Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 844340 times)

Backofthenet

• Junior Baggie

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #325 on: May 08, 2018, 09:59:11 AM »
Having read the article in The Mail I would tend to agree with Martin Samuels. He speaks a lot of sense and why should the position go to someone 'less deserving' than Darren. He has stepped into the role and as well as out performing both Pulis and Pardew he conducted himself really well in a way that I would want a manger to represent the club.
His after match interviews come across really well, he obviously loves the club and has grown into this job. There are so many reasons why he should have the job and very few why he shouldn't. All this lack of experience business is a poor excuse for not appointing him, whilst the ones with so called experience are not that special anyway. This dithering about could cost us in the long term. The next few weeks will be vital (whatever happens between now and next Sunday) but to retain Darren would be a major statement by the club and show that we actually mean business and will back someone who undoubtedly wants this club to do well, embraces the supporters, can organise and motivate players and has brought smiles back to this club.
To those is charge --JUST GET ON WITH IT.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #326 on: May 08, 2018, 10:02:14 AM »
I'd agree with that but what about the fans who put the style of football ahead of everything else?   We don't know if Big Dave will play a more expansive game in the future and he is having to work with a squad with limitations - but, IF the way we're playing now is indicative about how we'd play in the future there'll be a lot of unhappy fans around.

Personally, I think the results mean everything - if we're winning and picking up points then people won't care how we play of who's in charge.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #327 on: May 08, 2018, 10:35:33 AM »
IF Darren is so in tune with the club and the fans he will know that we want more entertaining football, however he doesn't have the tools to make that happen at the moment.
Is he capable of building what we (Standaman and myself to name 2) want? Thats a total unknown, I do believe its too big a gamble to give to a untried coach, BUT put the correct man alongside him and it reduces the risk.

Clough & Taylor, Ferguson and Kidd, Ferguson & Carlos Queiroz, Wenger & Bould, Anfield boot room,  Lone coaches are not the way to sustained success, even the capped one had Kempey FFS !
Yes Darren and Shan seem to be a team but I maintain that somewhere in the organisation we need a mentor if we are going to let Darren take the reins in SUCH an important time in the clubs history.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #328 on: May 08, 2018, 05:05:34 PM »
well done indeed to Darren Moore
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #329 on: May 08, 2018, 05:07:31 PM »
Fantastic news that he's won Manager of the Month!

No one deserves it more than he does!

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #330 on: May 08, 2018, 05:13:23 PM »
Well done Darren :D

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #331 on: May 08, 2018, 05:17:21 PM »
Great news and fully deserved.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #332 on: May 08, 2018, 05:19:44 PM »
Barclays Premier League Manager of the Month for April 2018.

Superb from the big man.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #333 on: May 08, 2018, 05:29:52 PM »
The one thing the appointment of Big D would do is re unify / re connect a club that has become very fractured and divided. No other candidate would be able to do that in as short a space of time regardless of their experience something the board need to take into consideration when making the next , vital appointment
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #334 on: May 08, 2018, 05:36:07 PM »
Congratulations Big Dave. Fully deserved.

Critical Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #335 on: May 08, 2018, 05:40:21 PM »
There's only one Big Dave! More than fully deserved, I think it would not be a tragedy we don't ride on this upturn and give him the job for next season now. Just imagine how awful it'd feel if we change and fall into another rubbish spell given most our squad seem to have issues with getting along with the manager...I say rise on the momentum and give him the job!!

Also really nice touch him brining out all the staff for his award, what a humble gentleman.
Frank Burrows Appreciation Society

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #336 on: May 08, 2018, 06:06:32 PM »
Congratulations Dave now give him the job!

kirk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #337 on: May 08, 2018, 06:37:23 PM »
It’s a real shame the colour of his skin has been mentioned regarding why he hasn’t been given the job.
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #338 on: May 08, 2018, 06:38:00 PM »
No don't give him the job. There is a world of difference between his current role and the one he'd  be expected to carry out next season. Fans are more than happy to concede possession for a result against Man U and Spurs but do that at home to Norwich and Brentford will soon bring the knives out. We have to evolve as a club and this is the perfect opportunity. This is a massive appointment that will determine the next five years or so. We must look at the bigger picture.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #339 on: May 08, 2018, 06:38:48 PM »
Excellent news for Darren..fully deserved

should he get the job FT? If we go down YES, if we stay up? I’m undecided
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #340 on: May 08, 2018, 06:40:15 PM »
It’s a real shame the colour of his skin has been mentioned regarding why he hasn’t been given the job.
That's just pathetic to be honest. Some people just can't help themselves.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #341 on: May 08, 2018, 07:01:52 PM »

As far as I'm aware, the permanent head coach job hasn't been filled yet.

Non white managers in football has been a contentious issue in football circles for some time now, so it was inevitable it would be commented on.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #342 on: May 08, 2018, 07:03:45 PM »
After the terrific run of games he engineered, as I said earlier in this thread, I couldn’t think of anyone who deserves it more.

Well done Darren and thank you for restoring pride to the club and the ride of hope!
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #343 on: May 08, 2018, 07:10:33 PM »
As far as I'm aware, the permanent head coach job hasn't been filled yet.

Non white managers in football has been a contentious issue in football circles for some time now, so it was inevitable it would be commented on.

This I do agree with even a club with our rich history is not above scrutiny. Black coaches are under represented and given Moore's record looking from the outside in it must be baffling to other fans and the media that he isn't hot favourite for the position.

We know it's a big job with a big rebuild ahead. Others just see Champions League form against Champions League teams.

The issue was bound to come up.

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #344 on: May 08, 2018, 07:15:00 PM »
It's an incredible achievement for him. I think he above all will be thinking, 'if only I had taken over sooner'. Tremendous accolade for him and he thoroughly deserves it.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #345 on: May 08, 2018, 07:15:29 PM »

I heard a comment, possibly from Liam Rosenior pre-empting that he won't get it because he's black, it could've been somebody else but surely pre-empting racism is a problem too?!

The reasons he may not get it are all here on this board; is he a long term answer? Will he play the right style? Is he ready for a long Championship season where we'll be expected to take the game to teams? If we stay up will he offer evolution of the playing style?

Personally i think we can't judge his style on what he's done so far, he's got it bang on in every game since Swansea and even in that game he stopped the losing streak.

Big well done and deserved award.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

vrabbit

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #346 on: May 08, 2018, 07:18:27 PM »
Excellent news for Darren..fully deserved

should he get the job FT? If we go down YES, if we stay up? I’m undecided

this is where I'm at. DM has done an outstanding job with the current group we have given the limitations of the roster. But does have a long term plan in place for next season? He's never done that before so I wonder about that, although admittedly being prepared is not something he fails at. But that is something I'd focus on when considering him as a long term manager in the PL. What's the plan? Surely you're not banking on McClean and Nyom as starters for a full season. How do you deal with Chadli? Many questions.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #347 on: May 08, 2018, 07:27:10 PM »
this is where I'm at. DM has done an outstanding job with the current group we have given the limitations of the roster. But does have a long term plan in place for next season? He's never done that before so I wonder about that, although admittedly being prepared is not something he fails at. But that is something I'd focus on when considering him as a long term manager in the PL. What's the plan? Surely you're not banking on McClean and Nyom as starters for a full season. How do you deal with Chadli? Many questions.

In the Championship this is the least of our worries, both will be far above average in their respective positions.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #348 on: May 08, 2018, 07:28:24 PM »
How very typical of the man

Darren Moore Shares Premier League Manager Of The Month Prize With Over 100 Staff

Source: http://www.sportbible.com/football/news-reactions-darren-moore-shares-pl-manager-of-the-month-prize-with-over-100-staff-20180508
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

vrabbit

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #349 on: May 08, 2018, 07:49:08 PM »

In the Championship this is the least of our worries, both will be far above average in their respective positions.

granted, but my questions were in the scenario where we actually pull off the survival to remain in the PL