0 (0%)
Anichebe
0 (0%)
Berahino
0 (0%)
Morrison
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: 21 Apr 2014 Man City 3 Albion 1  (Read 82278 times)

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

Re: Man City Away 21st April
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2014, 06:38:34 PM »
70, 80 or £90 tickets maybe?

You are right it's all about choices and if you wish to pay that then it's upto you. But if people keep paying these prices nothing will change, the more they get away with it the more they will do it and it will keep going up.

Problem is that it will keep going up anyhow and will take more than fans boycotting. The difference between us paying £56 and us paying £25 is around £62k based on an allocation of 2000 tickets. That is nothing to many clubs these days as we are irrelevant given what they get from TV and especially to a club like City.

I'd love to know why we are paying more than others as I can't find any category details for City tickets anywhere and we hardly ever sell out there anyhow.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2014, 06:42:29 PM »
Problem is that it will keep going up anyhow and will take more than fans boycotting. The difference between us paying £56 and us paying £25 is around £62k based on an allocation of 2000 tickets. That is nothing to many clubs these days as we are irrelevant given what they get from TV and especially to a club like City.

I'd love to know why we are paying more than others as I can't find any category details for City tickets anywhere and we hardly ever sell out there anyhow.

So why do theses clubs need to charge that criminal amount then if irrelevant ?

Part of me really wished that football would get hit by a massive recession like in the eighties and maybe we can all start again with some dignity and sanity.
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2014, 06:43:17 PM »
I cant believe the club have had the 1,700 allocation. Theres no way were going to sell that many. How many did Fulham take saturday because its the smallest away support ive ever seen at the ethiad. Ours will be on par with that i reckon.

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2014, 06:44:43 PM »
I agree mate, Im going to stand by what I said earlier that people who pay this are part of the problem no matter how harsh it is.

Yep, I did pay 42 at West Ham despite saying I would never pay that - a pressie from the Mrs at Christmas is my excuse !

However, no way would I pay 56 - I never go to Chelski away now for similar reasons. Not interested at that price.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2014, 06:48:22 PM »
So why do theses clubs need to charge that criminal amount then if irrelevant ?

Part of me really wished that football would get hit by a massive recession like in the eighties and maybe we can all start again with some dignity and sanity.

They don't NEED to charge it. They CHOOSE to, thats the problem.

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2014, 07:08:55 PM »
They choose to charge it because they know there enough mugs who will pay it!

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2014, 08:02:29 PM »

But I don't even think Citeh sell out every game so it's madness.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2014, 08:25:35 PM »

Maybe I am a mug.  No need for the insult though.

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2014, 08:52:59 PM »
Fair play to the genuine Citeh fans who are disgusted on Bluemoon:

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=299150&start=30

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2014, 09:28:02 PM »
To put the seat price into context if City reduced their wage bill by 15% they could let the fans in for free and be no worse off. However until the clubs start to get a grip of player wages they will continue to push the price of tickets to make ends meet. 
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2014, 09:41:19 PM »
So it's me and Phil singing our little heads off, and when we win 1-0, chants of £56 quid and you can't win the league.
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2014, 09:47:37 PM »
It's scandalous. I was looking forward to making a good weekend of it, heading to snowdonia for the weekend then up to manchester on the monday. Can't believe they think it's fair to charge so much for a televised game. Doubt anyone else this season aside from the top 4/5 has had to pay that much, especially a club thats hardly much of a rival for City?! So annoyed as wanted to do the last 3 away games after missing a fair few lately. Where's their justification? Absolute t*ssers in the hierarchy there. Football is going down the drain and rapidly.

Baggy nerd

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2014, 11:01:22 PM »
Maybe I am a mug.  No need for the insult though.
It is your choice and if you have the money to spare and want to support your team then it is up to you. I still hope that very few go as the price is disgusting.
Out of interest...if we are 3-0 down after 10 minutes (which is possible) will you wish you hadn't bothered?

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2014, 11:42:19 PM »
To put the seat price into context if City reduced their wage bill by 15% they could let the fans in for free and be no worse off. However until the clubs start to get a grip of player wages they will continue to push the price of tickets to make ends meet.

And until fans make a stand and say "no" to these ridiculous prices, then they will continue to get away with it.

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2014, 11:58:20 PM »
Sadly, even if very few of us go, city will just get home fans to fill in the empty spaces, so it barely matters. I will probably go tbf, I'm barking mad I know but I go for Albion and know a boycott will mean sod all.

RICH ONE

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2014, 07:01:37 AM »
Not missed a home or away game this season but not going to this one out of principle not going to the Greedy Mancs take my hard earned cash. Feel sorry for any parent taking their kids to his game as it would be a very expensive night out. I am sure many children would have asked Dad to take them to his ground due to it been the Easter Holidays.
We will must take a stand on this one and boycott the game .

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2014, 07:07:28 AM »
Sadly, even if very few of us go, city will just get home fans to fill in the empty spaces, so it barely matters. I will probably go tbf, I'm barking mad I know but I go for Albion and know a boycott will mean sod all.

I cannot understand why anyone would go to this. Difference in opinion i supose

Brummie Road

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2014, 07:37:07 AM »
Anyone paying these daft prices is essentially supporting Man City's decision to charge £56 & £35. Freedom of choice, but looking at the bigger picture, sad in a way that some clubs overiding greed is effectively resulting in a lost generation of younger supporters. Still cash is king at this level so why worry about the future of football. I'm getting to the point where bailing out of the Prem is beginning to look attractive and yeah, I know I'll regret saying that when I've calmed down from seeing the disapointment on my 14 year old's face when I told him that sadly we were no longer going - sometimes you have to say no on principle.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2014, 08:16:17 AM »
It is your choice and if you have the money to spare and want to support your team then it is up to you. I still hope that very few go as the price is disgusting.
Out of interest...if we are 3-0 down after 10 minutes (which is possible) will you wish you hadn't bothered?

Its not as though i've never seen us get stuffed somewhere before though is it and to be fair not as though its going to be unexpected if it happens this time.

The price is bang out of order and theres no way they can justify it other than greed but unfortunately thats the league we are in.

Luckily I don't have a young child to have to pay for which in that case I would not be going.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2014, 08:23:50 AM »
Its not as though i've never seen us get stuffed somewhere before though is it and to be fair not as though its going to be unexpected if it happens this time.

The price is bang out of order and theres no way they can justify it other than greed but unfortunately thats the league we are in.

Luckily I don't have a young child to have to pay for which in that case I would not be going.

The thing is though by going it is just telling the Chelsea's, Arsenals and Man City's that you charge us what you want we will pay. How can anyone complain if we are charged the same next year because people paid it this year.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2014, 08:25:00 AM »
But they don't care if we go or not as they will just make our section smaller and sell tickets to home fans, they probably prefer it if no away fans travel.

BigMickk44

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2014, 11:06:51 AM »
absolutely disgraceful.  Im aint going and havnt missed a game all year. Wish everyone would boycott

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2014, 11:24:26 AM »
I haven't verified it, but I've just read that you can get a season ticket at Bayern Munich for £117.....

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2014, 11:39:45 AM »
I went last year, it wasn't on TV and it cost £40 so can anyone one tell me why a £16 increase, they can stick the ticket where the sun don't shine.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2014, 11:44:31 AM »
I went last year, it wasn't on TV and it cost £40 so can anyone one tell me why a £16 increase, they can stick the ticket where the sun don't shine.

Because as being proved on here people will pay it.