Author Topic: 16 Mar 2019 Brentford 0 Albion 1  (Read 33656 times)

baggy_girl89

• Youth Baggie

Re: Ticket Info & Requests
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2019, 04:24:49 PM »
Out of interest how much even are the AST's? same as HST?

Sorry pal - only just seen this. But as others have said, they're £150 which gives you £5 off every away ticket you then buy.

Completely worth it for me now I can’t realistically get a HST working shifts in London and a season in the Championship with a whole number of new stadiums I had yet to visit.

Sted1990

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2019, 04:25:11 PM »
Check out the Chiltern line from Snow Hill to Marylebone which are usually reasonably priced and not too slow

I tried and it was even more then virgin. In the end I paid £30 return to get the slow train to London but the fast Virgin (1 hour 23) one back so I cant complain as the train there me and my brother will enjoy a beer or 6 so there's no rush. I get to London at 12.16 so I will be able to catch two 3rds of Leeds Vs Sheffield United near Euston before making my way to the stadium.

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2019, 07:27:50 PM »
I tried and it was even more then virgin. In the end I paid £30 return to get the slow train to London but the fast Virgin (1 hour 23) one back so I cant complain as the train there me and my brother will enjoy a beer or 6 so there's no rush. I get to London at 12.16 so I will be able to catch two 3rds of Leeds Vs Sheffield United near Euston before making my way to the stadium.

On Trainline.com you can get return tickets to London for £16. Depends how awake you want to be and how much money you want to save... Example below

Out
New Street Station to London Euston
Depart 07:33 - Arrive 09:49

Return
London Euston to New Street Station
Depart 19:46 - Arrive 22:17

Total £16.00 per person

As for getting to the ground from Euston station..

Tube

Euston to South Ealing is a trip from Zone 1 to Zone 3

Start on Victoria Line, Get off at Green park and swap to the Piccadilly Line.

£3.30 one way (using contactless card/Oyster)

10 min walk from South Ealing station to Griffin park.
The Only Dependable Thing About The Future Is Uncertainty

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2019, 07:30:53 PM »
Sure they used to be about £120 up front and then £5 off every ticket, not sure now.

Never bothered with one personally, as never not got a ticket for a game. Only exception was exeter last season but even then me and two mates got tickets in the exeter end

Well this may have just changed after the farcical  announcement today with the early bird🙈

Sted1990

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2019, 10:55:56 AM »
On Trainline.com you can get return tickets to London for £16. Depends how awake you want to be and how much money you want to save... Example below

Out
New Street Station to London Euston
Depart 07:33 - Arrive 09:49

Return
London Euston to New Street Station
Depart 19:46 - Arrive 22:17

Total £16.00 per person

As for getting to the ground from Euston station..

Tube

Euston to South Ealing is a trip from Zone 1 to Zone 3

Start on Victoria Line, Get off at Green park and swap to the Piccadilly Line.

£3.30 one way (using contactless card/Oyster)

10 min walk from South Ealing station to Griffin park.

Thanks mate

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2019, 02:58:28 PM »
I am still after one ticket in the Terrace if anyone has any spare.

thank you

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

Match Officials
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2019, 08:59:30 AM »
Referee: Andrew Madley
Assistant Referee: Dean Treleaven
Assistant Referee: Matt Foley
Fourth Official: Lee Venamore

Reffed our 1-1 draw at Blues. 73 yellow and 1 red in 28 matches this season (all comps).
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Singhwba

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2019, 03:32:53 PM »
I have a spare ticket in the terrace for this game. My mate who was meant to come with me now cant make it.

Same price as brought it, £25 i believe if any takers?

Anyone interested, message me. Thanks

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

Team
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2019, 11:02:39 PM »
I would probably go with the same team that started today, with the exception of Kanu for Murphy ( if Phillips isn’t available).

If Dawson is injured then Tosin/Bartley to come in. I would keep Gibbs rested until after the international break, Townsend looks solid enough to do a job.

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

Re: Team
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2019, 11:47:51 PM »
Dawson and Holgate went off injured, Gibbs confirmed out until the international break so will likely be a back 4 of Mears, Bartley, Hegazi, Townsend (unless he wants to slot Brunt at LB)

not sure if Tosin will get a look in after being thrown under the bus against Leeds and Sheff U
The Only Dependable Thing About The Future Is Uncertainty

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

Coaches Saturday
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2019, 06:28:30 AM »
Can someone please confirm what time the coaches leave tomorrow please ?
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2019, 08:16:59 AM »
I expect we will remain at 4-5-1 given that Brentford are strong at home and play the type of football they play. I would make a couple of changes though subject to availability. We need a proper defensive option in midfield so Barry or Field should be in the team to do that job. Livermore just doesn't justify a place at all for me so I'd replace him with Johansen and I'd play Brunt on the right hand side, he has the ability to find Gayle or find Rodriguez with diagonal balls. I'm presuming Phillips won't be available, even if he is I'd leave him out and give him time to get over these recurring problems properly:

Johnstone

Holgate           Dawson                   Hegazi             Townsend

Barry
                      Harper                     Johansen
Brunt                                                                   Rodriguez

Gayle

Subs: Bond, Mears, Bartley, Field, Livermore, Robson-Kanu, Murphy

There must be doubts regarding the availability of Holgate, Dawson and Barry. If not available replace them with Mears, Bartley and Field.                       
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 12:39:57 PM by Atomic »

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2019, 09:43:43 AM »
I can see the point of 4-5-1 but we have no target CF so I would go 4-4-2.  Otherwise long balls out of defence just come straight back unless they go to the wing..
I would put Brunt at LB as he has experience there and would be available for free kicks; I'm not at all convinced about Townsend's defensive capabilities.
 We need to get some legs in our midfield somehow so I would only ever start one out of Barry, Brunt and Livermore there then maybe swap one of them in when the guy who starts gets tired..
Time to give Morgan a run-out?

Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

PDB

• Baby Baggie

Re: Coaches Saturday
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2019, 10:44:35 AM »
Leave Hawthorns at 10.00am.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Coaches Saturday
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2019, 11:14:31 AM »
Thanks mate

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2019, 12:40:57 PM »
Jimmy Shan expects Holgate and Dawson to be fit. Phillips and Gibbs probably not. Adarabioyo is out.

No mention of Barry so I'm guessing he's not injured which leads me to question his non involvement last Wednesday.

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2019, 03:38:38 PM »
I expect we will remain at 4-5-1 given that Brentford are strong at home and play the type of football they play. I would make a couple of changes though subject to availability. We need a proper defensive option in midfield so Barry or Field should be in the team to do that job. Livermore just doesn't justify a place at all for me so I'd replace him with Johansen and I'd play Brunt on the right hand side, he has the ability to find Gayle or find Rodriguez with diagonal balls. I'm presuming Phillips won't be available, even if he is I'd leave him out and give him time to get over these recurring problems properly:

Johnstone

Holgate           Dawson                   Hegazi             Townsend

Barry
                      Harper                     Johansen
Brunt                                                                   Rodriguez

Gayle

Subs: Bond, Mears, Bartley, Field, Livermore, Robson-Kanu, Murphy

There must be doubts regarding the availability of Holgate, Dawson and Barry. If not available replace them with Mears, Bartley and Field.                       

Decent side but no way can brunt play right hand side of midfield. i would swap jay rod and brunt.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2019, 03:48:23 PM »

Decent side but no way can brunt play right hand side of midfield. i would swap jay rod and brunt.

He's played there before. The very first time I saw him play was for Sheffield Wednesday against us and he played wide right then and had a really good game.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2019, 03:56:47 PM »

He's played there before. The very first time I saw him play was for Sheffield Wednesday against us and he played wide right then and had a really good game.
I remember seeing that game on telly.  It was in black and white wasn’t it? :D
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2019, 04:14:06 PM »
I remember seeing that game on telly.  It was in black and white wasn’t it? :D

Funny ain't ya?  ;D

Come to think of it I seem to remember Brunty setting up a goal from wide right at Sheffield Wednesday earlier in the season. No reason why he can't play that position, sometimes having a leftie on the right can work.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2019, 04:26:46 PM »
We'll be unchanged, though I'd try Johansen in place of Livermore.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2019, 04:45:08 PM »
Jimmy Shan expects Holgate and Dawson to be fit. Phillips and Gibbs probably not. Adarabioyo is out.

No mention of Barry so I'm guessing he's not injured which leads me to question his non involvement last Wednesday.
New manager  ;D ;D

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Pre Match Chat
« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2019, 05:27:56 PM »
The team will be wearing black armbands tomorrow in memory of 34 year old Albion Secretary Simon Carrington who has died from Cancer.
Anybody with any idea how we can make a respectful tribute at the match tomorrow?

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Pre Match Chat
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2019, 09:58:10 PM »
The team will be wearing black armbands tomorrow in memory of 34 year old Albion Secretary Simon Carrington who has died from Cancer.
Anybody with any idea how we can make a respectful tribute at the match tomorrow?

I'm not attending tomorrow, but perhaps a minutes applause on 34 mins?

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2019, 10:02:36 PM »
I'd be tempted to bring Field in for Harper, but I also don't like changing a winning team.

Johnstone
Holgate
Dawson
Hegazi
Townsend
Livermore
Brunt
Field
Murphy
Gayle
Rodriguez

Gayle desperately needs a goal, as he has generally been a passenger since returning from suspension.