Author Topic: Jonathan Leko Joins Blues for Undisclosed Fee  (Read 144508 times)

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

Re: Jonathan Leko
« Reply #200 on: March 04, 2017, 06:02:53 PM »
Those having a go at Leko need to remember he is just 17!

Not having a go at all, just giving critism where it's due. Yes hes only 17, and you may not like it, but he directly contributed to us conceding a goal today.

SirTonyPulis

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #201 on: March 04, 2017, 06:07:04 PM »
Those having a go at Leko need to remember he is just 17!

You can still see at young players if they have any good attributes and Leko has none out of value. The best he can be is a sh*t Sessegnon

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #202 on: March 04, 2017, 06:18:12 PM »
You can still see at young players if they have any good attributes and Leko has none out of value. The best he can be is a sh*t Sessegnon

Thats a bit harsh mate. If TP aint going to play him at least send him out on loan so he can have a chance of playing regularly.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #203 on: March 04, 2017, 06:20:14 PM »

I wouldn't go that far. Yes he made the mistake today, but he's obviously eager to impress, hence trying to beat his man every time. I fear he won't be played again though now.

Black Country Pride

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #204 on: March 04, 2017, 06:21:10 PM »
I know he made a mistake but come on, Townsend still had a hell of a lot to do. At least he had a go...

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #205 on: March 04, 2017, 06:22:23 PM »
I know he made a mistake but come on, Townsend still had a hell of a lot to do. At least he had a go...

Was impressed with Townsend today. Thought that was a very good goal. Nearly applauded it

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #206 on: March 04, 2017, 06:25:00 PM »
Still only 17 so I'm not willing to write him off, but I doubt that will bother TP, if he plays another minute this season I'll be surprised, needs a loan move next season, doesn't matter what division, needs to play against men that will kick lumps out of him.

Agree, sorry to say, but I don't think he's going to make it.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #207 on: March 04, 2017, 06:31:21 PM »
Not going to knock a youngster for making a mistake, he chased townsend and tried to win the ball back when really he should have stayed on his feet and shepherded him out wide where he would have matched him for pace.
he will only learn by getting opportunity's and being coached out of these mistakes.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #208 on: March 04, 2017, 06:31:54 PM »

And it was made a lot easier by Leko chasing him to about the halfway line then giving up and falling over allowing Palace a 2 on 2 so only one defender could commit.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #209 on: March 04, 2017, 06:33:06 PM »
People being hard on a young kid as long as he has the right attitude he can go on to have a career, for an example Wood isn't doing to bad at Leeds.

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #210 on: March 04, 2017, 06:44:46 PM »
Youngster would make mistakes, the most important thing is he learnt from it and keep improving.
The PRIDE of midlands

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #211 on: March 04, 2017, 06:56:52 PM »
Leko the only Albion forward to try and beat a player?

Needs game time rather than just throwing him on in desperation for a few minutes.
What HRK brings at this level ill never know, shocking again when he came on and no threat as ever.
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #212 on: March 04, 2017, 07:45:01 PM »
Only fools have a go at a young lad he made a mistake get over it  he will become a very good player given time and patience

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #213 on: March 04, 2017, 07:47:37 PM »
Only fools have a go at a young lad he made a mistake get over it  he will become a very good player given time and patience

From what I can see only one poster is having a go at him. The rest are just discussing the 2nd and vital goal? If he's old enough to play Premier League football then it's okay to scrutinize his performance in my opinion.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #214 on: March 04, 2017, 08:02:07 PM »

From what I can see only one poster is having a go at him. The rest are just discussing the 2nd and vital goal? If he's old enough to play Premier League football then it's okay to scrutinize his performance in my opinion.

Definitely, and rightly so. Especially when the majority of the crowd were calling for him to come on, and a lot of us on here have been asking for it for a while. Good for us to see first hand why Pulis is hesitant to use him.

Regarding having a go, as stated by many, he made the mistake that directly lead to the goal. It would be silly to not criticise him for that.

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #215 on: March 04, 2017, 08:18:29 PM »

How have the mods not banned this guy yet? He's clearly a troll look through his posts...

As for Leko, he needs a loan move, TP is mismanaging him a bit imo. Looked good last season then has been completely frozen out. Poor today when he came on.

Mo

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #216 on: March 04, 2017, 08:36:26 PM »

With respect that is utter nonsense . I've seen enough of Leko to know the kid has got plenty of good attributes , he reminds me a bit of a young bolasie very raw but with the right coaching ,  nurturing and application on his behalf he could become a very good player . What West Brom mustn't do is coach his natural ability out of him and turn him into a robot .

botters

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #217 on: March 04, 2017, 08:39:04 PM »
Agree, sorry to say, but I don't think he's going to make it.

Yes write the lad off after an error and ten minutes on the pitch. He has shown enough previously to see that he has great potential.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 08:44:33 PM by Dexy »

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #218 on: March 04, 2017, 08:53:01 PM »
Yes right the lad off after an error and ten minutes on the pitch. He has shown enough previously to see that he has great potential.

I think he's got enough to make it as a pro, but not at Premier League Level. As others have said it's easy to see why Pulis doesn't play him.

I didn't see his briefing before he came on, but it's inconceivable that he didn't get one. He's also played a lot of games at under 21 level, so he should be well aware of the protocol. From what I've seen of him at first team level, he's not a team player & I think he demonstrated that again today. There was an easy option of a pass, but he wanted to make a name for himself, so he chose the selfish option & paid the price.
IMO it will be sometime before we see him again.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

Mo

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #219 on: March 04, 2017, 09:00:10 PM »
I think he's got enough to make it as a pro, but not at Premier League Level. As others have said it's easy to see why Pulis doesn't play him.

I didn't see his briefing before he came on, but it's inconceivable that he didn't get one. He's also played a lot of games at under 21 level, so he should be well aware of the protocol. From what I've seen of him at first team level, he's not a team player & I think he demonstrated that again today. There was an easy option of a pass, but he wanted to make a name for himself, so he chose the selfish option & paid the price.

Pulis doesn't play him as his first remit is to get results therefore he won't risk the kid at the moment . Sometimes you roll the dice and it works sometimes it doesn't . How you can judge a kid at his age is beyond me . He wasn't being selfish he just didn't make the right choice in the situation and he also let the player brush him off but he will learn a lot today .

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #220 on: March 04, 2017, 09:04:37 PM »
Pulis doesn't play him as his first remit is to get results therefore he won't risk the kid at the moment . Sometimes you roll the dice and it works sometimes it doesn't . How you can judge a kid at his age is beyond me . He wasn't being selfish he just didn't make the right choice in the situation and he also let the player brush him off but he will learn a lot today .

Leko is an exciting talent. Don't crucify him for one mistake

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #221 on: March 04, 2017, 09:06:00 PM »

By the time he came on, I felt Pulis was in two minds whether to actually bring him on. He kept sending him back and waiting (think it was around 5 minutes) before he actually made the change, almost as though he was weighing up whether it was worth the risk.

botters

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #222 on: March 04, 2017, 09:09:24 PM »

Agree totally some people think we should have robot playing for us not humans!

CL3MO

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #223 on: March 04, 2017, 09:11:47 PM »
I don't understand why he hasn't been put out on loan this season - he's hardly had a kick and TP said that going out on loan is the best thing for kids. Is it our lack of options from the bench?

Mo

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #224 on: March 04, 2017, 09:13:16 PM »

If you actually read what I put I haven't crucified him , I actually rate the lad very highly .