Author Topic: 11 Jan 2020 Charlton Ath 2 Albion 2  (Read 37104 times)

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

11 Jan 2020 Charlton Ath 2 Albion 2
« on: December 26, 2019, 03:49:05 PM »
Charlton Athletic v West Bromwich Albion

Saturday 11th January 2020 15.00pm

Please use this board for all your After Match Debate. Away fans are reminded to abide by the site rules.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

In Game Chat
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2019, 03:49:55 PM »

Please use this board for all your In Game Chat. Opposition fans are reminded to abide by the site rules.

Please keep this board Albion related, there are boards elsewhere in General Sports to discuss other games

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

Pre Match Chat
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2019, 03:50:15 PM »

Please use this board for all your Pre Match Chat. Opposition fans are reminded to abide by the site rules.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

Ticket Info & Requests
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2019, 03:54:09 PM »

PRICES

Allocation: 3,400

£24 Adult, £19 Senior & U21, £15 Student, £12 U18, £5 U11

SALE DATES

Away Season Ticket Holders - Monday December 16
Home Season Ticket Holders Online - Wednesday December 18
Home Season Ticket Holders Online/ In Person/ Phone - Monday December 23
Members Online - Sunday December 29
Members Online/ In Person/ Phone - Sunday December 29
General Sale - Wednesday January 1

For upto date ticket info
CLICK HERE

MEMBERS WITH LESS THAN 25 POSTS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO OFFER TICKETS FOR SALE OR REQUEST TO BUY TICKETS ON WESTBROM.COM.
 ANYONE IGNORING THAT RULING WILL HAVE THEIR POST REMOVED.

Nickwba1

• Senior Baggie

Re: Ticket Info & Requests
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2020, 09:49:18 AM »
If anyone has 2 spare tickets for this game come up, please let me know. Unfortunately I didn't get on quick enough to buy them before they sold out. The ticket office said they are requesting some more as there are a few blocks that didn't become available, however,I'm not sure how true that is. Fingers crossed a couple come up!

Sted1990

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

Re: Ticket Info & Requests
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2020, 09:54:39 AM »
If anyone has 2 spare tickets for this game come up, please let me know. Unfortunately I didn't get on quick enough to buy them before they sold out. The ticket office said they are requesting some more as there are a few blocks that didn't become available, however,I'm not sure how true that is. Fingers crossed a couple come up!

There are more seats available on the website, be quick though as less than 100.

letmereadposts

• Junior Baggie

Re: Pre Match Chat
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2020, 10:26:52 AM »
Appreciate we're playing them today but looking forward to going to this one and no been to the Valley before.

Hoping we build on from the Leeds performance and make a statement in our promotion push.

COYB

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2020, 06:02:32 PM »
I would be very tempted to start Zohore after he got his goal today

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2020, 07:45:46 PM »
I would be very tempted to start Zohore after he got his goal today

I think you are right. Also think brunt and harper should both be on the bench. Brunt should be coming on for diangana (no way he will or should play 90 mins after his injury)
O Albion we love you

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2020, 11:05:36 AM »
Been asked to post this for anyone going Saturday -

Angerstein Hotel 20 minutes walk from the ground, free food hot and cold before and after match, sky sports and jukebox. Lagers etc old london fella in his 70s who runs it great craic with him

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2020, 09:20:38 AM »
We need Livermore to keep Gallagher quiet. He is their dangerman, making them tick.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2020, 12:16:18 PM »
In light of Austin and Zohore looking happier (IMO) playing as part of a two on Sunday, would any of you tinker with our normal system and revert to 4-4-2? We could line up something like this:

Johnstone

Furlong     Ajayi        Hegazi    Townsend

Pereira  Livermore   Sawyers    Diangana

Austin       Zohore

That's the first choice team I'd pick at 4-4-2 but other variations may suit other people. I'm just wondering would any of you alter our usual system?

« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 12:30:03 PM by Atomic »

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2020, 12:52:34 PM »
Looks okay to me but would play Bartley not Hegazi.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2020, 01:03:42 PM »
In light of Austin and Zohore looking happier (IMO) playing as part of a two on Sunday, would any of you tinker with our normal system and revert to 4-4-2? We could line up something like this:

Johnstone

Austin       Zohore

That's the first choice team I'd pick at 4-4-2 but other variations may suit other people. I'm just wondering would any of you alter our usual system?

The problem with that is Periera, do you effectively sacrifice your best player by shoving hm out wide.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2020, 01:11:13 PM »
The problem with that is Periera, do you effectively sacrifice your best player by shoving hm out wide.

Wideish but Pereira will naturally drift infield anyway creating a midfield three a lot of the time especially when we are on the ball. The space left by him doing that allows Furlong to do what he does best gallop down the wing.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2020, 01:22:36 PM »

Johnstone

Austin       Zohore

Pereira is wasted out wide. He is most effective behind the striker(s). At the same time I think its important to attack using the full width of the pitch which is a problem with 4-4-2.  If Diangana is fit then Phillips or Edwards on the otehr flank. Otherwise Furlong has too much to do.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2020, 01:28:32 PM »
Pereira is wasted out wide. He is most effective behind the striker(s). At the same time I think its important to attack using the full width of the pitch which is a problem with 4-4-2.  If Diangana is fit then Phillips or Edwards on the otehr flank. Otherwise Furlong has too much to do.

See I'm of the opposite view to you. I think if you play 4-4-2 you have to have one of your wide midfielders tucking in to create that three otherwise you get over-run in midfield. Unless you have truly exceptional central midfielders you can't afford to play with two out and out wingers. Phillips in a wide area will tuck in but I'd rather Pereira than Phillips, personally.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2020, 01:42:05 PM »

See I'm of the opposite view to you. I think if you play 4-4-2 you have to have one of your wide midfielders tucking in to create that three otherwise you get over-run in midfield. Unless you have truly exceptional central midfielders you can't afford to play with two out and out wingers. Phillips in a wide area will tuck in but I'd rather Pereira than Phillips, personally.
But we tried Pereira out wide when he first joined and I think he has been more effective since coming inside. We've been playing 4-2-3-1 most of the season and generally I think it has been effective.  I think you need widemen getting thro to the by-line to deliver crosses. When we play 4-4-2 the backs have to do that job, but they can't effectively if they also have defensive duties. O'Shea and Townsend tried on Sunday but they didn't cause that much danger, even against poor opposition.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2020, 01:49:22 PM »
But we tried Pereira out wide when he first joined and I think he has been more effective since coming inside. We've been playing 4-2-3-1 most of the season and generally I think it has been effective.  I think you need widemen getting thro to the by-line to deliver crosses. When we play 4-4-2 the backs have to do that job, but they can't effectively if they also have defensive duties. O'Shea and Townsend tried on Sunday but they didn't cause that much danger, even against poor opposition.

Furlong excels going forward, he's done that most of the season. That's the reason Ajayi plays right side mostly so Furlong can do that because of Ajayi's pace on the cover. Pereira playing wide in a 4-2-3-1 is slightly different to playing as a wide midfielder in a four.

I respect your view. It'll be interesting to see what Slav does on Saturday. Likely scenario is he sticks with the 4-2-3-1 I would've thought.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

Match Officials
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2020, 03:34:56 PM »
Ref: Jarred Gillett
1st Ass: Darren Blunden
2nd Ass: Geoff Russell
4th: Lee Venamore
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 09:34:11 AM by Hull Baggie »

Atomic

• WBA Coach

Re: Match Officials
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2020, 03:36:27 PM »
As this guy reffed us before Hull?

Hopefully we'll finally get a decent ref.

popmonkey

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2020, 03:55:28 PM »
This is the Aussie ref who moved over to the UK to do his studies up near Preston.

BT Sport shared a video online of him wearing a mic during a game in the A-League.
Going down the Brummie Road... To see the Albion Aces!

Aussie Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2020, 09:43:32 PM »
This is the Aussie ref who moved over to the UK to do his studies up near Preston.

BT Sport shared a video online of him wearing a mic during a game in the A-League.

Can’t be too bad then... ;D

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2020, 09:33:54 AM »
As this guy reffed us before Hull?

Hopefully we'll finally get a decent ref.

Not reffed us before. This is his first season reffing in UK (as others have said he's an Aussie)
 He has reffed 17 games this season: 14 of which have been in the Championship, 1 in league 1, 1 in FA Cup (Sheff utd v Flyde) and 2 Carabao cup.
He's produced 56 yellows and 1 red in those 17 games.

https://www.soccerbase.com/referees/referee.sd?referee_id=1528&season_id=152

4th official Lee Venamore was 2nd assistant when we lost at home to Boro the other week.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 09:37:46 AM by Hull Baggie »

baggiebof

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2020, 10:13:17 AM »
I'd go for this (which is what I suspect that we will see):

Johnstone

Furlong
Ajayi
Bartley
Townsend

Livermore
Sawyers

Phillips
Pereira
Diangana

Robson-Kanu

Bond, Hegazi, Brunt, Krovinovic, Edwards, Zohore, Austin

Regards Bilic having the preference for a lopsided back 4 with one of the full backs being allowed to bomb on more than the other, whilst Furlong has done well attacking this season, he is quite good in the air and is a solid defensive option at the back post. He began his career as a centre back so although he might be good going forward, he can do a job tucking in better than Townsend could in my opinion.