....fans may not like to see players leave and become “better” elsewhere, but 5hey don’t tend to mention the ones that fell off and we made cash from.
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

TheBaggieMan

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2020, 08:41:52 AM »
Interesting. :o

The name and occupant of shirt number 43 has now been removed from the official Baggies website.

I wonder if one of our forum members is a West Brom employee and have informed the ‘Izzy’ Brown error of inclusion in the player listings.....

OR

Has Isaiah learnt the error of his ways and now wants to return to the Mighty Premiership Baggies!!!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 05:56:02 PM by TheBaggieMan »
West Brom 2023/24
Has Sticky the Stick Insect finally got unstuck from that sticky bun?
Great stuff under Corberan - keep it up Baggies!

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2020, 09:13:05 AM »
or it was a placeholder for an incoming?
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2020, 04:27:34 PM »
or it was a placeholder for an incoming?

Number 43 as a placeholder for a new signing doesn't fill me with glee?
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

baggie_liam

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2020, 07:18:06 PM »
Number 43 as a placeholder for a new signing doesn't fill me with glee?

Balotelli 😂😂

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2020, 09:30:02 PM »
Balotelli 😂😂
It may be nothing ......but at football Sunday morning, the dingle behind reception said he had heard this was nailed on 😲😲
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

tambag

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2020, 08:11:21 PM »

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2020, 10:09:19 PM »
It may be nothing ......but at football Sunday morning, the dingle behind reception said he had heard this was nailed on 😲😲

Sunday morning footy - reception,!! How things have changed since King Edwards pitch 12 !!!
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2020, 10:20:56 PM »

Webby

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2020, 10:57:55 PM »
No loss in my view.

Created a chance every 28 minutes in the champ last season. Highest average by miles
Love, Live, Life, and I'm dead. - "Weezy F. Baby"

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2020, 11:29:39 PM »
He is a talent, but players who have that many injuries usually have issues they aren’t going to fix. He is just the under rated Jack Wilshere.
Boing Boing

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2020, 01:12:03 PM »
I'd question whether he's got the desire to succeed at this point.

Chelsea signed him very young, after 1 appearance here as a 16 or 17 year old. Since then he will have been on tens of thousands per week, and despite several loan moves, he's never really got people talking about him anywhere. He went for the money, and it must be hard to keep the hunger to succeed if he looks at his bank balance.

We do tend to give young footballers too much too soon in this country, and so they never fulfil what they are capable.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2020, 01:21:48 PM »

Chelsea signed him very young, after 1 appearance here as a 16 or 17 year old. Since then he will have been on tens of thousands per week, and despite several loan moves, he's never really got people talking about him anywhere. He went for the money, and it must be hard to keep the hunger to succeed if he looks at his bank balance.

We do tend to give young footballers too much too soon in this country, and so they never fulfil what they are capable.

There's very little chance of any youngster breaking through at the big clubs like Chelsea. They've only turned to a few this season due to the transfer ban but even the likes of Hudson Odoi and Abraham weren't regulars. I suspect Mount will be pushed down the pecking order by new signings too. Can't blame Brown for moving to them. He's getting well paid and has played regularly elsewhere when he's been fit. Incidentally he's made more appearances that Sam Field has over the last 5 seasons.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2020, 01:25:52 PM »
There's very little chance of any youngster breaking through at the big clubs like Chelsea. They've only turned to a few this season due to the transfer ban but even the likes of Hudson Odoi and Abraham weren't regulars. I suspect Mount will be pushed down the pecking order by new signings too. Can't blame Brown for moving to them. He's getting well paid and has played regularly elsewhere when he's been fit. Incidentally he's made more appearances that Sam Field has over the last 5 seasons.

He's about 18 months older, and has spent more time out on loan at Championship clubs.

Lies, damn lies, and statistics.  :P

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2020, 01:30:00 PM »
Shouldn’t this be in the ex-players thread? He left 7 years ago!

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2020, 01:31:14 PM »
He's about 18 months older, and has spent more time out on loan at Championship clubs.

Lies, damn lies, and statistics.  :P

For me this highlights why moving was the right thing to do as better for his development. Plus he'll be on a lot more money. Had Field moved on I'm sure he'd be in the same position. He's just stagnated by staying here.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2020, 07:43:52 PM »

2 posts above yours states that in the championship he created a chance every 28 minutes....I don’t think thee are any issues with his desire ?

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2020, 08:05:02 PM »
I'd have taken Brown back on a perm deal. As one of our English club loans, not for me.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.