Author Topic: Seals watch - Anything Villa  (Read 2260974 times)

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

Re: Seals watch - Anything Villa
« Reply #3100 on: May 22, 2013, 01:32:56 PM »
Did anyone ever go to trading standards over this by the way?

http://www.myoldmansaid.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/villabradfordcupticket.jpg

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3101 on: May 24, 2013, 08:04:53 AM »
Benteke come and get me plea :D
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3102 on: May 24, 2013, 08:45:32 AM »
Benteke come and get me plea :D
Wont be seeing Skuttle and his bride for a while then!
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

Sessegod

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3103 on: May 24, 2013, 09:07:47 AM »
Whats the point in contracts when Bentke says you can't make me stay. Vile gave him the chance in the prem and thats how he repays them.. reeks of odemwhinger
Even Cillit would have banged that one in..

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3104 on: May 24, 2013, 09:23:59 AM »
He'll do what he wants.....

I only go for the beer.

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3105 on: May 24, 2013, 09:37:01 AM »
Sound and look familiar?  ;D

McSkittle

• Newcomer

« Reply #3106 on: May 24, 2013, 10:23:18 AM »
Its important to be aware of agendas, context and what has not been reported, especially when it comes to sports “journalism”.

Benteke's agent Kismet Eris told the Sun: "This always happens when he goes away with the national team. I'd prefer he didn't speak to journalists but the Belgian team insist he does a press conference.

"If he was unhappy at Villa we'd have seen that. But he's not."

and of course;

Christian Benteke finished the conference in the US with: “But I have no problem to stay another season at Aston Villa. I feel really good! And then there is a huge trust in me.”

Good ole’ tabloids ah?

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3107 on: May 24, 2013, 10:28:28 AM »
You keep believing that.
I only go for the beer.

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3108 on: May 24, 2013, 10:30:34 AM »
He'd be perfect for Spurs.
the regime don't like it man

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3109 on: May 24, 2013, 10:33:51 AM »
to be fair i think Arsenal would be his type of team.He can do better than Spurs
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3110 on: May 24, 2013, 10:45:54 AM »
Its important to be aware of agendas, context and what has not been reported, especially when it comes to sports “journalism”.

Benteke's agent Kismet Eris told the Sun: "This always happens when he goes away with the national team. I'd prefer he didn't speak to journalists but the Belgian team insist he does a press conference.

"If he was unhappy at Villa we'd have seen that. But he's not."

and of course;

Christian Benteke finished the conference in the US with: “But I have no problem to stay another season at Aston Villa. I feel really good! And then there is a huge trust in me.”

Good ole’ tabloids ah?
Nothing like being in denial is there?

You clearly missed the bit where he stated "If the chance comes up for me to join a club like Arsenal, I’m convinced we can reach a compromise where everyone comes out a winner.” and “If Aston Villa say I must stay, I won’t necessarily accept that. I do not in any way want to feel I didn’t get the most out of my career. I try to get everything.” and While he has opened talks over a new deal, Villa are aware he effectively downed tools at Genk when his Midlands move looked like stalling. Now he looks ready to fight them

In short if no-one else comes in for him then he will begrudgingly stay but the minute anyone come calling im doing an Odemwingie!

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #3111 on: May 24, 2013, 10:47:55 AM »
Direct quotes from the player, surely if they were not true then Mr Benteke and his agent would be taking action against the press.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

McSkittle

• Newcomer

« Reply #3112 on: May 24, 2013, 01:23:45 PM »
I think he’ll sign a new deal, destroy the Premier League, go to the World Cup, reach the semis with Belgium and be sold for an exorbitant fee to somebody like Real Madrid.

We’ll see I suppose.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3113 on: May 24, 2013, 01:32:45 PM »
I think he’ll sign a new deal, destroy the Premier League, go to the World Cup, reach the semis with Belgium and be sold for an exorbitant fee to somebody like Real Madrid.

We’ll see I suppose.

I think you will sell him to Arsenal this summer, on his return to Villa Park he will we be booed from start to finish by the notorious fickle' holte enders' only for him to silence them in the 90th minute with a goal that cements Villa's place at the foot of the table  :-*

McSkittle

• Newcomer

« Reply #3114 on: May 24, 2013, 01:45:05 PM »
I don't see Arsenal or rather Wenger, spending the money on a player who hasn't yet done it across a full season. I think Man City will sign a striker, but if I were to bet, I would place money on it being Cavani.

That's why I think he will stay for another year, unless Athletico pile in with a big fee, as I don't see him moving to the two clubs in England that can afford him. I have left Chelsea and Man United out as I don't see them being in the market for him.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3115 on: May 24, 2013, 02:09:33 PM »
I don't see Arsenal or rather Wenger, spending the money on a player who hasn't yet done it across a full season. I think Man City will sign a striker, but if I were to bet, I would place money on it being Cavani.

That's why I think he will stay for another year, unless Athletico pile in with a big fee, as I don't see him moving to the two clubs in England that can afford him. I have left Chelsea and Man United out as I don't see them being in the market for him.
So "he hasn't done it across a full season" but there's only 2 British clubs that can afford the cart horse from the perpetual relegation strugglers?
Something dont add up?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3116 on: May 24, 2013, 02:27:47 PM »

Tottenham are crying out for a Benteke and could afford him no problem, once he goes on strike his value will plummit down to the £12-15m mark and by that point Arsenal will bid too. As with us and Odemwingie at some point you have to accept its inevitable he will leave sooner rather than later when he is mouthing to the press like that less than a week after the season has ended.

McSkittle

• Newcomer

« Reply #3117 on: May 24, 2013, 04:00:31 PM »
Spurs may be crying out for a player like him, but they’ve got Bob Hope of getting him after they failed to qualify for the Money League. 

As I said before, I think he will stay another year with us. As has been mooted on a Villa forum, if his agent is smart, he will sign a new deal here, double/triple his wages, take a cut, then come back after the World Cup, sign for one of the European giants, take a cut of the transfer fee and take a cut of the new deal there.

As quoted above, his agent has done a bit of a face palm and the bloke isn’t exactly unhappy. As Kendrick reported, the Villa aren’t worried and so I am not worried.

I know he will eventually leave, as he is a phenomenal player that will play in European Cup finals, but it wont be next season.

McSkittle

• Newcomer

« Reply #3118 on: May 24, 2013, 04:04:27 PM »
Direct quotes from the player, surely if they were not true then Mr Benteke and his agent would be taking action against the press.

This is on the Sporting Life website.

A report in The Sun on Friday linked the Belgian to just about all of the Premier League's leading clubs, and suggested that he would do everything he could to get away from Villa Park.

But his agent Eris Kismet told Sky Sports that the report was inaccurate and that Benteke was not looking to get in to some kind of war with the club.

Kismet said: "Christian and I are surprised and disgusted by a story in the Sun newspaper claiming Benteke can do what he wants.

"He has been misquoted.

"The true line is that Christian does not want to make a war with Aston Villa.

"He has called me today from New York and he is disgusted, I have told him not to speak to any media from now on."

"If there is interest, which is normal after the season he has had, no way will problems be made by Christian and myself. That is what he said in the interview!"

Shock horror! Britains favourite newspaper, The Scum, has lied (again) and in other news, water is wet.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 04:06:32 PM by McSkittle »

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #3119 on: May 24, 2013, 04:08:35 PM »
So lies ? I suggest the club, the player and his agent contact their lawyers to rectify a mis-quote then. Lets see how they get on with that one shall we !!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3120 on: May 24, 2013, 04:25:35 PM »
This is on the Sporting Life website.

A report in The Sun on Friday linked the Belgian to just about all of the Premier League's leading clubs, and suggested that he would do everything he could to get away from Villa Park.

But his agent Eris Kismet told Sky Sports that the report was inaccurate and that Benteke was not looking to get in to some kind of war with the club.

Kismet said: "Christian and I are surprised and disgusted by a story in the Sun newspaper claiming Benteke can do what he wants.

"He has been misquoted.

"The true line is that Christian does not want to make a war with Aston Villa.

"He has called me today from New York and he is disgusted, I have told him not to speak to any media from now on."

"If there is interest, which is normal after the season he has had, no way will problems be made by Christian and myself. That is what he said in the interview!"

Shock horror! Britains favourite newspaper, The Scum, has lied (again) and in other news, water is wet.
At no point during that 'setting the record straight' has he comitted to Villa neither, surely that was the chance to say I am happy here and not looking to leave. I am convinced he will be gone, just a matter of when not if now.

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3121 on: May 24, 2013, 06:24:20 PM »
Any one ever seen McSkittle & Baghdad Bob (comical Ali) in the same room?............................... coincidence?, thought not!
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

McSkittle

• Newcomer

« Reply #3122 on: May 24, 2013, 07:17:58 PM »
Of course you're convinced, like you were convinced we were going down. Hate is not good for the soul.

Everybody knows he will leave; thats the same for any player. Its just about timing. I strongly suspect that it will be post-Rio.

Dudleylad

• WBA Chairman

« Reply #3123 on: May 24, 2013, 07:34:28 PM »
He will be parked up on the Emirates Stadium Car Park before you can say Odemwingie.

Hong Kong Phooey

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #3124 on: May 24, 2013, 07:56:55 PM »
I know he will eventually leave, as he is a phenomenal player that will play in European Cup finals, but it wont be next season.

...and it won't be with Aston Villa...those days are long gone  :-*
In football, as in life, facing up to difficulties makes us stronger…Carlos Corberan