Author Topic: Seals watch - Anything Villa  (Read 2260762 times)

MHB WBA

• WBA Newbie

Re: Seals watch - Anything Villa
« Reply #3150 on: June 13, 2013, 06:37:01 PM »
Was that kit designed by a child?
Pride of the midlands, we know what we are!

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3151 on: June 13, 2013, 07:32:21 PM »
Our class shines through yet again:

@JongsmaJongsma: FC Groningen director Hans Nijland compliments Aston Villa. 'The way the transfer has been handled is like we wish it would always go.'

As smooth as the Curtis Davis one? ;D
Baggie in Southampton

Alakagon

« Reply #3152 on: June 13, 2013, 08:47:24 PM »
They sign a few inexoerienced foreign players and they thick they're Barcelona bless em. They're the footballing equivalent of a child who's just got some pocket money and buys a load of tat with it. Guarantee the 'undisclosed fees' are covering up some poor spending too.

Awwwww, jealous much?  :P

On serious note. Bonucia guy isn't amazing ( still young and can improve loads ) However Okore was wanted by Chelsea and  bigger other teams ( didn't go to Chelsea in January as he wants regular playing time ) and will be star amazing CB.

Helenius ( who will get sealed soon ) was wanted by Ajax ( and that tells quite a lot already ) and is immense talent.

Villa is on right path, rather buying overrated, overpriced, ''experienced'' players to the system of likes of Atletico or Borrusia.

And with rumours of Benteke extending his deal, Villa should have bright years to come whether you like it or not.

You look good as well obviously. Although without Lukaku, and without good replacement it might be hard for yous. No idea who are your transfer targets though. However it'd be hard to improve over Lukaky anyway imo. Such a star player.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 08:52:04 PM by Alakagon »

Dudleylad

• WBA Chairman

« Reply #3153 on: June 13, 2013, 09:04:00 PM »
Villa are in the situation we were in a few years ago.

We now need to add some proven quality which is why our deals will be later on once sides above us have had their pick of who they want.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #3154 on: June 13, 2013, 09:17:39 PM »
I see McSkittle's got a friend then  :D
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

McSkittle

• Newcomer

« Reply #3155 on: June 13, 2013, 10:08:42 PM »
You can join my wolf pack too.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #3156 on: June 13, 2013, 10:19:33 PM »
Sorry, can't join anything with wolf in  :o

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3157 on: June 13, 2013, 10:51:55 PM »

On serious note. Bonucia guy isn't amazing ( still young and can improve loads ) However Okore was wanted by Chelsea and  bigger other teams ( didn't go to Chelsea in January as he wants regular playing time ) and will be star amazing CB.

Helenius ( who will get sealed soon ) was wanted by Ajax ( and that tells quite a lot already ) and is immense talent.

Villa is on right path, rather buying overrated, overpriced, ''experienced'' players to the system of likes of Atletico or Borrusia.

And with rumours of Benteke extending his deal, Villa should have bright years to come whether you like it or not.

You look good as well obviously. Although without Lukaku, and without good replacement it might be hard for yous. No idea who are your transfer targets though. However it'd be hard to improve over Lukaky anyway imo. Such a star player.

Is this a deliberate faux par or is that what they're calling it these days?  ???
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3158 on: June 13, 2013, 11:50:04 PM »

Yup really jealous of all those big names! And I don't buy this 'Chelsea wanted him so he must be good' - if he was that good someone other than you would have snapped him up. You've got to remember Chelsea WANTED Benayoun, doesn't mean he's any good. In all seriousness nobody will know how new players to the league will get on, but I find it funny that a YouTube montage and a fleeting 'Ajax wanted him when he was 11 so he must be the next Messi' have got your fans thinking they're world beaters. They could all be great, or they could be your next Bosko Balaban or Darren Bent.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3159 on: June 14, 2013, 07:52:38 AM »
More and more Vile i see all of a sudden becoming interested in West Bromwich Albion
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

McSkittle

• Newcomer

« Reply #3160 on: June 14, 2013, 08:58:36 AM »
He refused to sign for Chelsea in January as he didn't want to sit on the bench. A player who wants to play football, how about that eh?

This is why they wanted to buy him:

http://vimeo.com/53073475

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3161 on: June 15, 2013, 06:21:38 PM »
He refused to sign for Chelsea in January as he didn't want to sit on the bench. A player who wants to play football, how about that eh?

Which means either "I doubt my own ability and won't play" or "I'm realistic and KNOW I'm not good enough for Chelsea" , either way your lucky anyone wants to sign for a team that loses to Bradford , makes promises they can't keep (wembley) lies to sign a player (we are in London) and has become the new Wigan , just hope they don't get Bannon to collect them from the airport.
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3162 on: June 15, 2013, 08:10:32 PM »

Well he was hardly going to say 'I wasn't going to be earning enough at Chelsea as they know I'd only be good enough for back up' was he? Just because he turned Chelsea down doesn't mean he's good or committed to playing football.

45ma

« Reply #3163 on: June 17, 2013, 12:59:56 PM »
Our class shines through yet again:

@JongsmaJongsma: FC Groningen director Hans Nijland compliments Aston Villa. 'The way the transfer has been handled is like we wish it would always go.'

How many clubs have complimented us in similar fashion in recent seasons? Too many to name. Good stuff.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3164 on: June 17, 2013, 01:46:09 PM »
How many clubs have complimented us in similar fashion in recent seasons? Too many to name. Good stuff.

:P

Thats when you know your club are having a poor time when you get excited over that kind of thing  ;D    ;D

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #3165 on: June 17, 2013, 01:48:37 PM »
Don't forget their following that they keep mentioning, tooks 1000's to Forest for a friendly you know  :o

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3166 on: June 17, 2013, 11:39:49 PM »
They even won the European Cup you know !!!  ::) ::)
He's a lad from the Wrenna

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3167 on: June 18, 2013, 09:53:45 AM »
They even won the European Cup you know !!!  ::) ::)
What!!!!!!! never heard them mention that :o
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3168 on: June 18, 2013, 06:04:54 PM »
Villa signing footballers for fun
WOOF WOOF  I always come I always care but sometimes bite

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3169 on: June 19, 2013, 10:03:30 AM »
A very tough start for the Villa, Arsenal away first game then followed by Liverpool and Chelsea. Newcastle then Norwich for Villa then City. Will be interesting to see what Villa do if they have a poor start to the season again.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

McSkittle

• Newcomer

« Reply #3170 on: June 19, 2013, 01:29:27 PM »
I don’t think it’s a bad start.

We’re usually pretty competitive down at Arsenal and I would fancy us to beat Liverpool at home, especially without Suarez.

The Chelsea game will be moved as they will be getting battered by Bayern Munich that weekend. Then Newcastle circus in full on implosion mode and Norwich.

I see you’ve got to come to Villa Park on a Tuesday night.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #3171 on: June 19, 2013, 01:33:52 PM »
Very little pressure on Villa in either of those games so it's best to get them away and get onto the winnable fixtures. We have the slight opposite where we have the opportunity to hit the ground running.

Quite happy with the Villa being game being in midweek. Nothing beats a game under floodlights and they're even better in a local derby.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3172 on: June 19, 2013, 08:32:58 PM »
Villa signing footballers for fun
Jealous are we?

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3173 on: June 21, 2013, 05:11:02 PM »
I don't get why Liverpool is regarded as a massively difficult game these days. We did the double over them last season. Take Suarez out and they're not all that.

BaggieSean

« Reply #3174 on: June 29, 2013, 03:55:23 PM »
They sign a few inexoerienced foreign players and they thick they're Barcelona bless em. They're the footballing equivalent of a child who's just got some pocket money and buys a load of tat with it. Guarantee the 'undisclosed fees' are covering up some poor spending too.

I think they have done very well in the transfer market to be honest, just because you're not educated enough to know about the players they have brought in doesn't mean they're pooh, nobody knew who Lowton/Westwood/Benteke were last season and look at them now, made fools out of every journo who slagged them off during the bad run they had.