Author Topic: 17 Sept 2016 Albion 4 West Ham Utd 2  (Read 63841 times)

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #200 on: September 17, 2016, 05:27:34 PM »
Very pleased , great 60ish mins.
Chadli and Rondon will get headlines but I thought McClean had his best game for us , crossing much improved and he never gives up.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #201 on: September 17, 2016, 05:32:29 PM »
Shout out to TP as well. Was ruthless with the dire Galloway and his substitutions were very good.

Thought we played well in patches and thoroughly deserved the three points.

Chadli Rondon Yacob McClean and Foster were superb.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

QRHcooper

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #202 on: September 17, 2016, 05:33:53 PM »
No Gardner  :D 
Pleased, surprised and chuffed to bits with the display and I thought HRK looked tidy as well! Nice one baggies, more of the same please  :)
British by Birth English By the Grace of God

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #203 on: September 17, 2016, 05:42:12 PM »
On way back from a superb day!
Still problems but how enjoyed was that for those of us that went?
Some happy faces all round at last up the Hawthorns and so pleasing to get the new ownership off to a flyer.
 ;D
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #204 on: September 17, 2016, 05:45:41 PM »
Shout out to TP as well. Was ruthless with the dire Galloway and his substitutions were very good.

Thought we played well in patches and thoroughly deserved the three points.

Chadli Rondon Yacob McClean and Foster were superb.

It was a good decision to take Galloway off; he was looking very tense and was liable to give away more goals. It exemplifies a ruthless streak that all good managers need.

I don't think we should give up on Galloway I still think he looks promising but it was definitely the right call taking him off.

bartleygreen baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #205 on: September 17, 2016, 05:47:50 PM »
I didn't hear any boo's for Robson-Kanu, only the old Kanuuuu chant - but don't let that get in the way of having a reason to attack our own fans.  ???

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #206 on: September 17, 2016, 05:51:06 PM »
I didn't hear any boo's for Robson-Kanu, only the old Kanuuuu chant - but don't let that get in the way of having a reason to attack our own fans.  ???

That makes sense to be honest, the kanu chant does sound like booing, I doubt our fans would boo him anyway to be fair.

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #207 on: September 17, 2016, 05:56:20 PM »
That makes sense to be honest, the kanu chant does sound like booing, I doubt our fans would boo him anyway to be fair.

Despite Bartleys snarky comment about finding a reason to attack our fans, I know what I heard and it wasn't 'Kanu'. And the fact I called four or five people out for it sat around me, who retaliated by spouting off about having 'a right to boo' as they buggered off home early, tells you all you need to know.

By no means a majority, but we have some dreadful fans. Hey at least they turn up to games still eh?

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #208 on: September 17, 2016, 05:57:37 PM »
IT was KANUUUUUUU not BOOOOOO they were chanting as i was one of them.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #209 on: September 17, 2016, 05:59:09 PM »
Of course there were no boos, and lets forget the empty seats, and West Ham were no good, we played well, deserved the win, and there were some excellent individual performances, but none better than JAMES McLEAN. 
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

Re: In Game Chat
« Reply #210 on: September 17, 2016, 06:02:16 PM »

Yep he has already been caught in possession twice and is just not strong enough to hold off even the weakest defender. Held it ok in their box for about 20 seconds when a simple pass across could have resulted in a 5th goal, great to see you Jimmy

and then held on to the ball, made space and played good passes :P

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #211 on: September 17, 2016, 06:04:56 PM »
Of course there were no boos, and lets forget the empty seats, and West Ham were no good, we played well, deserved the win, and there were some excellent individual performances, but none better than JAMES McLEAN.
my motm, may not have all the qualities we like to see but not many put more effort in than him. £1.5m wasn't a lot for a decent squad player.

elmo_in_swansea

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #212 on: September 17, 2016, 06:06:07 PM »
action here if I'm allowed to post it http://hoofoot.com/?match=West_Brom_4_-_2_West_Ham_2016_09_17

edit goals 4-0 & 4-1 in the wrong order somehow lol
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 06:11:56 PM by elmo_in_swansea »
Orihuela CF
@elmo_in_swansea on twitter

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #213 on: September 17, 2016, 06:11:32 PM »
Good result, needed to win today to give us some hope upto Xmas, desperately need to be aable to pass out of defence ratherv thsan just boot it, I thought Big Mac and Fletcher were to blame for the panic at the back for the last 20 mins, I would be looking to replace them in January, plus a new striker to help Rondon ;D

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #214 on: September 17, 2016, 06:28:39 PM »
Was in the brummie end today and never even noticed any boo's.... probably too nervous about us holding on, only boo's  I heard were when they called out the teams at the start and mentioned Saido.... but the less said about that the better.

Although I'm well chuffed with the win I'm also annoyed... why can't we play like this every game?! Bloody hard being a baggie at times!

Fair play to the whole team though, can't fault any of them really... odd mistake here and there and the odd poor decisions by some players but other than that we were a lot better than we have seen recently!

miggybaggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #215 on: September 17, 2016, 06:30:46 PM »
Thought Jimmy Morrison was pure class when he came on at the end. There was still a ten minute spell when they could easily have had a third and made us very nervous, but Morrison's composure and refusal to 'hoof' completely stifled them. We've missed him.

boingboing1989

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #216 on: September 17, 2016, 06:34:06 PM »
I heard boos but in all fairness the smethwick didnt stop singing his name when he came on.

Excellent performance from the team, right decision to take Galloway off who looks very shaky. Man of the match James Mcclean, didnt stop running all game in defence and attack.

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #217 on: September 17, 2016, 06:36:39 PM »
Imagine if Tone had got 4 more like chadli ;)  (backs away from that bomb)

Happy with 3 points and some excitement.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #218 on: September 17, 2016, 06:44:50 PM »
Yeah, audible boos when he came on. Disgusting. Can only speak for the Brummie Road end but that was absolutely uncalled for.

I genuinely thought it was the old Kanu chant rather than booing.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #219 on: September 17, 2016, 06:46:18 PM »
Did people actually boo him? I heard a few shouts of Kanuuuuuuuuuuu, but no boos.

I thought we were awful today and were gifted the game by a shockingly poor defensive display from West Ham. We cannot keep possession of the ball, it is frightening how poor we are in poessession but the scoreline will undoubtedly paper over the cracks for now.

The connection of Rondon (who was superb again) and Chadli looks very promising and may be our saviour this season. Phillips was terrible again, McClean worked hard defensively but is not good enough on the ball, ditto Fletcher and Galloway had an utter mare.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #220 on: September 17, 2016, 06:46:46 PM »
Looking at them , that Payet is a bit tasty isn't he ?
Even went through a Yacob tackle :o
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #221 on: September 17, 2016, 06:47:30 PM »
Chadli will rightly get the plaudits for a wonderful performance but I thought McLean was outstanding too.

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #222 on: September 17, 2016, 06:48:00 PM »
Really happy with the win, great work. We were very sloppy at times and gifting west ham lots of possession but we had some brilliant counter attacks in us. Just a shame we couldn't get a fifth to make it more comfortable! Much needed as we haven't win at home for yonks and it puts a smile on peoples faces for another week at least. I expect Stoke to throw everything at us especially if they don't win tomorrow. Onwards we go, COYB

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #223 on: September 17, 2016, 06:59:36 PM »
Credit where its due Pulis did the right thing playing Chadli in that role behind Rondon as well as bringing McClean in to help Galloway out, also did the right thing to take the youngster off in the second half when he did. Disappointed with the goals we conceded and how deep we dropped but I think that may be more Psychological than anything, I feel pure relief to get the win though.

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #224 on: September 17, 2016, 07:02:15 PM »
A big plus today was  no bambino in the side leave him on the bench better still leave him to rot at home.