Author Topic: Bad Owners  (Read 430 times)

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

Bad Owners
« on: February 28, 2024, 02:03:39 PM »
Just been reading a piece about the co-owner of Newcastle United, namely Amanda Staveley, who even from my poor memory has sailed close to the wind regarding money deals.
Well apparently she is about to be bankrupted for owing up to £35 million from a shipping magnate although she is attempting to get the matter put aside.
But should she become bankrupt (the club has already loaned her aprox £500k) to help pay for solicitors, how or are the powers that be affect her abilities running that club?
Can they be deducted points?
How was she a fit & proper person to own a football club because her debts were accumulated a few years years ago i think before she became a co owner? Would these powers that be be looking at this?
I wonder how many other owners are in difficulties atm and do these powers that be keep an eye on every cl owner or do they just forget about them once theyve passed their "test"?

Jeremy Roland Peace

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Bad Owners
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2024, 03:59:18 PM »
So this is the murky world of football ownership. She owns 10% of the club which is now apparently 6% (rumoured) but that % was bought by a company that she is a shareholder of and not directly by her herself, she was the face of the consortium as such that led the takeover so there was no need for her to undertake any fit and proper tests for the takeover.
https://journals.library.columbia.edu/index.php/lawandarts/announcement/view/459

Interestingly she owes this 35m to a greek shipping magnate, it wouldn't be the same greek shipping magnate that owns another premier league club would it ?

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2024, 07:18:14 AM »
Lai, possibly out worst owner ever. would you agree. i suspect some may say Tony Hale
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2024, 09:47:11 AM »
Lai, possibly out worst owner ever. would you agree. i suspect some may say Tony Hale

Lai, definitely surpasses anything which Hale did (to my knowledge).
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!