Author Topic: Anything England Football  (Read 773944 times)

wbastrollers

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

Re: Anything England Football
« Reply #3025 on: July 12, 2018, 09:13:37 PM »
That's a pretty bold prediction - France are hardly gung ho, personally I think they are the last team that England would beat on the break.

I fully agree Adder - Easy to predict an event that is never going to happen, then you can’t get wrong !?

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3026 on: July 13, 2018, 05:17:13 PM »
Just can't understand all the fuss about England at the world cup. Whatever anyone says, they were extremely lucky with the way their side of the draw worked out. They would have got to the final without playing a single side ranked above them. They beat Panama, Tunisia and Sweden, drew with Columbia, and got beat by Belgium and Croatia (a country with less than a tenth the population of England and ranked below them). By any standards this is mediocre form, yet most of the press, and a fair few on here as well, are treating them as heroes who hugely over performed. Talk of honours for Southgate, and winning the Euros in 2 years time just exemplify the massive over reaction. They are still a poor side with a poor manager, who I don,t expect to win anything for the forseeable future.

Jimmy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3027 on: July 13, 2018, 06:26:44 PM »
I know us Albion fans are pessimistic but jesus.  :P

Let's just be thankful that the mood and atmosphere has changed and that we finally have a good amount of decent young potential.

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3028 on: July 13, 2018, 06:39:21 PM »
I know us Albion fans are pessimistic but jesus.  :P

Let's just be thankful that the mood and atmosphere has changed and that we finally have a good amount of decent young potential.
Don't think I'm being pessimistic mate, just saying it as I see it. It's a false dawn. England beat 3 teams we were expected to beat, and lost to one we were ranked above. There wasn't a single result where you could say that they exceeded expectations.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3029 on: July 14, 2018, 12:23:40 AM »
Don't think I'm being pessimistic mate, just saying it as I see it. It's a false dawn. England beat 3 teams we were expected to beat, and lost to one we were ranked above. There wasn't a single result where you could say that they exceeded expectations.

Agreed 100%, felt good while it lasted though didn't it  ;D ?

I'm hoping the Albion beat loads of teams we 'should' in the Championship, but unlike England I'm hoping we can beat a few more besides. Anyone else noticed the sun's disappeared since England went out? Hoping for a better day and result tomorrow and an even better few months results wise for the Mighty Albion.

Come on England and COYB  8) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3030 on: August 30, 2018, 02:48:51 PM »
Southgate names his first England squad following our exit from the World Cup

England squad
GK: Jack Butland, Alex McCarthy, Jordan Pickford

DF: Trent Alexander-Arnold, Joe Gomez, Harry Maguire, Danny Rose, John Stones, James Tarkowski, Keiran Trippier, Kyle Walker

MF: Fabian Delph, Dele Alli, Eric Dier, Jordan Henderson, Adam Lallana, Jesse Lingard, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Raheem Sterling

FW: Harry Kane, Marcus Rashford, Danny Welbeck
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3031 on: August 30, 2018, 03:25:01 PM »
Keepers apart every one from a top 6 club, shows what a stranglehold these clubs have on english football or that GS is not looking outside the top clubs.
Next we know we'll be bemoaning the amount of football the players have to contend with, what with europe and all !
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3032 on: August 30, 2018, 03:51:08 PM »
Keepers apart every one from a top 6 club, shows what a stranglehold these clubs have on english football or that GS is not looking outside the top clubs.
Next we know we'll be bemoaning the amount of football the players have to contend with, what with europe and all !

Maguire.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3033 on: August 30, 2018, 04:37:23 PM »

Maguire.

Missed him, exception that proves the rule !  ;)
Albion Family !!!

baggie53

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3034 on: August 30, 2018, 07:22:01 PM »
What - no Livermore  :o :o
Vorwärts die Breiten Hosen !

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3035 on: August 30, 2018, 09:07:07 PM »

“Gareth Southgate bemoans lack of English players playing in the Premier League”

Livermoore might still be in with a chance in future then  :D

Source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45360558
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

tucka9

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3036 on: August 30, 2018, 09:52:45 PM »
Only 3 strikers in the squad and how on earth does Welbeck get in over in form players such as Callum Wilson.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3037 on: August 31, 2018, 06:32:30 AM »
Missed him, exception that proves the rule !  ;)

along with Tarkowski...unless he's moved from Burnley?
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3038 on: August 31, 2018, 07:24:44 AM »
this is very much uninspiring, danny wellbeck for goodness sake
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3039 on: August 31, 2018, 10:25:40 AM »
Nation's League means our game Vs Spain means something, so no real surprises.

Would hope that by the proper friendlies in November, we will start the transition to the squad that will play at the Euros, which will see the likes of Lallana phased out.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3040 on: August 31, 2018, 10:34:29 AM »
along with Tarkowski...unless he's moved from Burnley?

Ok, and hinm, but my point is still valid (almost- ish)

Refuse to back track anymore on this  (yet)
Albion Family !!!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3041 on: August 31, 2018, 10:43:36 AM »
Ok, and him, but my point is still valid (almost- ish)

Refuse to back track anymore on this  (yet)

Reworded for you  ;) .

'Keepers apart every one from a top 6 club apart from those who aren't'...... beep, beep, beep........  ;D .

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3042 on: August 31, 2018, 10:48:29 AM »
Reworded for you  ;) .

'Keepers apart every one from a top 6 club apart from those who aren't'...... beep, beep, beep........  ;D .

can i tell you to 'cough on here  ;D :-[
Albion Family !!!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3043 on: August 31, 2018, 10:50:22 AM »
can i tell you to 'cough on here  ;D :-[

You could try but it earned me a yellow card not long back  :P  ;) .

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3044 on: August 31, 2018, 10:53:19 AM »
You could try but it earned me a yellow card not long back  :P  ;) .

then i won't,

please Mr Daniel of the royal borough of Smethwick, do not make my humiliation any more dire than it already is, i erred and beg forgiveness from the assembled host. Now do one Pal ! :D ;D
Albion Family !!!

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3045 on: September 04, 2018, 12:02:24 AM »
An interesting week of International football coming up.

We get to see our first glimpse of  the new Nations league, the competitive tournament partially replacing international friendlies. The squad selection does not fill me with much hope of anything new but I do understand why Southgate may want to leave some of the exciting youth players in the age grade teams. The Spain game will be an opportunity to see how England can evolve from the World Cup and if Southgate will change anything to make us more creative from open play (possibly difficult until the players come through the under 21’s but he can try).

The youth teams may be more exciting this time around however. Back when I was younger, I remember going to watch England and Poland draw an under 21 game with Ishmael Miller and Luke Moore up front. Today, England’s under 21s have Solanke,  Abraham, Calvert-Lewin and Demarai Gray to choose from. Behind them you find an embarrassment of creative riches. Ryan Sessegnon and Ademola Lookman our wide, Mason Mount, Tom Davies and Lewis Cook in the middle with James Maddison a key potential answer to England’s open play creative woes (Kieran Dowell from Everton, who had a great season on loan at Forest last time out keeps “our” Barnes out of the team, perhaps a little on the lucky side). In defence, Ben Chilwell and Aron Wan Bissaka challenge Kyle Walker-Pieters for a full back spot in a position that is fast becoming England’s most crowded and blessed.

England’s under 20’s feature our own Sam Field, Arsenal’s Joe Willock, Eddie Nketiah and Reiss Nelson, Preston’s on loan Man City star Lucas Nmecha, as well as a host of exciting Chelsea youngsters like Challobah, Dijon Sterling and Jay Da Silva.

While the under 20’s look strong, the under 19’s look incredible. Rakeem Harper will play in Keith Downing’s side, along with probably the 2 brightest English teenage hopes after Ryan Sessgnon - Man City’s Phil Foden and their former winger, Dortmund’s Jadon Sancho. Callum Hudson-Odoi, considered by some to be the best young striker in the world, also makes the team, along with Monaco’s Jonathan Panzo, Wolves forward Gibbs-White and Ryan’s brother Steven Sessegnon with Chelsea’s Guehi, McCeachran and Lamptey.

Rayhaan Tulloch provides the Albion interest in the under 18’s, while Liverpool’s Curtis Jones was supposedly amazing pre season (they have a way of wrecking young talent so I won’t get excited just yet). Xavier Amaechi is also highly rated at Arsenal, but with his surname and Nigeria’s aggressive poaching of English youth players, we will need to act quick to tie him up.

Hard to find much information on the other 2 profiled England teams. I take it no Albion players made the under 17’s (Morgan Rodgers has not played much for the under 23’s this season so far which my explain that, despite his Carabao Cup bench place). Louie Barry is however in the England under 16 team, as publicised by the official website this week. Hopefully he continues to be as prolific this year as he was in his last outings.

Exciting times for England. If we can get those first team pathways sorted, and avoid too many Ademola Lookman situations (Everton blocking a move to RB Leipzig where he had thrived, despite not playing him), then we could have a generation coming through who could conquer the world (if we can get through the French that is).
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 12:07:28 AM by Baggies »
Boing Boing

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3046 on: September 09, 2018, 11:55:24 PM »
Ben Chilwell and Demarai Gray called into the first team for the mid week friendly.

Surprised to see Gray get the call up ahead of Maddison. Could be down to him having more experience, however he just seems more of the same - along the lines of a thousand other English speed merchants we have tried for the national team.

Maybe I am being harsh in Gray who could be great in the right system, but would have much prefered Maddison to be called up.
Boing Boing

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3047 on: September 11, 2018, 02:20:25 PM »
Ben Chilwell and Demarai Gray called into the first team for the mid week friendly.

Surprised to see Gray get the call up ahead of Maddison. Could be down to him having more experience, however he just seems more of the same - along the lines of a thousand other English speed merchants we have tried for the national team.

Maybe I am being harsh in Gray who could be great in the right system, but would have much prefered Maddison to be called up.
No you are right Gray is another speed merchant who won't cut it at top international level. England never EVER learn.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3048 on: October 04, 2018, 09:07:33 AM »
Southgate to be offered a contract until 2022. good or sad
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3049 on: October 04, 2018, 09:41:24 AM »
Sad.

We will not beat a 'good' nation in a competitive game under Southgate.