Author Topic: Chris Brunt  (Read 760869 times)

baggieboyjop

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Chris Brunt
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2011, 11:13:04 PM »
Brunt has reverted to his old bad ways, I changed my mind about him for the 1st half of the season as he seemed to be more interested in tracking back to help out defensively.

Now he looks lost, no fight, no bottle - a passenger, we really can't have that from a captain :(

Agree, lazy and ineffective  >:(
I hate stoke, i hate newcastle more than i hate stoke, i hate andy carrol more than i hate newcastle, i hate v*lla more than i hate andy carrol but i hate the dingles most of all. Albion till i die

63Brummie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2011, 09:51:44 AM »
Brunt needs to be put out wide on the right were he started the season so well,he ends up trying hollywood balls were he is now.Spends too much time drifting in the middle
I agree.
His best position is wide (without the Captains arm band)...it's a bidge too far for him :'(
Your Football team is the best example of pure unconditional love...that's why I'm a BAGGIE TO THE BONE

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2011, 09:58:03 AM »
Somebody tell Roy Brunt aint no captain.Never was never will be.We need all our players firing on all cylinders.
Ok if nobody else wants to be captain inc Olsson then let Roy be captain from the touchline
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

eaststandbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2011, 10:46:25 AM »
I posted on here last season he is a luxury we cannot affors.If Liverpool want him sell him
I was there when The King put the ball in the Everton net.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2011, 01:35:08 PM »
I posted on here last season he is a luxury we cannot affors.If Liverpool want him sell him

Mr Peace should clear 30 Million with players sold including Brunt if we go down

bubz

« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2011, 01:41:29 PM »
I don't think we would miss him that much, although I can see his set pieces being even more essential under Hodgson.

Savvas78

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2011, 01:48:25 PM »
Mr Peace should clear 30 Million with players sold including Brunt if we go down

Which will no doubt be 'absorbed' into the club, rather than re-invested in new players; leaving us a mediocre Championship side at best...... But that's a whole other topic!
We've gone on holiday by mistake!

Nocky

• WBA Coach

« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2011, 01:52:07 PM »
Brunt has been below par lately but in his defence he’s been shifted from one position to another on an all too regular basis.

He’s been shunted far too regularly into central midfield, a position he’s clearly not comfortable in at this level. His best form came with him operating wide right but he needs a sustained run of games back in that position if he’s going to get his form back.

He’s essentially been a victim of his own quality in that the previous management team were trying to accommodate him in positions he clearly wasn’t comfortable with. Despite this he's still chipped in with 9/10 assists which I dare say is more than any other of our players.
"Champions aren't made in the gym. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a desire, a dream, a vision."

Muhammad Ali

63Brummie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2011, 02:21:24 PM »
What :o???
He's one of our main creative outlets...did that Dingles firework hit you in the head mate?LMAO ;D
Your Football team is the best example of pure unconditional love...that's why I'm a BAGGIE TO THE BONE

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2011, 04:00:15 PM »
Up until the last month or so he had one of the highest assists rates in this division,remakable for a club of our standing.The bloke has that touch of class about him,as others said he has been a victim of his own good form by being shunted all over the pitch.Never in a million years is he a centre midfielder.Selling your best players only leads to one thing....
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2011, 07:48:25 PM »
The captaincy thing isn't that straight forward. People say make Scharner captain but he isnt certain of his place any more. Not unless he plays at centre half or replaces Mulumbu. Reid has also been out of the side for most of the season and gets injured too often.

I think people focus on who is captain too much simply because it is an easy thing to look at. Maybe it is a bigger deal than I think and a strong leader is good but I think having strong leaders on the pitch matters more than having one bloke wearing an arm band. Out of those guaranteed to play, Brunt is the most senior here. Olsson doesn't want it and is too hot headed and the other option is Peter Odemwingie who may soon be dropped and will get the same accusations levelled at him as Brunt is getting (other than letting his head drop, something he does not do).

Tamas would be perfect but he isnt good enough to be in the first 11 so like Reid he wont get the chance. Apart from that, we dont have a player who is calm enough (rules out Mulumbu and Olsson) and can be a natural to cary a team (like Scott Parker) and so you need to accept that we wont have the perfect captian this season.

If people can name somebody other than  often Reid or not certain of a place Scharner then you might have a point.
Boing Boing

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2011, 07:51:50 PM »
Brunt always seems to go through fazes in a season. During his first premier league campaign here he started poor before finishing strong. Last season he started great, was poor half way through and then ended strongly. He carried this form through to this season up until half way through and is now going through another bad patch.

He isnt the complete player and if Liverpool do their research they will realise he isnt good enough for a side who want to be finishing in the top 4 but he is premier league class with his assists and near the end of the seaosn I expect him to pop up with a few key goals and assists. he will still be very close to the top of the assists charts in the division this season.
Boing Boing

TaffieBaggie

« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2011, 08:51:51 AM »
I have never been one of his fans as most of you know from my past posts.  Against Wolves he went missing.  What amazed me more than anything was that he was made man of the match. 

Maybe it was because Mulumbu wasn't playing and the two people who voted where his family.  The other option is that the rest of the players were even worse but that was just not the case.

eaststandbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2011, 11:22:31 AM »
No 63 Brummie I did not get hit by dingles firework I was born this daft.Just my opinion I think we could live without him,I think he does ever put in a full shift and goes missing to often.
I was there when The King put the ball in the Everton net.

westbrom4ever

« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2011, 09:27:40 PM »
Baffling that he is captain.

AlbionLegend

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2011, 10:02:49 PM »
In regards to keeping Brunt as captain when Carson is back, maybe not giving it back will take some pressure off Carson.
I've got those West Bromwich Blues!

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2011, 10:11:34 PM »
His free kicks crossed into the box are usually very good, hopefully Roy can sort our attacking of set pieces out like he did for Fulham, because there's plenty of joy to be had there. If the quality of his set pieces was against us we'd be all over the place.

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2011, 10:13:14 PM »
He needs to get back out wide again, he looked lost at times tonight when he was alone in the centre of midfield.

Rich99

« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2011, 10:26:02 PM »
I thought he was poor again today, but at least showed a bit more effort and fight.

The atemps at Holywood passes and shots are starting to make me groan before they even leave his boot.

I hope he can refind his form soon.

slugga1

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2011, 10:28:33 PM »
Brunt isnt playing the game we know he can, tired maybe i dont know but i think we all agree he's not captain material and doesnt need that on his shoulders.
Who for captain then? Olsson obvious choice but doesnt want it?  Mulumbu, fantastic but too hot headed i think.
For me theres only one other person and thats Dorrans, i think he is almost beckhamesque in how he can up his performance for the team and could take it in his stride now hes more settled on the pitch.
with perfomances like today he would certainly be in for a shout.
Tony Pulis is ...The Equaliser

sax78

« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2011, 10:36:19 PM »
When he switched with Thomas tonight and played on the left he looked like the player we all know he is.   Also I appreciate you could criticise the free kicks he gave away tonight but at least he had some fight in him! If you're reading this Brunty, Well done mate!

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2011, 10:36:37 PM »
Brunt isn't the kind of player you need in a relegation battle IMO. He doesn't have the heart or grit required for it. Looks tired and has been off form for a while.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

tommi

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2011, 11:09:44 PM »
Had an absolute shocker tonight for me.

Barely did a thing right the entire 90 minutes.
West Bromwich Albion F.C. - Founded 1879

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2011, 11:13:46 PM »
From behind the goal he ran his nuts off and helped his full back.

We can have flair brunt and be lightweight or a more hard working, biting brunt - can't do the two jobs.

I only go for the beer.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2011, 08:01:01 AM »
I noticed walking off at the end he didnt acknowledge the supporters.Time to rest him