Author Topic: Seals watch - Anything Villa  (Read 2260254 times)

Baggies

• WBA Manager

Re: Seals watch - Anything Villa
« Reply #8075 on: July 25, 2019, 11:40:55 PM »
Not sure how they have afforded this, seeing as they were in debt. I get that the owners have come in and may have some money, but this is a serious spending spree, where they have generally over paid for players.

I think they will be ok, and at least some of these players will come off in a big way, but the flees are so inflated.
Boing Boing

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8076 on: July 26, 2019, 12:06:59 AM »
ten players on a pitch who have never played with each other before, what could possibly go wrong?

Well, hopefully everything :)

SOTV
MAGA!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8077 on: July 26, 2019, 09:55:08 AM »
Fulham all over again, but with a poorer manager. We'll pass them in May.

While not a religious man I'd actually pray for this Villa prediction to come off.

God knows the rest of your Villa/Wolves predictions have been absolute rat sh!t for ages.

COYB and SOTV  8) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8078 on: July 26, 2019, 10:29:59 AM »
Not sure how they have afforded this, seeing as they were in debt. I get that the owners have come in and may have some money, but this is a serious spending spree, where they have generally over paid for players.

I think they will be ok, and at least some of these players will come off in a big way, but the flees are so inflated.

They will stay up, but I don't think they will finish as high as some of their fans think.

Can see them finishing around 12th.

Be interesting to see if they don't start very well, will they stick with Smith.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #8079 on: July 26, 2019, 11:11:10 AM »
I can see Villa struggling personally......think they have purchased a ton of players all of whom pretty much have no prem experience. They have to integrate all of those new signings into the club aswell.

Fair play to them on spending the money etc but I really do think they are going to struggle
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8080 on: July 26, 2019, 11:33:11 AM »
They will stay up, but I don't think they will finish as high as some of their fans think.

Be interesting to see if they don't start very well, will they stick with Smith.
If they are bottom by November he'll be gone. That will leave the money men scrambling round looking for a way to stay up. Cue the baseball capped, white pumps wearing phantom emerging from the shadows........"Ay up lads, I believe you require my services?" prompting much hand wringing and maniacal laughter. :o

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8081 on: July 26, 2019, 12:45:57 PM »

Why do you say these things? You've doomed us. A third season in the Championship while Villa stay up comfortably it is. :P

BlackCountryVilla

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8082 on: July 26, 2019, 03:00:04 PM »

12th would be a very good season for us first season back up and would give us the opportunity to stabilise and build on it.

Not sure what Villa fans you've seen or heard say we're going to finish much higher than that but every club has their lunatics. I believe we could finish anywhere between 12th-17th depending on how well we gel and this could come back to bite me but I don't think we'll go down. Trust me though that the majority of us would be happy to stay up this season and anything else is a bonus. Not saying we're going to be world beaters though but outside of the top 8/9 teams there is very little separating the rest and there are a lot of poor sides.

There has been a lot of "They're doing a Fulham" banded about but our buys seem more sensible and have more thought behind them. We've kept together our loan players and replaced players that left with better players like Trezeguet for Adomah, Luiz for Whelan etc.

Whatever happens, and I'm sure there will be a few heavy defeats along the way, I think we will try to attack and play good football. I'd much rather see that than the likes of Brighton last season who played with 10 defenders and were scared to cross the halfway line.
Did you know we won the European Cup?

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8083 on: July 26, 2019, 03:35:33 PM »

Your Villa predictions are usually so successful... ;D

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #8084 on: July 26, 2019, 09:11:09 PM »
Your Villa predictions are usually so successful... ;D

Predictions in general...

"Up as Champions early April"
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8085 on: July 26, 2019, 09:34:46 PM »
Predictions in general...

"Up as Champions early April"

Should have been. Jones killed us.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8086 on: July 26, 2019, 10:32:18 PM »
12th would be a very good season for us first season back up and would give us the opportunity to stabilise and build on it.

Not sure what Villa fans you've seen or heard say we're going to finish much higher than that but every club has their lunatics. I believe we could finish anywhere between 12th-17th depending on how well we gel and this could come back to bite me but I don't think we'll go down. Trust me though that the majority of us would be happy to stay up this season and anything else is a bonus. Not saying we're going to be world beaters though but outside of the top 8/9 teams there is very little separating the rest and there are a lot of poor sides.

There has been a lot of "They're doing a Fulham" banded about but our buys seem more sensible and have more thought behind them. We've kept together our loan players and replaced players that left with better players like Trezeguet for Adomah, Luiz for Whelan etc.

Whatever happens, and I'm sure there will be a few heavy defeats along the way, I think we will try to attack and play good football. I'd much rather see that than the likes of Brighton last season who played with 10 defenders and were scared to cross the halfway line.

I have no doubt that you will be fine this season. There will be more than 3 teams worse than you lot.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8087 on: July 27, 2019, 09:55:38 AM »
If they sign Marvelous Nakamba they win the transfer window just for signing someone with the name Marvelous.

I know the Villa fans find the comparison with Fulham irksome but the last team that were promoted from the Championship and bought a whole new squad were Fulham who indecently were being praised for their ambition this time last year, by the same people who are now pointing out the similarities between Fulham and Villa.

Fact of the matter is the squad is now bloated (again) if they sign Marvelous they will have 30 players that needs trimming down over the course of the next couple of weeks just to make it managable. Equally Smith needs to figure out his best XI and quickly because they need games to gel as a unit. If he does I think they will be okay if he doesn't then the comparisons with Fulham start to become legitimate.

Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8088 on: July 28, 2019, 12:57:24 PM »
Amusing news that Fergie wants United to sign McGinn and has been telling Woodward they should enquire.

While I really like McGinn and think he could make the step up to the prem, it is debatable whether McGinn will even be a starter come September. Luiz is highly rated and will likely take one of the deep lying midfielder spots, while Grealish will undoubtedly be the first choice attacking midfielder. That would potentially leave 1 spot for McGinn to challenge Nakamba and Hourihane for. They might look to push one of the centre mids out wide but they have signed 3 wide fielders, plus they have Kodija who can play a variant of the role so it seems unlikely.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 12:58:59 PM by Baggies »
Boing Boing

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #8089 on: July 28, 2019, 02:22:26 PM »
LCFC Talk Twitter Account debating which is the better player Maddison or Grealish, Vile fans on meltdown  ;D

"I don’t even know how this is a question. Maddison is a class above. RETWEET for Grealish. LIKE for Maddison."

I'd LIKE Maddison, 'cause I hate the vile  ;D

Also

"Interesting debate: #lcfc are hands down the biggest club in the midlands. Vote below #lcfc #wwfc #avfc #nffc"
LCFC  8%
WWFC 6%
AVFC  74%
NFFC  12%
10,280 votes · Final results

Vile fans have nothing to do on Sundays obviously
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8090 on: July 28, 2019, 05:23:16 PM »
LCFC Talk Twitter Account debating which is the better player Maddison or Grealish, Vile fans on meltdown  ;D

"I don’t even know how this is a question. Maddison is a class above. RETWEET for Grealish. LIKE for Maddison."

I'd LIKE Maddison, 'cause I hate the vile  ;D

Also

"Interesting debate: #lcfc are hands down the biggest club in the midlands. Vote below #lcfc #wwfc #avfc #nffc"
LCFC  8%
WWFC 6%
AVFC  74%
NFFC  12%
10,280 votes · Final results

Vile fans have nothing to do on Sundays obviously

Villa are the biggest club in the Midlands.

Grealish and Maddison are different player types but Grealish single handedly got Villa promoted. Norwich finished in the bottom half with Maddison.

No fan of greasy but he's the better player.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #8091 on: July 28, 2019, 05:48:56 PM »

Villa are the biggest club in the Midlands.

Grealish and Maddison are different player types but Grealish single handedly got Villa promoted. Norwich finished in the bottom half with Maddison.

No fan of greasy but he's the better player.

Lighten up, its a twitter thing 
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8092 on: July 28, 2019, 06:33:02 PM »

Thanks for the information ;)
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8093 on: July 28, 2019, 09:04:17 PM »

to be honest do we really give a toss?
just enjoy yourself snivelling after every defeat
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8094 on: August 10, 2019, 11:13:12 AM »
Anyone else fed up with this lot already?

My in laws are villa and for the past three years they've hardly mentioned football. This last week it's been horrendous.

Top six finish, spent loads of money etc.

I hope that Smith isn't what they think he is and takes them down.

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8095 on: August 10, 2019, 11:20:36 AM »

My in laws are villa and for the past three years they've hardly mentioned football. This last week it's been horrendous.

Unfortunately mate I just can’t see there not being 3 worse teams then villa . Think they will be bottom half but I can’t see them going down . Hope I’m wrong though

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8096 on: August 10, 2019, 11:23:30 AM »

First off you seem half-decent unlike most of your clan probably because you're a blackcountry lad!
I despise vile with every fibre of my being but haven't a clue who you have signed or how good they might be as long as you don't win anything and lose more than you win you can finish as high as eighth matters not, good luck!

Dynamo10

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #8097 on: August 10, 2019, 11:41:49 AM »

I'm never not fed up with them. They've been ridiculously vocal on social media all summer - big contrast to 12 months ago (I wonder why!) and it's beyond tragic how they think that they'll going to be doing all sorts when they don't have a good enough strike force for that level.

Can't see to see the bedsheets out in October!  :D

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8098 on: August 10, 2019, 12:01:15 PM »
I'm never not fed up with them. They've been ridiculously vocal on social media all summer - big contrast to 12 months ago (I wonder why!) and it's beyond tragic how they think that they'll going to be doing all sorts when they don't have a good enough strike force for that level.

Can't see to see the bedsheets out in October!  :D

Or this year’s cabbages

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8099 on: August 11, 2019, 04:00:03 PM »
I don't know if this has been posted elsewhere and I haven't checked the stats for myself. But Little Miss Grealish has apparently been on the losing side for Aston Villa on nineteen consecutive occasions spread over three Prem' seasons. That's not nineteen Prem' Villa defeats in a row, just his appearances in a Villa shirt in the Prem' which have ended in defeat. This is reportedly the longest losing streak of any professional footballer in the history of the Prem'. The bloke's a Jonah! Long may that run continue  8) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.