Author Topic: Jonathan Leko Joins Blues for Undisclosed Fee  (Read 144933 times)

wba13

• Youth Baggie

Re: Jonathan Leko
« Reply #175 on: January 08, 2017, 01:36:52 PM »
Leko was not in squad yesterday and everything about him going out on loan is hearsay until it happens

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #176 on: January 08, 2017, 03:54:18 PM »
doesn't or shouldn't matter if he is or is not going on loan. first priority is the here and now, he gets paid by WBA to play for WBA.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #177 on: January 08, 2017, 04:20:59 PM »
So pulis put a player in the squad he had no intention using whatsoever? Makes sense ::)

Of course it does

Many players are still included in the match day squad purely for experience

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #178 on: January 08, 2017, 05:46:50 PM »
Leko was not in squad yesterday and everything about him going out on loan is hearsay until it happens

Was thinking the same, didn't get any game time but he was warming up for quite a bit of the match

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #179 on: January 08, 2017, 09:36:55 PM »
Was thinking the same, didn't get any game time but he was warming up for quite a bit of the match

He wasn't a named substitute...
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #180 on: January 08, 2017, 09:53:56 PM »
He wasn't a named substitute...

That's pretty obvious for us all to see.

Just fail to see why he would be warming up if he's not in the squad... pretty pointless isn't it.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #181 on: January 08, 2017, 10:24:41 PM »
That's pretty obvious for us all to see.

Just fail to see why he would be warming up if he's not in the squad... pretty pointless isn't it.
Maybe he was told to by the staff...or maybe he just wanted to have a loosen up.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #182 on: January 09, 2017, 12:10:11 AM »
Maybe he was told to by the staff...or maybe he just wanted to have a loosen up.

Would be funny if we'd made an error in the teamsheet and thought we had named him as sub!

Powelly

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #183 on: January 09, 2017, 08:51:52 AM »
he should be getting game time,especially in the fa cup,whats more important his loan or us getting a cup run,he has proved at this level he can be a handful for defenders and his pace and presence keep opposition players out of the game too,ok he cant defend yet like mclean and phillips but surely chasing the game with 30mins to go yesterday for me he was the player they could have made things happen,i don't buy into this end product business either the kids only 17,when he goes on run he hardly has an abundance of players to pick out

Having no end product doesn't stop McLean getting picked. Saturday has proven, we need Leko in games we are behind and chasing as we don't have anyone else that has the same impact. The rest am just like for like substitutions.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #184 on: January 09, 2017, 10:03:42 AM »
I would like to see him out on loan to someone like the Blues. He is young at the moment and will bulk out soon, and when he does I think he will be a real force to be reckoned with. I love watching him play but I can fully understand why he is not starting.
MAGA!

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #185 on: January 09, 2017, 10:37:26 AM »
I don't expect him to start games but he should have been given more game time from the bench than he has done. There have been numerous occasions this season where games were as good as won and he could have got 20 mins or so. Swansea at home for example. 3-0 up and we bring on Gardner. Who was the last player that we loaned out that then came back and made an impact for us?
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #186 on: January 09, 2017, 10:51:25 AM »
Really would have liked to have seen him given a chance on Saturday as he think he could have ripped Baird apart.
MaClean works hard but really does lack quality even against lower league opposition.

By the way, have we ever had so many corners under TP ? and ever been as wasteful ??
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #187 on: January 09, 2017, 10:57:54 AM »
Really would have liked to have seen him given a chance on Saturday as he think he could have ripped Baird apart.
MaClean works hard but really does lack quality even against lower league opposition.

By the way, have we ever had so many corners under TP ? and ever been as wasteful ??

I have given this some thought. Not so sure we were wasteful, I just think that Derby really did their homework and defended them well. As someone else said in another thread, Pulis was 'out Pulised'!
MAGA!

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #188 on: January 09, 2017, 11:01:39 AM »
I have given this some thought. Not so sure we were wasteful, I just think that Derby really did their homework and defended them well. As someone else said in another thread, Pulis was 'out Pulised'!

Derby did defend very well but there were some really ropey and wasteful balls into the box, mainly from MaClean, and we missed Brunty I feel.
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

A5HB

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #189 on: January 09, 2017, 11:18:06 AM »
Obviously different if you are sat right at the front of the Halford Lane but Rekeem Harper was on the bench and they have a pretty similar build so if you thought you saw Leko from a distance it may well have been Harper warming up?

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #190 on: January 09, 2017, 11:29:09 AM »
Obviously different if you are sat right at the front of the Halford Lane but Rekeem Harper was on the bench and they have a pretty similar build so if you thought you saw Leko from a distance it may well have been Harper warming up?

I think thats more likely than Leko warming up during the match

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

wardy65

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #191 on: January 09, 2017, 06:20:13 PM »

The game was crying out for Brunty to whip a few in, sorely missed on Saturday, but you have to give McLaren credit, as Derby defended brilliantly and I'll be amazed if they don't make the play offs.
As for Leko, I'd like him to stay and get a bit of game time, but fear with TP being pressured by the likes of Chadli & Mclean to get them on first, he may need a loan move.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #192 on: January 09, 2017, 07:24:56 PM »

I put some stats in the Phillips thread about corners. That was by far the most we've had in a game this season. McClean hasn't provided an assist from a corner this season. He was also replaced on corner duty by Brunt when he returned, and hadn't actually taken a corner for us since the Sunderland game. Leko was taking a few corners earlier this season and has an assist from one.

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #193 on: January 13, 2017, 02:47:48 PM »
Well done to Jonathan Leko Prem 2 player of the month for December Keep up the good work

SirTonyPulis

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #194 on: March 04, 2017, 05:06:26 PM »
I'd be amazed if hes playing at a higher level than League 1 in 5 years

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #195 on: March 04, 2017, 05:08:12 PM »
A good example of a player who needs to go out on loan and play week in , week out.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #196 on: March 04, 2017, 05:08:32 PM »
Still only 17 so I'm not willing to write him off, but I doubt that will bother TP, if he plays another minute this season I'll be surprised, needs a loan move next season, doesn't matter what division, needs to play against men that will kick lumps out of him.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #197 on: March 04, 2017, 05:12:11 PM »
He's played 90 mins of football here this season. He either needs more game time here or sending out on loan. Sitting on our bench making up the numbers each week isn't doing him any good. We've had plenty of opportunities to give him a run this season when we've been 2 or 3-0 up but not used him. Less pressure on the kid too.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #198 on: March 04, 2017, 05:56:22 PM »
Hope that's not the last we see of him. But I feel that has shown us why he hasn't been used much by Pulis. Needed to just play the simple pass and understand that the right back was up the pitch so we were in trouble if he lost it. Will learn with more experience.

Noticed he limped back after they scored, as if to say he was injured chasing Townsend. Not sure Pulis would have been impressed. Thought Townsend was impressive for them as a side note.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #199 on: March 04, 2017, 06:01:12 PM »
Those having a go at Leko need to remember he is just 17!