Author Topic: 6 Oct 2018 Albion 4 Reading 1  (Read 37302 times)

maccbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

Re: In Game Chat
« Reply #100 on: October 06, 2018, 03:38:55 PM »
Now if you had added that onto your other post it wouldn't have made such depressive reading.
Sorry for depressing you. I still hope we win, honestly ;D

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #101 on: October 06, 2018, 03:40:13 PM »
Sorry for depressing you. I still hope we win, honestly ;D
I see you added a negative I bet those at the ground are glad you're not there  :D

Pie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #102 on: October 06, 2018, 03:40:28 PM »
same problems in defence that dont ever seem to get addressed.

Semaj Riatsila

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #103 on: October 06, 2018, 03:42:04 PM »
Lots of possession have had some good opportunities but fell to reading in the box.

They are not doing much but got a goal. In Albion we trust

maccbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #104 on: October 06, 2018, 03:45:42 PM »
"Just over 30 mins in and according to the BBC, Reading have had 11 shots, 5 on target and Albion have had 5, with 0 on target."

This is a consequence of the tactics and strategy, and reflects on management more than players. If we win it will be due to the superior quality of our players again.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #105 on: October 06, 2018, 03:47:51 PM »
Absolutely awful performance yet again.

Semaj Riatsila

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #106 on: October 06, 2018, 03:49:25 PM »
We have possession but doing nowt with it at the moments

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #107 on: October 06, 2018, 03:52:04 PM »
same problems in defence that dont ever seem to get addressed.

This.  It's a farce how poor the defence is on the ball.  Put it this way, if you had a strike force of two 5ft 4inch players you wouldn't adopt a tactic of launching it into the box for them to get a head on it.  You'd say that that tactic isn't suitable for those players.  So why are we persisting with trying to get this defence of playing this way?

baggies_24

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #108 on: October 06, 2018, 03:52:15 PM »
Bloody awful half completely outplayed & should be 3-0 down,  the formation needs changing to what we played the last 20 minutes the other night. Get Rodriguez off & Hoolahan on

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #109 on: October 06, 2018, 03:52:45 PM »
Too slow, too predictable when we have the ball.
Hoolahan maybe an useful option to provide more support for Gayle. 
Also Edwards is an option, which can bring some pace to the team, but it won't happen.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 04:23:53 PM by koren »
The PRIDE of midlands

Semaj Riatsila

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #110 on: October 06, 2018, 03:53:42 PM »
"Just over 30 mins in and according to the BBC, Reading have had 11 shots, 5 on target and Albion have had 5, with 0 on target."

This is a consequence of the tactics and strategy, and reflects on management more than players. If we win it will be due to the superior quality of our players again.

Don’t start with this rubbish. Let us play the game first rather than take radio verbatim.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #111 on: October 06, 2018, 03:53:52 PM »
We're lucky not to be 3-0 down. Reading have opened up our defence with ease.
Too many sideways passes and too slow tempo. Need to get the ball forward quciker to Barnes, Gayle etc. Missing Phillips.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #112 on: October 06, 2018, 03:54:30 PM »
We're not playing well but  it's a tough league Swansea losing to Ipswich  Sheffield Utd drawing with Hull very often in this league the teams at the bottom can pick up results from the top six.
Boro 0-0 and Stoke 0-1 we could always go back to that style of football.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #113 on: October 06, 2018, 03:54:33 PM »
A test of Moore and Jones' ability to change a game coming up. I've said before that I feel their substitutions don't makr enough of an impact so now they can provr me wrong.

Sounds like we are going nowhere with iur attacking play, so im crossing my fingers for some more dynamic changes to give us a chance 2nd half.
Boing Boing

maccbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #114 on: October 06, 2018, 03:58:07 PM »
Don’t start with this rubbish. Let us play the game first rather than take radio verbatim.
Not sure I understand your point?

I'm making the point that we are failing to create clear cut chances (resulting in 0 shots on target), whereas Reading, despite having had less possession, have created several good chances, and could easily have scored 3. That is a direct result of the two teams' strategies and approaches to the game.

Could you engage with my point rather than resorting to your above post?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 04:02:27 PM by maccbaggie »

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #115 on: October 06, 2018, 04:00:31 PM »
Problem at the back still a problem but no change to back three :o scratching my head at this. Still issues in midfield but only change is Brunt for Barry or Barry for Brunt.

Pie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #116 on: October 06, 2018, 04:01:33 PM »
If we played 4-2-3-1 we would be rampant in this league I'm sure of it.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #117 on: October 06, 2018, 04:02:19 PM »

Had to miss this one as I’m in Scotland so making do with a stream. The above is not the radio exaggerating though, it’s fact. Sky sports match stats say at half time we have had 5 shots and 0 in target. Reading have had 14/5 respectively. The same reading who were third bottom I believe.

We are playing pretty much the same as we have all season too, so be interesting if people are as forgiving when a result goes against us.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #118 on: October 06, 2018, 04:02:57 PM »
Their goal absolutely basic defensive error. Reading take short corner, two of  their players against one of ours. Their extra man just dribbles infield and picks his spot in the corner of our net.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

wbawill

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #119 on: October 06, 2018, 04:04:22 PM »
I think when Phillips is out, we simply cannot try three at the back. It relies on wing backs and we don't have anyone other than Matty who can do that job on the right. And if we are going to persist with it, we might as well put Edwards in ahead of Mears - he can't exactly be worse, can he?

A bigger problem is Livermore and Barry not showing for the CBs at all, not one bit. People are criticising the distribution of the CBs but it's Livermore and Barry's responsibility to make their jobs easier. Give them options, don't just stand there with two players between you and the ball.

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #120 on: October 06, 2018, 04:04:58 PM »
No change lol
The PRIDE of midlands

Semaj Riatsila

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #121 on: October 06, 2018, 04:04:59 PM »
Not sure I understand your point?

I'm making the point that we are failing to create clear cut chances (resulting in 0 shots on target), whereas Reading, despite having less possession, have created several good chances, and could easily have scored 3. That is a direct result of the two teams' strategies and approaches to the game.

Could you engage with my point rather than resorting to your above post?

No I will not! Your obviously not watching the game. Can you please then keep up with the stats every second of the game! As I’ve seen no more from you since 30 mins in. We had some good chances on target and bbc is not the be all and end all of being correct. Barnes and Gayle had good chances blocked.

maccbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #122 on: October 06, 2018, 04:05:24 PM »
If we played 4-2-3-1 we would be rampant in this league I'm sure of it.
I agree. Something like this could see us to automatic promotion, fitness of key players dependent:

Johstone
Dawson Hegazi Bartley Gibbs
          Livermore Field
Phillips      Barnes    Brunt
                Gayle
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 04:07:26 PM by maccbaggie »

maccbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #123 on: October 06, 2018, 04:06:10 PM »
No I will not! Your obviously not watching the game. Can you please then keep up with the stats every second of the game! As I’ve seen no more from you since 30 mins in. We had some good chances on target and bbc is not the be all and end all of being correct. Barnes and Gayle had good chances blocked.
I am watching the game...

Also it's *you're.

Semaj Riatsila

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #124 on: October 06, 2018, 04:09:07 PM »
Oh so sorry for the spelling mistake. Glad you picked up on that shows all you look at is the negatives. It is 1 am in the morning for me.