Author Topic: "Individual errors"  (Read 2887 times)

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

"Individual errors"
« on: December 26, 2014, 09:37:10 PM »
I've been hearing this since the first game of the season. My question is, when will people realise these aren't one-off 'freak incidents' and are in fact habitual as they happen in practically ever game of ours this season.

My point is, an individual error is something which happens as a one-off. Our faults aren't 'individual' when players are making mistakes game after game, surely this is more systematic than some claim?

ComebackStrodds

• Youth Baggie

Re: "Individual errors"
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2014, 09:48:07 PM »
There still individual errors, there just more frequent. The more the confidence goes and bad atmospheres are created by fans it will keep happening. A few wins and it could improve.

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2014, 10:48:05 AM »
The real worry is that it's our better players making serious errors now. Their confidence is shot.

Jeb-Dog

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2014, 11:02:42 AM »
Because there are no repercussions to making an error this is why they continue to happen. Pocogonoli was not dropped despite his set piece horror show on QPR's third goal. And neither will Foster despite his role in the Man City first and third goal. His kicking has been torrid for a couple of seasons but his goalkeeping coach is Dean Kiely, whose kicking itself is horrible.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2014, 11:09:26 AM »
"Individual Errors" is a way of deflecting the blame. In other words "I set up right, but no-one can account for individual errors" meaning - "It's not my fault".

Irvine is shockingly out of his depth.

cidhawk

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2014, 12:12:33 PM »
Most goals are scored as a result of 'individual errors' so to use this as an excuse is not acceptable from Irvine.  Good teams make less 'individual errors' than poor teams and that is why we are where we are (because we make too many).

johnthebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2014, 12:24:39 PM »
"Individual Errors" is a way of deflecting the blame. In other words "I set up right, but no-one can account for individual errors" meaning - "It's not my fault".

Irvine is shockingly out of his depth.
Individual errors obviously effect the score sometimes, I'm sure Irvine didn't tell Foster to drop the ball just as I'm sure he didn't tell Wisdom or whoever to give a penalty away last week....these are just errors.

However what they do give is an excuse for irvine to use which does deflect his ineptness.

Gilsey 56

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2014, 12:32:40 PM »
Please lets not miss the fact that Foster came to us as one of the best in the premiership, coached by the same man at bham city as Joe Hart. He has been coached now by the same man as Myhil andCarson, all three have gone on to become a pale shadow of the players we signed.
In the beginning there was light.......Followed by the king Jeff Astle.

Nice1Cyrille

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2014, 01:31:56 PM »
Individual errors is the wrong term. It does imply one off mistakes. The truth is certain players are making consistent balls ups and look like they  have forgotten the basics.
Our goalkeeper is abysmal. I know he pulls off some heroics but he kicks like my granny and the mistakes he makes I would expect of  a schoolboy.
Our coaching staff seem to have set back so many talented players and it just continues to spread among the team. Set pieces are horrendous at both ends of the field.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 01:51:45 PM by Nice1Cyrille »